The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help - name this illusion... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hi
I want to sell this on eBay. I can't remember what it's called. It was sold by The Supreme Magic Company. Anyone that remembers Supreme Magic might be able to help. Paul Daniels also performed this effect many years ago on his TV show.

Thanks

Derek

Click here to view attached image.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
I had one andit was called " a little slice of hand"

magic mike
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I "think" it's called DIS-ARMED...but I could be wrong. I had this very prop back in another life and I'm about 90% sure that's the name...I also want to say it was made by Abbots...?????
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Hank Lee used to sell this one, as well. I remember seeing him demonstrate it during the 1980's.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Yes, I believe it was Dis-Armed, that certainly sounds familiar. I know 100% I got mine from Supreme.

Just found a modern build here

Thanks everyone.

Derek

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Hmm found another pic and it seems the effect is similar but not the same. My version uses a member of the audience. They put their hand through the tube. You insert the blades and take the hand end completely away, so there is a couple of feet of fresh air between the arm part and the hand part. I still think it's called Dis-Armed tho'

FACEBOOK
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Okay, it's on YouTube Supreme didn't market it under this name though.

Does this help anyone??

Derek

FACEBOOK
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
This is A LIttle Slice of Hand also known as the Arm Box.

Although the one I have looks of better quality
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Thanks guys, A Little Slice of Hand is now on eBay

FACEBOOK
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15110 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Awesome to think how in just a few minutes you could get an answer to something hat years ago would have taken days if at all. Got to love the Café.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
1 hour left to go on eBay if you want this illusion.

FACEBOOK
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Fellow magicians,
FOR THE RECORD
I created "a little slice of hand" in the 70's. Four stars in Genii.

http://magicians.podbean.com/arm-box/

I sold it thru Tannen's who proceeded to "reproduce" it without permission after I pulled it from the market in the mid-80's.
The Supreme version mentioned was a knock-off and totally unauthorized. Mine has a chrome metal edge on the rims.
-----------
I also had some made in India which was poor quality so I stopped production on that as well.
------------
Dis-armed is a Mak magic abomination and is sometimes confused with mine due to the misleading descriptions.
-----------------
BIG difference is that disarmed cuts your own arm and merely bends the box. Slice-off or "Arm Box Illusion" allows you to use a spectator and the hand is separated across the stage.
-------
There was a "variation" of my effect where the same methodlogy cuts the hand in sixths. Overkill, and overpriced.
---------------
Bottom line, there will be the newest version on the market soon. The knock-offs came from Tannens after 1985, and from Mephisto from Belgium, and Supreme magic. Evene Stevens magic emporium carries a knock-off and he didn't even know it.
-------------
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
DanielSteep
View Profile
Inner circle
1409 Posts

Profile of DanielSteep
I currently have a Slice of Hand forsale. It is NOT a knockoff and has been confirmed by Magic Ian.

I also must agree with the statement about the variation that I believe is almost a thousand dollars
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
A friend of mine just sent me a web site that is producing my arm box in the far east. They just won't leave me alone. The problem is, that the price is cheap enough for me to buy them.
On the one hand, its a knock off, on the other it would be less than I can make them for.
Of course, with the shipping, it might make it prohibitive.
---Your thoughts.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Help - name this illusion... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL