The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
Just got an mass e-mail from Paul about a new product of his.

http://www.paulbrook.co.uk/thoughtreader.htm

Looks really interesting, ive just ordered mine and will write a review of it as soon as I have had a play around with it.

If it is anything else like his other releases then I think that we are in for a treat.

Anyone else had a punt at this?

Dr.J
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
He explained it over the phone a couple of weeks ago and it sounds great!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I should be getting mine tomorrow hopefully..i'll let you know once ive road tested it..it does sound very good though...
I've asked to be banned
Ezzet
View Profile
Veteran user
Sweden
391 Posts

Profile of Ezzet
Looks really good. Let us know if it works in other languages than english.

Ezzet
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Personally....I don't like it

if I do mind Reading.....I wouldn't do it from a list of item.......am I right!

Jerome Tought Dial is more like it......
Vincent.Lynch
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Vincent.Lynch
When it says 'its repeatable' does it mean its repeatable to the same participant.

Because if its what I think it is, then it isn't, can someone please respond to my query?
kyle_freemason
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of kyle_freemason
Your query? I agree.I tend to think the effect if based upon a method I have in mind would only be repeatable instantly if you were to move to a new spectator.
MM
Butler # 254
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'd love to read a review. Does it play as stated? I think of something on the list. You tell me details first and then name the thought of object? Why the numbers then?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Yes the number threw me as well.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I will give some sort of a review when I get it...should be about a week...

Nathan
bear trees
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
263 Posts

Profile of bear trees
Got the email about mental yarn
MindSeeker
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of MindSeeker
I might be able to shed some light on these questions. I saw this on Paul's website the day prior to his release and purchased it. It came this morning and I have read the ebook and can answer some of your questions.

Regards Mental Yarn:
Nothing like it, you don't need a secondary list, you do not know what number the person has chosen (odds, evens, or anything), and they DO NOT need to say a single word to you (about numbers, words, or objects).

Regards Repeating the effect:
It can be instantly repeated WITH THE SAME PERSON and with a different object being selected, the same card is used for this.

Regards the Numbers and need for a List of words:
In the ebook Paul talks about the justification for the list of words, and also the numbers. The justification is not wishy washy and makes utter sense. The way that you also deliver this information is very elegant.

Some of the objects are named aloud before and object is chosen, and to stop any of these objects influencing the voulunteers choice, he is to think of a number. This helps to create a random selection.

There are a number of other subtleties that I cant really talk about on an open forum. Suffice it to say, that any competent performer could easily make this prop invisible.

Remember though that there needs to be compromise; this is not real mindreading.

Regards my views on the effect:

I think that the card is beautifully produced.

The ebook is full of excellent tips and subtleties with a number of golden gems worked out of real world performances.

I have only tried it on my wife so far, and she freaked out. She obviously knows a few methods due to the amount of material I have shown her. Her first response was, "How did you do that without f*shing?" she was really freaked out.

Shes just come in the room as I am typing this and I am asking her what she remembers, she says:

"You showed me a list of objects, I secretly chose one and then you told me what I was thinking!"

I think that this is a pretty strong effect, my only reservation was why would you carry a card of words with you, but Paul covers this and I really think it works. Over the next few weeks I will be road testing this card quite a lot. So will keep you all up to speed!

Hope this helps clear things up.
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Sounds like a good effect when you need that special demo to show prospective clients.
Waiting to here a few more reviews before buying so please keep them coming guys.
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I was hoping mine would come today...but the swine didn't turn up..paul ran through it over the phone with me too though...and it sounds as clean as a nun's habit...
I've asked to be banned
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Mine's not arrived either, grrr...

It sounds as innocent as a baby polar bear sat nibbling a salad when the animal rights people call at his iceberg looking for dead seals.
fishwasher
View Profile
Inner circle
B'ham uk
1231 Posts

Profile of fishwasher
Paul showed me this the other week...very cool...
Sayn lay narn, marli?

http://www.bizarremagic.net
Mr.Magic
View Profile
New user
Germany
76 Posts

Profile of Mr.Magic
What about other Languages? can you perform it in German?
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18036 Posts

Profile of Slim King
It is 100%?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Kevin Cook
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of Kevin Cook
Paul popped into me and showed me this. Its cleaner that a fat lump of Tuesday.
Athos
View Profile
Elite user
NADO - Mind reader
481 Posts

Profile of Athos
Quote:
On 2008-08-07 11:51, Mr.Magic wrote:
What about other Languages? can you perform it in German?

I'd like to know this too, can it be done in french also?
Max.
NADO
«How much of a gift it would be to really know what someone is thinking of?»
- Steeve Blanchet, news anchor, TVA
«Here is someone that truly uses his powers for good.»
- David Meclomesnil, weekend radio.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL