The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..16..23..30..37..44..45~46~47 [Next]
Gasman
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Gasman
Takeachance
Totally possible. It really is rugged enough in my experience to roll as much as possible. It would appear to take as much abuse as any small, plastic, hollow die (i.e., don't slam it against the floor or wall!). It is very, very well made! Maybe just control the area its rolled in (like we do for dice games...using the inside of the box lid so the die doesn't fall on the floor all the time and risk being stepped on or kicked). It will not be suspicious in the least and the number will be random.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Someone who earns their living performing might not like part's of their act discussed on an open board though.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Risto L.
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
174 Posts

Profile of Risto L.
I agree with Markymark and hope you have John`s permission to share it here. I know we are all excited about this, but let`s think for a while before posting comments and pictures that will be regretted. Maybe Craig could set up a private discussion board?

Risto
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
545 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
I'm working on it, but it is going to take a while. -Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
829 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
John Archer posted earlier in this thread that he bought as is using MD, so its public knowledge that he uses MD, - furthermore it was me who first showed it to him.

Steve
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
It's true that I do have MD and Steve put me onto it, which is party the reason I did the routine the other night as I knew Steve would be there. Having said that I probably would prefer it if my exact routine wasn't gone into too much detail here. It is something I am still working on but I would rather its not seen as public domain, hopefully it will develop into something sweet after another 6 months or so.

Cheers,

John
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Can anyone tell me the difference between equinox and red handed?
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
3868 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Same effect actually. May be two different methods though, in that case it really depends on which one appeals to you more, you can't go wrong with either if you wish to perform that effect.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
829 Posts

You got it John !

Steve
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 22:39, kissdadookie wrote:
Same effect actually. May be two different methods though, in that case it really depends on which one appeals to you more, you can't go wrong with either if you wish to perform that effect.

It's just I've known two people who owned equinox, and both sold it within a week of playing with it due to reliability issues.
funnymagic
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of funnymagic
Dr Steve, do you still have your multi dimentional for sale?
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
829 Posts

Funnymagic,
sorry no I don't have my MD for sale any longer.
I originaly aquired two, one of which has now been sold, I would not ever sell my remaining one!

Steve
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 17:02, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Funnymagic,
sorry no I don't have my MD for sale any longer.
I originaly aquired two, one of which has now been sold, I would not ever sell my remaining one!

Steve

Which cube do you use most?
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
829 Posts

Hi Rick

I use the dice most, and also the ESP cube a lot, they are the easy ones to remember the code to ! - the colour cube takes a lot more concentration !

the ESP cube is good for psychic type presentations.

have you got one yet Rick ? its superb.

Steve
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Is it safe to come out yet? Smile

I’ve un-boarded all of my windows as it looks like the angry mob of people with torches and a lynch rope seemed to have left!

As Sergeant Shultz used to say on Hogans Hero’s; “I know nnnnuthing”!

In all seriousness though I think that perhaps it best if only suggested routines were posted and or questions about MD. It’s all too strange in some ways as to when I first happened upon this thread about Craig’s MD and all of the technical information on it being posted and being somewhat surprised and taken aback by it all. But, by the same token I can honestly say that if I had not read the available information on this little miracle I more than likely would not have purchased it.

I’ve seen more than my share of “Hey, this is fantastic”, “Best effect I’ve purchased in many years”, “You’ll have this going in just a few minutes”, etc. and then only to be disappointed when I purchased whatever the effect may have been as I’m sure many of us have especially considering the substantial price which I might add is, well worth it. If that is all I had seen I can assure you I would not now be the very happy owner of one right now.

I think it would be a great idea if people were willing to share their respective ideas/routines on how to present MD although I think the keyword here would be your ideas and not someone else’s of course. Then again I’m not all that sure if this is the correct forum to do so and I’m still trying to navigate myself around Magic Café as there are indeed a plethora of forums here! By the same token, as Craig mentioned earlier, he may possibly have a place for such a discussion for MD on his Web site.

After a few days of making some gaffed cards for the first idea I had which I mentioned earlier on this thread they turned out just great. I made both a set for the regular die and also a color set. I got the images of the regular die off of the Internet and the color card backings by using Paint Shop Pro. I’m pretty used to doing this because as I mentioned in my intro that I used to make gaffed cards professionally years ago. Sure brought forth a lot of memories!

I decided to give MD it’s maiden trial run last evening. I did a few tricks and also brought the color cube with the deck of cards and figured what the hell…let’s give this sucker a go as the two couples at the table seemed very receptive. I did the first routine that I earlier described but handled it a bit differently.
I decided not to have the spectator place the cube on the deck but simply instructed her to place the color cube back in the box and place it aside where I could not see it and then to place her hand on the boxed deck of cards while thinking of her chosen color. By the way, I first took the cards out of the box and freely spread them out face upwards to show that it was just a regular deck of cards and then placed them back in the box. I then got up from the table, went to the bar and exchanged a few words with the bartender and then returned. When I did I saw no sign of the box and I believe I was getting an S.O.S. signal!

I found out after that her boyfriend had it in his lap! Anyway, (I’ll skip most of the chat) I then removed the cards from the box and then freely spread them open face up again and looked rather perplexed! Now when it comes to any magic trick that in any way seems to rely on some type of mentalist effect I at times like to look puzzled (easy for me!) or not sure if things are working out all that well on the first attempt. Obviously I knew the color and exactly how to proceed but I wished to draw this out a little. I then told her that she must not have concentrated hard enough when she had her hand on the box of cards so I simply laid the cards back on the table face up and asked her to place her hand on the cards and concentrate again on the color. I then picked up the deck again and spread them open face up to arrive at a card with its back facing up. She simply had a blank stare as if what the hell is going on as did her boyfriend. I then removed the card, placed it face down on the table and asked her; “Are you sure you concentrated hard this time”? She just nodded yes and I then turned it over to show a bright yellow faced card and then said; “Does that color look familiar to you”? I got the good old “WTF” quite loudly but, not from her but from her boyfriend! As for her, she just had that blank look on her face as if she did not know what had hit her!

I then thanked them all as they did me, gathered up my things and left with what I think was an audible “yesssss” from my lips! Smile

~gaffed~

I’ve included a picture of just a couple of the cards I made. Don’t worry about the picture this time, this is….. my effect/handling! Smile

Click here to view attached image.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
algebraic
View Profile
Special user
927 Posts

Profile of algebraic
Gaffed,

When you reach 50 posts, check out "secret sessions" in "The Banquet Room". It's located below "Tricks & Effects". I think you'll find it to your liking.

I enjoyed your post.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Thanks algebraic. As said I'm somewhat new to this particular forum site and there are really a lot of forums here! I suppose I should just take some time and look around a bit more thoroughly as to what is what. I never knew about the 50 post count to enter certain forums! Come to think of it it does seem like a few days ago that I clicked on something that drew my interest and could not view it so I just moved on. It must have been in the forum you mentioned.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
algebraic wrote:
Gaffed,

When you reach 50 posts, check out "secret sessions" in "The Banquet Room". It's located below "Tricks & Effects". I think you'll find it to your liking.

Hmm...I certainly don't wish to be off topic here but I have a question about "The Banquet Room" and such after 50 posts. I went to the bottom and found "The Banquet Room" but when clicked on it only seems to list all of the forums again but more simplified. Does this "Secret Sessions" appear as it were after 50 posts are made?

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
829 Posts

Yes Gaffed it lets you into the Banquet Rooms after you total up 50 posts, so you have only 4 more to go! - when you get into the Banquet Rooms, check out the
"Inner Thoughts" room for amongst other things, a discussion on MD.

Steve
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-10-28 13:20, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Yes Gaffed it lets you into the Banquet Rooms after you total up 50 posts, so you have only 4 more to go! - when you get into the Banquet Rooms, check out the
"Inner Thoughts" room for amongst other things, a discussion on MD.

Steve

Ahh....thanks Steve! So there is some discussion going on about MD! Sounds good as this did not really sound like the appropriate forum for discussing any routines.

~gaffed~

P.S. Make that 1 more to go. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8..16..23..30..37..44..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL