The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
Chanku
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Chanku
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 13:19, Jim Pace wrote:
Looks like the Magic List from my Visuantics DVD. Is this similar Paul?

Mindseeker has mentioned that the effect can be repeated again with the same person with the same card. So on second thoughts, maybe it is not all that similar after all.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Yeah..it is repeatable..with a different outcome too..
I've asked to be banned
E.C. Valdemar
View Profile
Veteran user
Orange County, CA
301 Posts

Profile of E.C. Valdemar
Really? Hmmmm....Now I am interested.
Rob-ing you of your thoughts www.themindofrobert.weebly.com
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
One question...how do you access the ebook? Does the card come with a cd-r or do you go to a secure site to download it? or something else? PM me if it is too secret to share...I ordered mine on Wednesday...It would be nice if Paul could let us get the ebook downloaded so we can learn the stuff before we get the card.

Nathan
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
You get the download address on a sticker when you open your package nate..
I've asked to be banned
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Thank you, good sir! A thousand blessings!

Nathan
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
"Mindseeker has mentioned that the effect can be repeated again with the same person with the same card. So on second thoughts, maybe it is not all that similar after all."

You can repeat with mine also...same person

Paul no response?
Jim
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
He's gigging a lot at the moment jim, doubt if he's had chance to read this place..
I've asked to be banned
wordSMITH
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of wordSMITH
After all, he is bad enough at regularly appearing on his own forum!

Although I have found Paul exceptionally prompt with email.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2558 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Mine came promptly and initial thoughts are very positive. A lot of thought has obviously gone into this and I really feel it is going to be worth the time to get to grips with it in order to do it justice - and create maximum impact!
Looch
View Profile
Inner circle
Off by
3431 Posts

Profile of Looch
Paul kindly sent me one of these as a review piece a couple of weeks ago and it is indeed lovely.

Now my history of mentalism isn't overly extensive so I cannot comment on the absolute originality, in terms of the Jim Pace Effect. I have not see Jims effect neither.

What I will say is that it is a lovely piece of pocket mentalism and the strength lays within its simplicity.

One thing to bear in mind is a couple of people in the thread are being a little shady with the truth. Yes in theory the effect could be repeated with the same person however you would certainly be running a risk.

Even with excellent spectator management and control to ensure an opposite outcome you inadvertently run the risk of exposing the method to the participant.

Having said that I like it and have used it, which is so much more than I can say with a lot of other stuff over the last year.
My Mentalism Products: https://www.readmymind.co.uk/
Bookings: https://looch.co.uk/
StuartNolan
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of StuartNolan
I'm interested in this but I'd really like to hear a comparison with Jim Pace's cool method.
"One should always be a little improbable." - Oscar Wilde
Colin
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1348 Posts

Profile of Colin
It does what it says on the tin! Paul's thinking will allow you to simply and effectively achieve the exact effect described! The little bits of psychology and focus that Paul Brook is a natural at adding to all his effects makes this very worth keeping in your wallet!

The way I have been using using it, after the same lead in and set up, is to have two people think of an object at the same time and I like to reveal to both of them what the object is! Close up I don't mention the numbers, on stage I do. I'm keeping that fairly open as I don't want to reveal the method, however for those who already have it, I will happily explain, in private, my handling to make this play much bigger for a larger audience! That should tell you that I have already been using it and will continue to consider how much further this concept can be taken!

Thanks for, yet again, sharing your wonderful thinking with us Mr. Brook!

Very best wishes,
Col.
Check out Psych-Artist.com now for free essays and other resources.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I got mine today...I will read the book and post...at a quick glance it looks quite clever...Paul has really put in the work on this one...

Nathan
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
I haven't finished the book yet, but I think Jim and Paul need to have a chat...I hate to do this, but I only think it is fair...

One thing, on Jim's vid he explains the trick in like a minute...Paul spends 50 pages (yes, the 65 page e-book has 15 pages of ads)explaining all the thought behind the card...

But fair is fair and these 2 creators need to have a long talk.

Nathan
Paul Brook
View Profile
Special user
UK
648 Posts

Profile of Paul Brook
Hi all at the café,

Jim and I have been in contact with each other and it seems the the underlying premise is similar.

I had sadly not heard of Jim's effect and had grafted the idea for my card, over a period of time, through trial and error.

In future editions of the e-book Jim will be given full credit for creating the underlying concept.

From the contact that I have had with Jim it would appear that the basis of the effect is similar but we have both taken it in different directions. Can't say too much in case the exposure fairies are out!

Jim has been a real sport in this process and I thank him for all of his understanding.

With Warmest of Regards as Always,

-Paul
PAUL BROOK

He Knows Shop - All of my mentalism books, PDFs and props Smile

NEW - Certified Mentalism A beautifully illustrated hardback book full of real world mentalism Smile

Ask Paul Podcast A mentalism and magic podcast where you control the content Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2822 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Well, that is good news...I figured it was due to independent invention!

Class act, Paul (Jim, you as well)!

Nathan
geoff
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of geoff
Just checked out !
Now waiting 2 weeks for France, RRrrrrr.
I'll give my impressions in french representations.
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4188 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Hey everyone...

Just got this.

LOVED it.

This will most certainly be in my walk around set. Paul has put together a fine piece of work here.

Bravo Mr. Brook!

As always -- a class act!

J
xxx
samdan
View Profile
Special user
513 Posts

Profile of samdan
I am a hobbyist mentalist and am concerned with 65 pages (or even 50) of instruction. How difficult is this effect or how much practice is necessary? I don't mind practice etc but I do have a day job and a family. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.51 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL