The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 07:44, Candin wrote:
Without exposure, could someone tell me if this is different then Mental Yarn? Thanks.

yes..completely different...
I've asked to be banned
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Iain..........
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
Candin,
I performed this for one of my magic friends who does Yarn as a pocket effect. I performed it for him and his girl friend at the same time.

He right away thought I was going to use yarn. When I finished up he was in shock. Here are his words “Ok now that is very very clever.” I feel the two person variation is the strongest.
Hope this helps.
-Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2008-09-29 07:10, aceofharts wrote:
Candin,
I performed this for one of my magic friends who does Yarn as a pocket effect. I performed it for him and his girl friend at the same time.

He right away thought I was going to use yarn. When I finished up he was in shock. Here are his words “Ok now that is very very clever.” I feel the two person variation is the strongest.
Hope this helps.
-Floyd

Thanks FLoyd, sweet. Hey, your friend said very clever, do you think he suspected anything?
Floyd Collins
View Profile
Inner circle
Ohio
1633 Posts

Profile of Floyd Collins
I would say he did to some degree, he knew something was up, but had no idea how I did it.
Its not a bad effect, once I enlarged it some and killed the flowers, I like it more and more.

-Floyd
No one said it would be easy, or did they?

Check out my all new book "Chicken Scratches" visit my lulu store for more information.

http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/thecenterstage

http://www.collinscomedymagic.com
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
I have already played with this card with more than 70 times and I really like it. However, I get caught today, don't talk about audience management, I know a lot about it, I think this card is really good but not too safe. DO you guys have any experience about being caught by your spectators?
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Getting caught has been addressed in this topic...Dr J maybe?

Make sure you have a good follow up routine...

Nathan
joe161205
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of joe161205
Oh come on, of course if we have been caught then it means we fail. And if you know about this card, I am sure the spectator will really laugh with this fail. Because this fail does not mean we fail in psychology or something like that, but it will fail like a trick, then of course this is not experiment, there are differences between fail in experiment and fail in trick. Sorry for that, but I am quite angry because I have already made people believe in my first effect with sanctum,then I continue to perform TRC, when I perform TRC, they caught me, so it destroyed all my believability from the spectators.
Dr.J.Jameson
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of Dr.J.Jameson
Hi Joe, welcome to the café, you have fallen on your feet buy getting some PB material. But I am teaching my grandmother to suck eggs as you already have said that you really like it.

As you are very new here and we have no idea of who you are can you explain how you present yourself when you perform.

If you are performing as a psychologist style mentalist then by stating that you wish to try and experiment before you start will cover you completely. If you do get 'caught' which as you state is VERY rare, you can make the person into a star and someone with extra acute observation.

We are all here to help, so feel free to ask us questions.

Dr. J
I am currently studying:

-- Absolute Magic - Derren Brown
-- Naked Mentalism - Jon Thompson
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
I got this in the post yesterday and my first impression was that this wouldn't work.

Then I actually tried it out last night on some friends that came round for dinner and it absolutely killed. Reading through all the work that had gone into this in the book made me smile, seeing the processes, the trial and error. I'm quite glad we have someone like Paul who's not only willing to share his ideas, but also inspires people to put that extra effort in to thier performances.

Another great product Paul.

Thanks

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
shadowman
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of shadowman
To expensive for non-uk buyers !

John.
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2825 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
And worth every penny, too...

Nathan
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Quote:
On 2008-11-08 09:17, shadowman wrote:
To expensive for non-uk buyers !

John.

Well, I suppose it depends what value it has to you. I'm not going to get involved in all the postage nonsense. In fact I don't really care if other people buy this or not, I just wanted to give it a thumbs up and say I like the thinking behind it.

Cheers

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
I got this through today and still trying to work it all out in my head in terms of routining and such.

Im a little worried obviously, the secret isn't exactly hidden to the purchaser, to be honest I'm most worried about someone choosing number 2, it seems extremely obvious because of the way they move down, it is a pyschological fact that your eyes will always be drawn to both number 2 and 3 the way its laid out and considering 1 is in such bold font and easy to read, to me that one seems a bt poorly laid out.

My question I guess, is why not three? In terms of the card that seems a much more appropriate number, and also in a set of fifteen which is split up into 3 lots. First 5 , then somewaht to the right the next 5, and then over on the same side as the first but lower another 5. (i think I shall remake the card like this to be honest)

But more importantly, could someone help me, I'm a bit confused with the covering of the eyes. Im sure this sounds ludicrusly simple. But 90 degrees to the forehead means palm facing the ground and back of the hand facing the sky, how is that meant to cover someones eyes?

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Jon Hackett
View Profile
Special user
UK
737 Posts

Profile of Jon Hackett
Any thoughts?

Jon Hackett
It is not the brains that matter most, but that which guides them -- the character, the heart, generous qualities and progressive ideas. Doystoyevsky
Bryce
View Profile
Regular user
Oxon, UK
108 Posts

Profile of Bryce
Nothing to worry about it works extremely well. You will not be found out.

The hands covering the eyes is the same angle as with the front of a baseball cap (the part that sticks out) so just see the hand as blocking their eyes fron your own.
Sir Pharaul
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of Sir Pharaul
This seems similar to and effect Jim Pace had on one of his Visu-antic DVD. The trick was called Magic List. Does anyone remember this?
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Sir Pharaul: this has been dealt with on page 2 of this thread.

Peter
Alternative Magic
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
I will admit I was a bit worried about trying this out but to date I am 5 for 5 though I am still a bit nervous with it. Mentalists guilt perhaps.
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
westo
View Profile
Special user
585 Posts

Profile of westo
By the way, as has been posted somewhere... a lot of people imagine a carving knife with a plastic handle, so I always begin with Metal not Wood... If you know what I mean!
Creator of 'The Famous Westo Peek'..'The Westo Dump' and the 'Westolope'
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Paul Brook - Thought Reader Card (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL