The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19..26..33..40..45~46~47 [Next]
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I do it first in the box and then repeat with no box, covering with their hands.
That is a good idea, using some other object to cover it, thanks.
I can't quit remember, but I know one of the ladies slamed it down while in the box, maybe when she put it in. They were drinking a lot, so that might be why.
This was a wedding reception. The only other thing on the table was a vase of flowers.

I'll work on directing them better so they do not do this.

Thanks again for the napkin idea. If the coffee cups are handy and clean that will be good also.

ACE
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1598 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
My money well spent
One of the best things I've bought in the last 5years.
Quite difficult to get CR1632 battery in Canada. Nobody seems to have them for sale.
Any information on Canadian suppliers would be appreciated.
TrickyRicky
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Yep, I had a hard time trying to buy them from any stores.
The CR2032's no problem.

Just do a Google search on them.
There are plenty of suppliers for them and quite cheap.
If you do order them purchase at least 10 or so as otherwise the shipping cost would not be worth it.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1335 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
I found a CR1632 at Radio Shack.

ACE
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I bought a ten pack of both kinds of batteries on the Internet, and they arrived in Texas in a couple of days.

Robert
Magicmike221
View Profile
Special user
Manchester UK
607 Posts

Profile of Magicmike221
Me Too I bought a ten pack of each battery (dont want to get caught out with this little Gem) The ten pack from ebay were quite reasonable in price.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Quote:
On 2008-11-20 22:46, craig filicetti wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for all the comments. I was really glad to meet many of you at MindVention this year. There were lots of great ideas and suggestions for usage. Lee Earle came up with fantastic routine, a few actually. But, unfortunately he will probably never see this post. If you know Lee, you know what I am talking about. And as far as how delicate the die is, I designed it for real workers. My vision was for people to walk around with it in their pocket and pull it out when they need it, that is how I do it. It can handle bumps, knocks, and drops. I even had someone step on and crush the most sensitive part. I bent it back and it still works fine. I have several customers that put it in their show and perform it daily. I have some special ways of testing and I think they will go the distance.

All the best,
-Craig

This is the best trick I've purchased this year. But, I'm still struggling with the presentation. A few people have PMed me with very clever ideas, but in the end, this still seems like a "gotcha". In other words, a "look how clever I am - I can do this and you can't" kind of effect.

I performed this a couple of nights ago, and someone said, "I don't know how you do it, but I know you'll get it right again!" Obviously not the reaction I'm looking for.

I'd rather not over-complicate the routine and I don't want to incorporate it into a larger routine. But, as it is, I can't figure out a way to present this without it being a puzzle.

Any brilliant ideas?

Thanks, Robert
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
You have to actually test ALL the batteries out before hand.
I purchased maybe 60 batteries off of ebay from 3 different vendors.
Of those 60 batteries I got maybe 30 that have enough amperage to to
drive the vibrator. Criag recommends Panasonic batteries .. but even many of
these that were Panasonic were not any good. Make sure it vibrates when you
turn the receiver on -- if it doesn't the battery is no good.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
545 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
All,

I buy all my batteries from a big electronics supplier for $0.25 and have had no issues. I think these are the best ones to use.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/DkSear......=P189-ND

I get the CR1632 from the same place when they are in stock, or I use

http://www.bfmbatterysales.com/index.asp......odID=154

I did get burned by an ebay supplier and will not do that again.
-Craig

PS anyone in the UK/Ireland/Canada/Sweden/Finland/Israel/Macau/Norway/Spain want to provide some sources? (hope I did not miss anyone;)
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
In the UK and Ireland;

Panasonic CR2032. at .50p each
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Panasonic-CR2032......1C1A1TQ/
ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227699507&sr=8-3

Energiser CR1632. at £1.20 each
http://www.amazon.co.uk/5-Energizer-Lith......_1_2?ie=
UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1227699833&sr=1-2

Steve
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Kind of a funny/crazy story here. When I first purchased MD Craig first sent me the instructions before I received it which of course named the two batteries needed. I wasn’t at all sure if the batteries were included so I decided to go out and purchase both of them before hand.
When I first went looking for the CR1632's I went from store to store including Radio Shack and no go. I then went to a few jeweler's and again...nothing. I hit on one small jeweler and the girl opened up the small drawer's where they kept the batteries and they had them and they were some Korean brand I had never heard of before but at that point I was desperate. She then asked the owner who was waiting on someone how much the battery cost. He simply looked in my direction, and snapped out $10.00! I simply told him to do something that is physically impossible to do to one’s self and walked out.

On my way out of the shopping mall there was one last very well known jeweler so I figured I might as well give one last try. I asked the girl if by chance they had the CR1632's and she went to the drawer and pulled one out and laid it on the counter. With one skeptical eyebrow raised up I asked how much? She said take it, we have plenty! Seeing that I finally found a place that had them I asked her for another one and that I would certainly pay for it. She went back to the drawer and pulled out three more and again said, no charge, we have plenty! As I remember I think I told her that I loved her and left.

Now after having some idiot trying to charge me $10.00 for one off brand battery and then receiving four Duracell’s for nothing I was ready to go back and strangle the guy with one of his overpriced plastic pearl necklaces but I then thought better of it. After I received MD I then purchased a quantity more over the Web.

~gaffed~ Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-11-25 10:30, Robert M wrote:

I'd rather not over-complicate the routine and I don't want to incorporate it into a larger routine. But, as it is, I can't figure out a way to present this without it being a puzzle.

Robert, over the past few weeks I've refined my presentation with the cards and somewhat trimmed it down into a prediction routine. Granted, simply doing as is is a tad fast and simply somewhat of I gotcha routine and it's much too good for that.

I now simply have the boxed cards on the table and have the person choose an ESP symbol while my back is turned or I get up and leave. I have the person place the cube under a coffee cup or a napkin. I then tell them that I had earlier made a prediction and placed my prediction card in the cards upside down. I spread through the cards, come upon a card with it's back facing up amongst the face up cards and have them remove it and turn it over revealing the chosen ESP symbol. I've simplified it a bit to keep it short and I at times change things around a bit but I'm sure you get the general idea. I'm working on a few more as I'm sure most of us are.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I like the idea of putting the cube under a coffee cup and the ID approach. Good thinking!

Robert
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
ID APPROACH ... That's PRETTY COOL !!!!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Thanks Robert.

If anyone is wondering how I handle the prediction card being the only card facing with its back facing up in the midst of all the face up cards its simply the good old rough and smooth principle and the use of “key” cards. As I mentioned in one of my other posts and in my introduction here when I became a member I used to make gaffed cards professionally years ago albeit I no longer have all the equipment I used to have as in a corner cutter and a heating press and various other odd types of equipment. Sorry….hard to explain all the intricacies of it all.

I have all three sets made for myself with the Color, Regular Die and the ESP symbol cards although I only use the ESP cards for a prediction as the ESP symbols seem more apropos to such a venue.
The cards I made are a tad thicker than I would have made them years ago but they work nicely and it’s not really a card trick per say so no problem whatsoever. I made a set for someone else here and I can make them for anyone else if you would like them for $15.00 per set including the “key” cards plus postage. Not trying to sell anything as I’m out of that business but I’ll be more than happy to make them if anyone is interested. Being retired I have more time than I know what to do with. Well….sometimes!

~gaffed~ Smile

By the way..."Happy Thanksgiving" to all those who celebrate it! Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Can you post a picture, gaffed? I've been considering using ESP cards with this, but obviously there's no infinity symbol in a standard ESP deck.

Robert
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Seems like years ago Bicycle had ESP cards but I can't seem to find them except of course for the jumbo one's. And yes, there is no infinity symbol include with either so I simply made all of them myself. I've included a picture of them. I made them with blue Bicycle backs.

~gaffed~

Click here to view attached image.
~Yogi Berra~

gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Here is a picture of the regular Die cards.
I seemed to have misplaced the number 1 card and I sold my set of color cards to someone else so I'll make another set for myself when I get the time. Not the best picture but enough to get the general idea.

~gaffed~

Click here to view attached image.
~Yogi Berra~

Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Those look pretty good. Good job!

Robert
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1679 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
Does anyone know what the shelf life is generally like for these type of batteries? I'm trying to figure out how much of a bulk purchase I make.

Thanks!
Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..19..26..33..40..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL