The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bobby Motta's Lethal (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dannydaniels
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of dannydaniels
I've watched the demo a few times, and it's pretty cool. A bit fast paced at points and the cutting from one scene to another is a bit breaking my concentration on the trick. Nevertheless, it's a good demo. I just need glasses. One question I have is can the spectators actually see the knife fly across to the board, as I found this a bit unclear in the demo. Also, in the bar, I assume this can be played in an almost close-up environment? This baby is a winner. Gotta let it set in my mind a bit, but it looks like I'm gonna be getting this one. Any feedback?
I'm not confused... I just don't know yet.
Tophie
View Profile
Loyal user
261 Posts

Profile of Tophie
Does anyone know if this can be checked in luggage for air travel? Or will I have to ship it to the destination I am performing?

Thanks
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
Peterborough Ontario Canada
163 Posts

Profile of Mike McEathron
Winner all the way great comedy.

can you see the president of a bank with that puppy hanging around his neck

...too funny !

Thanks
brainman
View Profile
Special user
971 Posts

Profile of brainman
Lethal is GREAT! Workes very fine!
Thanks Bobby!!!!
Bobby Motta
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bobby Motta
Danny and Tophie,
Thanks for your inquiry.. Danny the knife has no flight, but that has never come into question since the cards are the perfect distraction. The DVD shows you how to perform this effect in detail with 3 different routines and all the subtleties to make Lethal a squeeky clean and fun effect.
Tophie, you won't be able have Lethal as a "Carry on" but you can send it through with your luggage or ATA case.

Mike and Brainman-- Thanks for the plug boys!

I got 3 left and ready to ship if your interested. Let me know.

Thanks again gentlemen!!

Bobby Motta
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Hey Bobby

If you happen to sell the 3 you have in stock what is the lead time on these.....oh yeah had a look at your web site the sock treatment what a great idea no need to lugg around "special" equipment ! what is the lead tim on this effect I don't know that I will adding any more to the show this year but maybe next just asking

Thanks for the great magic

Mike
Devils Magic
View Profile
New user
Connecticut, Florida, Hell
2 Posts

Profile of Devils Magic
Bobby...I definately have to thank yor this effect. This is one of my favorite routines to perform. I always get the best reactions from the audience with Lethal. I got booked to do a private party sometime back that paid almost double the cost of this effect itself which is funny because it was the one effect that that got me the gig in the first place. So thank you. The effect plays big for everyone including the volunteer who, I find most of the time, is the biggest fan of the effect. I even got a call from a friend last week telling me that they just saw Criss Angel perform this effect on his show but because he didn't have someone standing behind the boxes that the knife was thrown at...my version was better. I didn't have the heart to tell my friend that it really isn't "my" version but I took the credit with a nonchalant "thank you" anyways.
Bobby Motta
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bobby Motta
Devils Magic

I am so happy to hear that Lethal is working out for you which can only mean that you are a good perfomer! Keep it up and keep in touch.

b
trashmanf
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of trashmanf
It really is a great effect, even though my girlfriend has been bored of my myriad of card tricks I ply her with, when I described this one she said "now THAT sounds cool" :-D

it's prohibitively expensive for me but I still recognize the value of such a knock-out effect!
Bobby Motta
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bobby Motta
Hi Mike,
All 3 gone but the next batch will be ready by mid October on both Lethal and S.T. Also got another release coming towards the end of Oct...this one's gonna smoke!!!

b
Mike McEathron
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

I am going to send you an email through your web site.
Kevinr
View Profile
Inner circle
1854 Posts

Profile of Kevinr
I like in the video how this is played out in different places.. he even shows how he does it at a bar... Not bad.. Not sure if I would want to lug it around strolling like that.. But I bet the crowd gets involved in this one!
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
It is easy to see why Bobby is one of the busiest workers in Canada. This effect is tight and looks fantastic!

Jeremy
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
Irishghost
View Profile
Inner circle
www.gaffguy.com
1228 Posts

Profile of Irishghost
Never having met Bobby I can tell you that he is one of the busiest workers in Canada! His effects are field tested and are masterpieces! Has any magicians here ever been called up on stage? I was called up once for a chain through neck effect, the performer told my under his breath while hooking me up that of was a safe effect and that I will be alright! I am sure that you can do this as well? Also if you do Corp work the president of the company could be told ahead of time that everything is safe before the show and when you ask for a brave spec to come up for the effect he comes up and saves the day! This effect looks real magical and I know of two friends that have this. One hobbiest and on street performer, both are very happy with the effect! This will be added to my set real soon!!!

Regards,

Jeremy Hanrahan.
I get to gaff some cool stuff for some cool people
TheTableTopTrixta
View Profile
Special user
708 Posts

Profile of TheTableTopTrixta
Just thought I would pop in and post a few thoughts on this item, I received it a couple of months ago and have now road tested it on 3 occasions.

This effect is a sure fire audience killer, it is perfect for that big finish, it has so many elements of enjoyable magic.

I play it very much comedy yet serious and have crafted my own lines and its flows very well.

its just a joy to watch and perform

The feed back from the audience is always top draw it is always the one that leaves them talking

The Dvd - is produced in very high quality, Bobby seems like a great guy who really thinks about every aspect of his performance, it covers everything you need and teaches you every move

The prop - well expensive but a truely great prop which has been very well made, never fails (fingers crossed)

this is brilliant, is it expensive - Yes, is it worth the money, for the serious perfomer - yes without question.

Props to Bobby Motta and Jerry for the build

Regards

Ash
MagicMichealMan
View Profile
Veteran user
Vancouver Island, British Columbia
349 Posts

Profile of MagicMichealMan
What was the original price when this came out? I'm thinking of getting one, but why the raise in price?

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Bobby Motta's Lethal (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL