The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Interest in Rope Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
Between Tabary and Fiber Optics.....which do you prefer? Or any other suggestions please.

Thank You
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I love Tabary, and find only 10% of Fiber optics to be valuable. Both are George Sands based and have very little to offer in originality except that they both have revived the Sands moves with modern presentation.
Now, Dbaronian, you keep forgetting my Dances. Which can be referred to as Dances with ropes, or the Garrison DVD.
By the way, the National release date of my DVD is soon. Just waiting for the DVD company to deliver.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
dbaronian
View Profile
Regular user
Northridge, CA
199 Posts

Profile of dbaronian
C'mon Ian, you know my name is Dany...lol.
I have Tabary and have been practicing on it. I was looking into getting other rope routines. (FYI...even though I sell magicians rope, I still want to learn more rope magic.) So when I saw the Fiber Optics Extended DVD ad, it looked really good, and just before my impulse took over to buy, I stopped myself. Because after looking at it again, it didn't look like the material was far different from Tabary. I didn't want to spend the money on something that wasn't going to actually teach me something new. But if anyone has both DVD's and can justify a difference between them, then I'ld like to hear it.

Ian, I didn't know about your Dances. Is there a clip that we can see? Are you on YouTube or something? I don't know if you have any DVD's out of yourself, and don't know your teaching methods, but some people have horrible instructional DVD's out there.
BaronianTrading.com...your #1 source for magicians' rope.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I have about three threads on the knots and ropes section and a you tube and my site.
One thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=9

Dances is on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQ8JJvmZ1TI

and also my site with other rope routines and links to buy:
http://magicians.podbean.com/dances-with-rope/

another thread
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=9
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20514 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I can't believe that the old cowboy has no posts in this thread about ROPE! It has been a major tool in my life. (I was raised as a cowboy.) As a magician, I have gone through miles of it.

But the reason is sincere! Some of the top guys in the rope magic industry are posted here. (Whit, Ian, etc.) All we need is to get George Sands, Pavel, Daryl and a few cowboys and rodeo clowns I've known and you have the rope brain trust in one thread.

I'm intimidated!

Rope magic is never out of style. It plays well from truck stop restaurants to Hilton Hotel ballrooms. It would be very difficult to be a pro magician and never use rope. Rope is a basic tool in effective magical effects.

Once learned, good rope routines are like learning to ride a bicycle. Once you get it, it's good for life.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I sat around a family campfire, only the fire light and I did my Dances rope routine. It got wows and oh's and it was as good close up as it is on stage. The exciting thing about rope magic is the closer you get to it, the more unbelievable it is to the spectator. Stage and parlour play well, but close up and personal is extreme.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Interest in Rope Magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL