The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Folding 30" streamer for square circle production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Hi there. What is the best way to fold a 30" streamer to put it in a square circle ?
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Pleat fold.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Pleat or zig-zag fold works best for me. Leave the last part a little long and bead it for a "no look" grip. I prefer to have the folds beneath the beaded portion - but they can be loaded sideways carefully so as not to catch or tangle.

I use the same fold for Phantom tube but sometimes have to separate the pleats with a longer run between the "packets."
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
magicodine
View Profile
Loyal user
italy
202 Posts

Profile of magicodine
Thank you guys
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Take into consideration that you may want to have assisitants pull the streamer out, in that case you pleat it so that the ends are last and uppermost. You start the pleat doubled at the center.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2328 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Pleat fold as others have mentioned , but I question a 30" inch streamer . Did you mean 30" INCHES or
30' Ft. streamer ? Most Square Circles will easily hold a 30' Ft. streamer (and more) which makes a very impressive production.

If you're going to do a 30" inch streamer then just produce it from your bare hands using a hank ball or TT.
owln_1
View Profile
Loyal user
dallas /now live by tulsa
222 Posts

Profile of owln_1
I use a zig zag fold. I have some photos of me performing the Square Circle on Myspace.com
http://myspace.com/owln owln_1
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Folding 30" streamer for square circle production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL