The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19..25..31..37..43..45~46~47 [Next]
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
541 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Lithium batteries typically have a very long shelf life, 10 years. Just keep them isolated, don't throw them into a pile as they easily short each other out. Keep them in the blister pack or on a tray at room temperature. -Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
If it is in this thread I missed it, so I'll ask:

How does this cube compare with the Wisseman Remote Vision Color Cube?

Gianni
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I can't really comment on the Wisseman Remote Vision Color Cube as I don't have it but can only go be the posts that I've seen about it here on the Café.

I can however tell you that Craig's MD is extremely well made and of the utmost precision in every respect. It's very easy to detect the chosen die and it's very quiet and compact. Also, Craig will stand behind this in every way and will answer any questions very promptly. You can't go wrong with this.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Wisseman's items are also quite good, but the die (which I had and sold to buy Craig's) is bigger (sometimes good for stage) but also needs to be put in box. Also, it looks like something from Grandpa's garage rather than looking like a die you can actually roll (and you can with Multidimensional). The biggest advantages of Multidimensional are that the special something is much smaller (can fit in areas of your body no one will inspect), and, if you buy the combo pack, you get three dice to work with. With Wisseman you only get one . . . but he also offers good service. But Multidimensional is more versatile (although there are some great Wisseman sales on Café . . .).
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Thank you, Mumblemore, very helpful.

Can I take it that there is no difference in reliability in the two items?

Also, I like the fact that the Wisseman cube has a lighting system. It seems that the MD system is vibrational. Is this right or wrong?

Gianni
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I just received mine and all I can say is this is truly remarkable. Both the size and weight of everything is just amazing and unbelievably deceptive. You know the selection within 3 seconds despite whatever method the spectator conceals the die. Magic is alive.

Dan.
TheAmazingSteveo
View Profile
Inner circle
1561 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingSteveo
Here is another idea ... I'm going to try it out today.
I started to make a ID with the symbols .. then I thought .. why not
put all 6 outs in a wallet something like the heirloom or the preditor wallet.

Say that you made a prediction before you came here today and pull the card out --flip the wallet over to show that is the only prediction you came with

Could be a picture of the die or the name of a color written in that color or
the Rhine symbols -- or you could have them all in your wallet.

This way you don't have to carry another ID on you.

What say you?
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1049 Posts

Profile of taller8
I got mine a few days ago too, and it's the best thing I've purchased in quite awhile.

Like I shared with another Café member, there is no let down in the product. Everything is top notch and works as promised.

The first time I performed MD, I actually felt that I was performing real magic.
I must admit, it was a weird feeling. No cards to shuffle, no sleights to do, no misdirection, confidence, no fishy moves.

It's so clean that you can't help but feel a bit more magical in your presentation.

If you're on the fence, jump off and get this. And why are you sitting on the fence in the first place? that has to be a bit uncomfortable.

thanks Craig.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I just noticed your avatar Craig.

Looks like you blew up a Rubik's Cube and then obsessed with with making it into something diabolical! Smile

~gaffed~ Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-11-29 09:58, TheAmazingSteveo wrote:
Here is another idea ... I'm going to try it out today.
I started to make a ID with the symbols .. then I thought .. why not
put all 6 outs in a wallet something like the heirloom or the preditor wallet.

Say that you made a prediction before you came here today and pull the card out --flip the wallet over to show that is the only prediction you came with

Could be a picture of the die or the name of a color written in that color or
the Rhine symbols -- or you could have them all in your wallet.

This way you don't have to carry another ID on you.

What say you?

More or less something on the order of what I do with the cards as a prediction.
After the spectator makes their choice I then tell them that I earlier placed in a prediction card in the deck and that it is the only card that is turned over in the deck (which it is). I can then if I so wish do a ribbon spread to show that is indeed the only card that has been reversed in the deck.

The wallet sounds good also as it is then a prediction which I think sells more heavily than just simply naming the chosen die. As I've said a few times, MD is much too good for that and deserves more presentation and thought before rushing out and doing it as is.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
I bought it and have to attest to the high quality of the prop as well as extreme customer appreciation and service from Craig.

I use it in walkarounds and use it in conjuntion with some other metalist bits.I have been using the presentation that I am reading body language and voice inflection. Plays big..

I also attached a rubber band to the thumper with a pc of silver duct tape.Thats the kind used to repair a hole in your home duct work. This allows me to put it over my leg,arm,wrist,shoulder etc comfortably. I even sent a email to Criag that this should be the standard way to make the thumper. I find this effect is getting closer to real magic and allowing the performer to work on a presentation that will create a POWERFULL memory of your time with the spectator.

The more real you play it.. the better the response.

Its a keeper..... I look forward to Craigs new items.

jpz
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Really no need to use tape or rubber bands. I made an earlier post on this idea but I can’t seem to find it. Anyway, just a simple length of nylon hosiery about 8” long. Just raid your wife’s and take one! Cut off the toe section so that it’s like a nylon “tube”. Holds it very secure to your arm or leg and no need for gunky tape or messing about with rubber bands. This method also allows me to very easily turn it off and on.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

JohnPizzi
View Profile
New user
NJ
81 Posts

Profile of JohnPizzi
Hey Gaffed.
If I start going in my wife's hosiery draw and cutting her stockings up... I don't think I will be looked at too fondly..
What's a 40 old guy doing with his wife's stockings ? Doesn't look good......... Ill stick with the rubber band.

LOL
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
They are always throwing those things out anyway. Just ask her to save you a pair.
If you get any strange looks just simply tell her you're thinking about robbing a bank and you need a disguise!

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1436 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Anyone use this with kids (maybe the number or color die only with the over 5s)? I have an Axtell seal puppet and I am thinking of filling colored balloons and passing the color die out into audience. Volunteer puts a side up and then passes it around, and seal guesses the color by balancing right balloon on its nose (tape or magnet . . .). Would this work for 5-7s (too much older and they are too "cool" for puppets)?
bunkyhenry
View Profile
Special user
NYC Metro
822 Posts

Profile of bunkyhenry
Quote:
On 2008-11-13 23:22, gaffed wrote:
Quote:
bunkyhenry wrote:
Is it possible to get a matching ungaffed die?

WHY?

If you had this I'm very confident you would not have asked the question.
There is absolutely no gaff to hide! That is how fantastic and well made this effect is!

~gaffed~

Your confidence is misplaced.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-12-02 21:05, bunkyhenry wrote:

Your confidence is misplaced.

:confused: Ahh…..no, I don’t believe so! It seems to be in the same place it was when I made my statement.

It’s quite obvious you don’t own MD or you would then see that my statement was quite sound.
It was not intended as being flip or sarcastic and if you took it as such my apologies.

I honestly can’t see the need or justification in having an un-gimmicked cube. That is unless of course you intend in handing the cube over to a spectator after your performance and then ask that they take it home and break it apart!

If and when you decide to purchase MD you’ll find that your confidence will never be misplaced and will remain where it’s supposed to be just as mine is and that your comment was totally uncalled for.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
827 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Gaffed /bunky
My favourite MD effect is to hand it out for close up examination. - I provide a magnetic screwdriver for spec to dismantle MD, but secretly swap in the empty ungaffed cube, - this is the ultimate convincer to the most bitter skeptic, imagine there face that upon dismantling, - the cube is found to be completly empty!

Steve
markthorold
View Profile
Inner circle
Shrunken heads atop
1941 Posts

Profile of markthorold
Why not stick a folded post it note in there with "what did you expect to find" written on it?
Mark
E.O.I
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 15:58, DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Gaffed /bunky
My favourite MD effect is to hand it out for close up examination. - I provide a magnetic screwdriver for spec to dismantle MD, but secretly swap in the empty ungaffed cube, - this is the ultimate convincer to the most bitter skeptic, imagine there face that upon dismantling, - the cube is found to be completly empty!

Steve

Now Steve I know you must be joking on this! I seriously doubt one would spend $40.00 on a duplicate cube just to have someone go hacking away at it with a screwdriver! If it’s not opened correctly its shot! Smile

Quote:
On 2008-12-03 16:29, markthorold wrote:
Why not stick a folded post it note in there with "what did you expect to find" written on it?
Mark

Now that is all too funny!

But like said, going to such extremes will never be necessary with MD.

If one went that far you might as well after you finish your act is to simply pull everything out of your pockets and close up bag, throw it all down on the table and tell everyone; “OK, knock yourselves out”! Smile

~gaffed~ Smile
~Yogi Berra~

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..19..25..31..37..43..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL