The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..45~46~47 [Next]
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-07-12 23:28, Lou Cirulli wrote:
For those that use this regularly do you use it with the box or without?

Have it (for three years now), but never used it and refuse to do so.
Not there is anything wrong with the box, but why draw any attention, and or suspicion as to the box being in any way shape or form as to how you could have possibly divined the chosen "whatever". I simply use a coffee cup, and if one is not available, I have the person place their cupped hands over it. Less is always better. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3750 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I use it because I accidentally stumbled upon a three phase routine that builds. First phase is standard revelation. For second phase, I have one person pick a color then give a second spectator the option to switch without telling me whether they did or not. Then I name the first color and, if they switched, the second color. Finally, I have someone put it in the box behind their back and put lid on so no one can see. Kills. Awesome product.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10601 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I've been doing mine with a PATEO for the final reveal using colored playing cards - blank faced cards with the six choices - all face down.

I agree with Phil as usual - less = more for me.

ERic your idea for the color and then a friend switches is also awesome - need to try that soon.

BTW for those who have owed this awhile, do you change batteries when you notice a weaker signal - or do you just change them preventatively so you don't have a "surprise" in the middle of an important gig (either unit)?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-07-18 23:54, saysold1 wrote:

BTW for those who have owed this awhile, do you change batteries when you notice a weaker signal - or do you just change them preventatively so you don't have a "surprise" in the middle of an important gig (either unit)?

Never had a weak signal, but then again, for the minimal price of the batteries (if purchased via the Internet) I prefer the later. If anything, I'm more concerned about the RX rather than the TX. Better safe than sorry as it goes. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
Western Canada...where all that oil is
3814 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Okay...to push a 27 page thread just a little higher...got my MD today and I must say....HOLY C*AP THIS IS GOOD!!!!

Unbelievable engineering, iron-clad performance...I can't MAKE this thing mess up. It's got "immediate classic" written all over it. I have a new favorite thing. Great service...and I suspect the delivery time would have been significantly better if Canada Post hadn't gone on strike. But I am thrilled...simply thrilled.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.MindGemsBrainTrust.com
www.magicpendulums.com
www.MidnightMagicAndMentalism.com
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2011-07-19 18:55, David Thiel wrote:
Okay...to push a 27 page thread just a little higher...got my MD today and I must say....HOLY C*AP THIS IS GOOD!!!!

Unbelievable engineering, iron-clad performance...I can't MAKE this thing mess up. It's got "immediate classic" written all over it. I have a new favorite thing. Great service...and I suspect the delivery time would have been significantly better if Canada Post hadn't gone on strike. But I am thrilled...simply thrilled.

David

Ah....yet another unsatisfied customer after purchasing MD. Smile
~Yogi Berra~

Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's a shame. This thread goes to show that Craig Filicetti makes low quality gadgets and should stick to his trick with 21 cards...

I'm gonna be honest...I have to at least get one product from Craig before this year ends. I've been putting it off for way too long.
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
545 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Thanks for all the comments guys. I wanted to share that after going to the fantastic Wayne Houchin lecture I have performed the MD symbol cube with a Stigmata reveal. It works very well, like the fogged glass idea earlier. Combine with a cold reading from the symbols and it is very strong.

Best,
-Craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
Max Krause
View Profile
V.I.P.
I should be creating magic with my
1190 Posts

Profile of Max Krause
Quote:
On 2011-04-12 18:24, jonnyboy wrote:
By the way, Max, I recently purchased the Rubik's Cube shell from you for stage presentations. It is wonderfully crafted and highly recommended for someone wanting to use MD on stage.

Jonnyboy,

Not sure how this one slipped by me but thank you for the kind words. I am thrilled you are able to put it to good use.

Kind regards,
Max
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1018 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
No worries, Max. You must have been catching up on some old posts! Thanks for re-sending me my password last night for MACAAN. I'm going to be ordering In Tune to go with the MD when I get back from vacation after next week.

John
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
665 Posts

Profile of egoli
I'm not sure if this has been covered already but has anyone had any experience flying with MD in their carry-on luggage? I'm doing a lot of air travel next month and would love to take MD with me. It would be really upsetting if it was confiscated by airport security.

Ed
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10601 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I took it to Norway and had no issues BUT they did question my Quantum Bender at Amsterdam Schipol - took a moment and I told him I was a magician.

It's the liquids that are a problem - so don't fill your MD cube with water Smile
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1354 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just carried my MD to Florida, Tucson, then CT all in the same week. This was in my carry on and I forgot to take the batteries out. No problems at all.

Mike Smile
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3395 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
I have had MD in my carry on luggage at least 30 times and have never been questioned about it (actually suprises me a little). A small transmiter and receiver is not questioned but I cannot carry on a bottle of water!
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
665 Posts

Profile of egoli
Thanks for the responses - that makes me feel more confidant when travelling

Ed
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10601 Posts

Profile of saysold1
"Please make sure you turn off all electronic devices before take off"
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3814 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
So I've had MD for a little over a week and have used it about 30 times in hospitality suites as well as in two stage shows. I have to say that this little device has blown the doors off my audiences.

The tough part was figuring out a presentation that would be unique -- and beyond the "I know what symbol you chose" idea. While I don't plan on sharing that routine, I WILL say that this clever device offers a WORLD of presentation possibilities...and is 100% reliable.

The terms "Electronic" and "Reliable" usually don't go together. But in the case of this cube sized miracle, they do. I'm six steps beyond delighted with this prop...well worth much more than I paid for it.

I will buy Craig one and three quarter beers if I ever meet him.

Why am I posting this? Because if you're on the fence about spending the cash for this prop as I was (I am a very cheap man...Smile)and you're wondering if it TOTALLY delivers on its promises, the answer is a resounding YES.

BUT if you work a lot of trade shows in Canada and the southern US...OR if you do hospitality suites....OR a mentalism stage show...then let me tell you straight up that MD is the absolute WORST prop you could ever buy. Don't even consider it. Nossir.

Uh uh. A complete waste of money.

Don't buy it.

Not ever.

Pick something else.

Seriously.

David
Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Except bears. Bears will kill you.

www.magicpendulums.com
Tony Razzano
View Profile
Inner circle
South River, NJ
1583 Posts

Profile of Tony Razzano
David,
MD has not failed me in over 2 years. As you said, the performer needs to develop a routine that is entertaining and fun as well as mysterious. Just getting the number/color/symbol isn't worthy of the device.
Best regards,
<BR>Tony Razzano, Past President, PEA
Winner of the PEA"s Bascom Jones and Bob Haines Awards
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4256 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
It's always nice being one ahead ;D
David Thiel
View Profile
Inner circle
3814 Posts

Profile of David Thiel
Tony: SHHHHHHHH!

If we are all very quiet maybe no one will notice this 27 page thread.

And for heaven sakes....quit posting because every time you do, you bump it up to the top again.

.......oh......DOH!

David

www.magicpendulums.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10..17..24..31..38~39~40~41~42..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL