The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43..45~46~47 [Next]
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Absolutely but, my point was why should one have to do so?
It seems to me that the whole point of MD is one being able to not only turn their head but walk out of the room or perhaps simply stand up and turn your back depending of course on the surroundings. It would seem rather odd to me that if you got used to placing your hand on your pocket and decided to stand up and turn your back for a much better impact that it would indeed look very odd if you kept your hand on your leg/pocket! Kind of defeats the whole concept of MD does it not?

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
craig filicetti
View Profile
V.I.P.
Arizona
547 Posts

Profile of craig filicetti
Well there are as many ways to present this as there are ways to get the signal. I know why Robert performs with this method and I can tell you from my own experience that I can perform this sitting across a table, staring at a person while a side is selected, and have just as much impact as leaving the room. Both can be very strong, depending on the presentation. I have two places I use, finger palm and waistband.

Several people have shared fantastic ideas with me, in confidence. Max Krause even wrote an ebook. I have received the most positive comments on Tony Razzano’s idea for the book test, thanks for sharing Tony. And let’s not forget Dr. Hoskin’s very clever cueing system and reference to vibrating undies. Dr. Hoskins and Max, especially, continue to be a great help in product development. A few famous people you would all know, and some not so famous, have shared some awesome routines as well.

I think we need to figure out a way to openly discuss presentation options. I will look into adding a more private area to my web site, or maybe this venue is adequate. Pls. let me know your opinion on the subject.

Best Regards,
-craig
ProMystic - Professional Systems For Mentalists
<BR>www.promystic.com
deputy
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1042 Posts

Profile of deputy
Man I gotta get this!!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
craig filicetti wrote:
I think we need to figure out a way to openly discuss presentation options. I will look into adding a more private area to my web site, or maybe this venue is adequate. Pls. let me know your opinion on the subject.

Yep…some great ideas!

Craig, I think you would be better served in keeping it confined to a private area on your Web site and only accessible to those that have purchased it. Might prove to be somewhat of an incentive for others to purchase it. That way you win and it’s also a win/plus situation for those that own it. Just my opinion.

Hmm….I’ll have to try that gimmick undie thing. Walk down the street with a die in my hand and a big smile on my face!

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Many other products have there own section of the creators website that is used by purchasers to discuss ideas about the item, ie, Labco - Stealth Assasin - PK Ring, Leyser 2020 etc etc, but they are not well used, and all tend to be exceptionaly quiet.

IMHO its better to keep discussions and ideas on here, its far more active and alive, and from Craigs point of view its good that lots of new people can join in the discussion before taking the plunge to buy MD, after all whatever ideas we talk about can only be done if you buy the product [apart from a very similar but bigger version made elsewere].

On a different subject,the "*******" part of MD can also be used with Craigs other products like Red Handed, so if you allready own MD you may as well buy Red Handed at the reduced price that only MD owners can buy at.

Steve
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1554 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Ok but be careful I think some of your early posts gave away too much.It's $300.00
for a prop AND a secret.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4091 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
If you were to feel that way Markymark, then nobody would be using UFO II, Probe, or Childs Play since those are blatantly obvious from the product shots, product description, and discussions on these boards.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
The "secret" as it were might indeed have been discussed on this thread but most obviously it's not something that one can go home and easily make with a dab of glue, a length of twine and a hairpin!
If so, I certainly would not have shelled out $425.00 to obtain it! Smile

Quote:
DR STEVE HOSKINS wrote:
Many other products have there own section of the creators website that is used by purchasers to discuss ideas about the item, ie, Labco - Stealth Assasin - PK Ring, Leyser 2020 etc etc, but they are not well used, and all tend to be exceptionaly quiet.

IMHO its better to keep discussions and ideas on here, its far more active and alive, and from Craigs point of view its good that lots of new people can join in the discussion before taking the plunge to buy MD, after all whatever ideas we talk about can only be done if you buy the product [apart from a very similar but bigger version made elsewere].

You may have a valid point there Steve. Seeing that this site has over 37,000 members I’m sure it would have more of a chance in possibly gaining some great routines rather than being tucked away in a site that is not going to get all that much exposure. Discussing a trick and its secret is a very fine line to walk. Seeing that this is Craig’s trick and, a great on at that, I think it’s a decision that in the end will of course have to be made by Craig.

Just as a side note and something that was brought up earlier on this thread. I can’t for the life of me see why any magician would actually mention the name of a trick when performing it! Number one, there is absolutely no reason to do so and number two, it’s most obviously a definite NO, NO!
Years ago it may not have been all that important but now with everyone having a computer it’s an absolute mortal sin! One simply goes home, types in the name of the trick on Google or Yahoo and…. here ya are! Bad, very bad!

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Well, it seems as though my day has brightened up considering how cold, cloudy and rainy it is today!
As soon as I submitted my last post the doorbell rang and there was my MD deluxe kit!

Now, to duct tape up Brandy's beak (my African Grey parrot) as she is driving me nuts shouting in the background for my attention, tell my other half to spend the day and evening with her friends while I seclude myself away in my office for hours...perhaps days! Smile

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

kissdadookie
View Profile
Inner circle
4091 Posts

Profile of kissdadookie
Hmmmmmmm... seriously considering this instead of my original intended purchase of QB 2.0.
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
OK…MD is too good to be true!
As said, I just received it today and after reading the instructions and checking out the DVD a few times I gave it a cursory test.The extreme precision of the die is unbelievable. Although I heard many great reviews of MD here on this thread I still never imagined just how well this is made! For their weight and size I cannot imagine anyone even considering how this might be done.!

I then immediately decided make use of some nice wood boxes that I have and placed in some foam padding and cut outs for the dies, wood box and that special something. This is much too nice and valuable to simply toss in a cardboard box, plastic bag or drawer. Even took a picture of it. I’m sure that just like many of you we have more than our share of collected tricks over the years that simply gather dust. Number one, this is too good to be simply classified as a “trick”. Number two, I’m very confident that the likelihood of this gathering dust will be nonexistent!

The MD is much toooo awesome to simply use as is as in simply divining ones chosen die number, ESP symbol or color but, even it is simply used as such it will still prove to be a total mind bender! I personally think it deserves much more thought than that as for presentation and or possibly working it in with something else. My head is already spinning with ideas with such things as some specially made cards and God knows what! I have an idea already as to implementing it in with a deck of cards to double its effect but that is something I’ll have to slowly and methodically work out but the spark of an idea is already there.

My idea as to the use of a section of a nylon stocking works great and I’ll have to sneak in the drawers and steal another! Well, so much for now as I have to stop and slap myself in the face as I’m becoming much to overwhelmed with this omniscient feeling about myself since obtaining this wonderful little miracle!

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
I’ll bounce this idea off of your collective heads as to your thoughts about it or, any possible additions and of course critique. Don’t worry…I’m somewhat thick skinned and with that open to any and all ideas.

Now this is just something that jumped into my head as soon as I first messed about with MD and I can’t seem to shake it. I’ve not yet settled on anything as I wish to try out some various methods but here is just the preliminary gist of it.

As I mentioned I think that MD is much too powerful to simply use it as is with one simply divining the color, ESP symbol or the number on a die and should be combined or implemented with something else as in Steve’s idea of using it as a cueing device with a partner and Trinity’s pairing it up with the Dracula book test. Although Craig has some great ideas involving cards I began thinking about other card implementations. Possibly (and this is just a thought as of now) but a deck of cards and for now let’s assume we are using the color die. Not placing forth any patter here for clarity sake and that is something that is usually an individual choice as how one wishes to perform it.

Have a deck of cards and the die out (the box is optional of course).
Take the deck out of the box and freely and openly spread them face up to show that all is normal and then place them back in the box. Have the spectator choose a color and then instruct the person that it is very important to then place the die (with or without the box) on top of the deck. (having the spectator place them on the deck means nothing but it may possibly impart more of a somewhat puzzling aspect to the effect.) You will have your back turned or better yet, leave the room. Upon returning the spectator will have the chosen color die in the box or hidden (however you wish to handle that part).In this scenario let’s assume that the chosen color is GREEN. If you use the box have the spectator remove the die box from atop the box of cards and place it aside. Take the deck out of the box and when you then spread them open again face up there is but one card with its back facing up in the deck. Have the spectator remove that card and place it face down on the table. Then have the spectator turn over the card and the face of the card will be GREEN! As said, this can all be handled however you wish to do so. Let’s for this instance say that when the spectator turns over the card and the face color is GREEN you could possibly say; “Does that color look familiar”? I’m sure you get the idea and it can be handled in several different ways.

This first effect is a no brainer and I’m sure you’ve already easily surmised how easily it can be accomplished. Of course any of the dies can be used in this effect but the face down card(s) will then either have to have the ESP symbols or the numbers of the regular die on its face. This all depends on which die you wish to use and how you wish to present it. Of course I’m referring to blank faced cards that you can write upon with a felt marker, paste on a color, spray on a color or, even take a photograph of each side of the regular die and have that on the face of the card which is something I’m seriously considering. It’s all up to your imagination and ingenuity.

The second effect is somewhat the same but a bit different in its handling. This time upon returning the spectator freely chooses any card of their choice! That freely chosen card is then placed on top of the deck face up but when its turned over this time the back of the card had turned into the chosen color, ESP symbol or die number. I’m still working on this effect and it’s insanely easy to do but I believe it has one drawback or, possibly two. Number one is that the deck of cards cannot be introduced at the beginning of the effect but only upon your return. I feel that it would be stronger if the deck were introduced at the beginning and in plain sight of the spectator as in the first effect. Number two and, this is a minor drawback depending on the surroundings but, you must leave the room instead of simply turning your back. To me this second effect is much stronger in that the spectator is given to two free choices as to the die and then the chosen card.

I’m not the greatest with cards and admittedly never was but even more so now due to some arthritis in my hands but both of these effects are very easy to do. Perhaps those who are more proficient with cards can perhaps come up with some ideas as to the second effect being done on the spur of the moment as it were and having the deck in full view from the beginning? Also as to the first effect, if you simply wish to use the numbered die you can just whip out your “Invisible Deck” and produce the face down card with the corresponding chosen number. My method is much easier, no mathematics, the back side of the deck can be shown and any deck can be used with a few culling of some cards and the insertion of the gimmicked cards.

So, what say you? Any suggestions, further ideas, critiques, etc.?

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3417 Posts

Profile of takeachance
So no body is having any trouble with rolling the dice. I thought that could knock the interals around. Is it standing up to the test. I'm use to handling this type of technology with care, I luv the fact that it seems you can just roll em!
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
They seem pretty darn sturdy and a bit of padding in the die for thegimmick plus, considering their light weight I'm sure they could hold up to rolling.
However, I certainly would not want one to be rolled and end up bouncing off a table/bar and landing on a hard floor. I think that would be pushing the envelope. Well.....at least for me. I think just plain 'ol common sense would prevail here.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3417 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I wasn't thinking about slamming them like in a game of craps, LOL, but useing a cup to gently roll them from
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Rolling the die? You want to read the specs mind not the dice, right? Smile
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Gasman
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of Gasman
LOVE THIS! Forget all the fancy wraps and hiding...I just slip the someting into my sock. Agree with Roth...plan your routine to take as much attention as possible off the cube...its only a tool to help solidify or record a thought or generate a number or something random. Unless you're doing some form of precognition, like predicting the roll of a die...but that puts too much heat on the die and now starts raising flags of gimmick! This is soooo good I think the tendency will be to make it too complicated. Just keep it simple and impossible, then move on with your newly aquired god-like status.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3417 Posts

Profile of takeachance
As far as taking heat off the dice, I believe most people would expect to roll dice, cause that's what you do with them. The color cube is a different situation as is the ESP ! Oh, and I agree with Robert, get rid of the photo or at least go to the Inner Thought forum
cheerz
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2008-10-25 20:30, Roth wrote:
Rolling the die? You want to read the specs mind not the dice, right? Smile

A very good point. In all of my thoughts on how to present this I've not once considered in asking the spectator to roll the die. It would make no sense! No matter what die you choose you're asking the spectator to freely choose a number, color or an ESP symbol and not merely pick one by the roll of the die! That could very easily lead one to the assumption that the die is somehow fixed as to how it lands. Totally a wrong way to handle this most fantastic effect and you then defeat its purpose.

~gaffed~
~Yogi Berra~

takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3417 Posts

Profile of takeachance
The dice will be secondary in the effect I want to use it in. I'm not using the same script that has been suggested here. If I were I'd agree with you. However, I need 3-5 spectators to gently roll the dice(which in itself proves it not loaded) and I'm asking is that possible. If not, then my seach continues!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Multi Dimensional by Craig Filicetti (12 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7..15..22..29..36..43..45~46~47 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL