We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Can anyone Recommend... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gostone23
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of gostone23
A good dvd or set of dvd's as a companion to the Card College series?

Something to help a beginner work through learning card handling.

Thanks

r. meisch
gostone23
Ogre1234
View Profile
New user
Winnipeg, Canada
92 Posts

Profile of Ogre1234
Michael Ammar's Easy to Master Card Tricks series would be a great set to work with.

Werner
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I agree with Werner. You learn the sleights you need as you learn some great effects and that is my prefered way of learning magic. There are sleight collectors out there that get off just doing seventy types of double lifts but that isn't my bag.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Mike Ammar's "easy" To Master series ( 1-6) is one of the greatest values in magic. And these are not easy tricks. The secret is only a part of what you learn.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3144 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Are you looking for routines or something to help you with the sleights? Also, what's your budget?
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1452 Posts

Profile of jstone
Another vote for Ammar!
Merlin C
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of Merlin C
Alternatively, in Basic Card Technique, Richard Kaufman demonstrates a good selection of mostly basic moves; Jay Sankey shows moves (in his kinetic style) in the context of effects on Sleight-of-Hand Secrets with Cards; more wide-ranging, more expensive, and better taught than either is the 5-disc R. Paul Wilson on The Royal Road to Card Magic.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
855 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
Yet another vote for Mr.Ammar's series.

Excellent dvd's.

Good luck.

Gerry
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Can anyone Recommend... (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL