The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for a topit? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

smagic166
View Profile
New user
idaho
12 Posts

Profile of smagic166
I’m looking for plans to make a topit or snitch pocket but I can’t find any place to get them, does anyone know if there is a place to get them for free online or where I can buy a topit? Thanks, bye

christopher j hyde
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Both the Ammar and Cloutier Topit patterns are readily available from most dealers.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
kristel
View Profile
New user
Quebec, Canada
87 Posts

Profile of kristel
Hi fellow magicians,

I agree with GreatScott and if you could afford it get the Toppit videos from both of them it’s a must and you won’t regret your investment. If I remember the plans came with the video. Ask your magic dealer to be sure.

Andre Le Magicien

Excuse my french! Smile
Andre Le Magicien
Quebec Canada
Excuse my French...
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Michael Ammar’s Topit book comes with a pattern and complete instructions on how to modify your jacket to maximize the use of it.

I tend to use a pin-in Topit. It has no access from outside the jacket as does most built in versions.

I often simply use a black hair net! Yes you read right! It uses three safety pins to the jacket and two to the belt loops. It works fine. It rolls up into a very little ball when not in use.

I also have an old Patrick Page version (not made anymore). It is a fairly large, flat backed black cloth bag. The top edge has some kind of cloth stiffener and Velcro strips. It is pinned into the jacket with three or four safety pins that also has Velcro on them. The pins are put into place then the bag is attached via the Velcro. The bag is also pinned to the trousers at one point. The bag opening is so large that it is impossible to miss.

By the way Pat Page has an excellent Topit tape out. Great Stuff!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
The Transferable Topit isn't bad, but I feel it is WAY overpriced.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
smagic166
View Profile
New user
idaho
12 Posts

Profile of smagic166
Thanks guys. Do any of you know a web site where I can buy those plans?

If so, thanks, you have been really great and I’m glad to know you..well bye.Smile

christopher j hyde
Scott O.
View Profile
Inner circle
Midwest
1143 Posts

Profile of Scott O.
I've been trying to decide which toppit to purchase or "install". I looked at the Transferable Topit, and yes, it is very expensive. As I recall around $100.

Does anyone know the rough cost of having one installed in a coat? Also, which style do you prefer, and (most importantly) why? It seems like a great utility device, and it suits my style. I just don't want to invest a lot of money only to find out I should have done X instead of Y.

Scott O. Smile
Do not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time you will reap a harvest, if you do not give up. Galatians 6:9
Jrlove
View Profile
New user
San Diego, Ca
14 Posts

Profile of Jrlove
I have seen Jay Scott Berrys lecture and I think his is awesome. Try to email him for his lecture notes.. These are great...

His Topit is very nice.

JRLOVE

Its all an illusion
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Denny and Lees has the Plans for I think $3.00 and Patrick Page video for $15.00 and Ammar's videos for $80 with plans.

Denny and Lees

Smile
Dennis Michael
sclitsome
View Profile
New user
Jamaica's Alright
47 Posts

Profile of sclitsome
what is jay scott berry's e-mail?
Smile Smile Smile
malini
View Profile
Loyal user
219 Posts

Profile of malini
Jay is one of the best performers I have seen, and he has a great transferable topit.

http://www.jayscottberry.com
Prophet
View Profile
Regular user
Caledonia, NY
184 Posts

Profile of Prophet
I have a small side question on the topic of a topit. I bought Ammars topit with the 2 tapes and love the idea but have yet to have it installed. My Question is what should I expect to pay to have it instaled in my jacket? Just looking for a rough figure so I don't over pay. Any one know of any other jacket modifications?
:stout: (what no draught?)

Mike
Yours In Magic

Mike

Smile
If you are new to Magic check out my article
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462185&forum=41
Duct Tape is like the Force. It has a dark and a light side and holds the universe together.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
I cant say what to pay, I get a few items done at once, and dry cleaning etc, and so I guess I dont even know what I pay to just get one done.

But as for other mods;
1. you can consider a sleeve drop ala Pat Page, sew in. For dropping decks of cards etc into your palm.

2. And you can steal from the bottom edge of your jacket. I have my lining folded up inside along the bottom edge of my jackets to form a hidden area (I just realized how hard this is to describe...) but imagine that the lining is not attached to the jacket, but to another lining, and the result is that I have an area between the inside lining and the jacket proper, that a couple of inches high (high enough to clip a playing card sideways), is not seen from the outside or inside of the jacket but is available to snatch an item with my finger tips. I keep "lit appearing matches" there, and cards, and almost anything that is pretty flat under this lip. I use all kinds of pins and clips here (none permanetly attached) depending on the nature of the item to be hidden ad produced..

Lit matches suddenly displayed in both hands with a simple finger tip steal, and dramatic flourish is fun with this setup. Or you can easily steal up to about 10 cards from a spring clip under the lip.

I have done a bit where I put each of the four aces in different places around and can match a spectators choice of aces in a blink or simply produce them all form nowhere, one at a time.

I imagine that some of the old timers might have used this approach, but I have never read it anywhere, and it just makes sense. And today, wearing "normal looking" clothes, folks dont even guess that your clothes might be gimmicked - even magiicans are capable of being fooled by things like this.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
p.b.jones
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford Haven. Pembrokeshire wales U.K.
2642 Posts

Profile of p.b.jones
Hi,
I prefer Dushecks vest It is a topit on one side and has 3 pockets for steals (or you can alter the pockets to store your close up act) on the other side. the other advantage is that as this is a vest worn under your Jacket the wieght of the props/items tossed in the topit(or if you use ammar's bottle production) is taken around your neck and shoulders. No dragging the Jacket down.
Phillip
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
The hairnet idea is brilliant, thanx Mumblepeas.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Plans for a topit? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL