The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brand new and don't have a clue (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
Julianna
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Julianna
Hi Mickey-

remember this link you sent me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00yi2kJDjOk

Angela, she is beautiful, and talented to.

jewels
scody
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of scody
Most people don't know it... but Angela is a dude Smile
Julianna
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Julianna
Hi Scody-

that's better than the 21 card trick I got fooled with before. this time I understand Smile

thought you were being serious

c ya guys tomorrow

jewels Smile
a brown 1968
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of a brown 1968
Hi Scody ,

I told J that the pictures would receive a certain response and to keep them coming, for it makes it easier to judge the character of the individual by how they respond to them .

Never crossed my mind that J was a fake but the information I have sent I would do so to any beginner if they asked in a similar manner.

Perhaps because I do have a couple of long term online friends who not only have brains and wit but are drop dead georgeous, I am less likely to think the worse.

Andy
Picard
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Picard
Super fun, this topic! Thanks "Julianna", whoever you are, for giving me such a good time reading through the cardmen's covertly helpful posts.
What definitely gave you away was the story with your dear uncle teaching you to memorize that sequence and all the guys were so full of praise for his method. They were so full of praise for everything you did or said, actually, especially some.
Oh well, I guess it wasn't a big sin to have a fantasy or two, eh dear cardMEN (who were so FOOLED by this topic)? Smile
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1259 Posts

Profile of splice
Isn't it nice to try to help only to be accused of inappropriate intentions?

Magicians helping magicians indeed.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It is truely a pity to see grown men slobber over a female impersonator.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Julianna
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Julianna
WOW, I can't believe this

is it that easy, you just write about someone and it becomes the truth! are you guys kidding me! spreading rumors can destroy a life. I know that and I am only 17 but it seems that I know more about feelings than you do. you guys are being worse than the kids I go to school with.

Robert- if you would've posted you might've been able to help me. and I'm sure the times have changed a lot since you were my age. just cause I'm young and blonde doesn't mean I should have restrictions on what I should or shouldn't like. or to be stereotyped by people like that. WHATS WRONG WITH ME BEING INTERESTED IN MAGIC?

I don't kknow any of you or ur stories, but I don't question it. I take everything at face value. theres no need for me to think any other way.

picard that doesn't make any sense to me, what did I definitely give away when I told the story of my uncle and memorizing cards? that's what he wanted me to do.

scody- I don't know why you think magicians are geeks, I sure don't!

you guys are making fun of me and also of the people that have helped me and taken an interest in my life. that's JUST NOT FAIR. who are you to decide for everyone whats right and wrong.

the only thing I can be blames for is a little innocent flirting. that's what 17 year olds do. its not like I'm looking for a date on here.

ive opened up and told my story pretty much everyday and some have seen interested so I kept going. if no one was interested I would've stopped

what have you guys achieved by saying these things about me?

Al- why would you even say that about the guys here. whos slobbering, they were just being helpful. female impersonator, I don't think so

I'll see what happens now after what youve said. I'll see who sticks around to help me. I don't know why the people that have helped me aren't sticking up for themselves.

just cause you think something doesn't make it true.

last question is - why would I be laughing at someone who is trying to help me. makes no sense!

oh yes, I was warned about things like this early on and didn't think much of it, until now.

I'm gonna see who sticks with me and the ones that are making fun of me are going to owe me a huge apology soon.

remember- you cant take back the words

jp
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
JP

Girl or guy, I agree that we should be here to help any who are looking for assistance. I did not post for a long time because I got "burned" when I first started visiting this site. I am VERY careful about my comments now and who I answer. There are some real a******s on this site who think they can "see" through computers and read your mind. They also think they are the Greatest magician alive and know ALL things magical.

Don't judge everyone by a few. Continue to ask your questions and enjoy your new interest. When a critic adds a comment, just ignore them like the rest of us do.

Magic-dabra
CamisBoss
View Profile
Regular user
128 Posts

Profile of CamisBoss
Julianna, it doesn't matter who you are, if you need help, we're here to help you. If you don't need help, and this is some stupid prank, then so be it. But come on guys, it shouldn't matter if it's a prank or not. Swallow your pride and help whoever Julianna might be.
Andrew H.
View Profile
Regular user
Elizabethton,TN
124 Posts

Profile of Andrew H.
I think it time every body backs off the girl!
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2008-08-10 18:05, garcia00 wrote:As a teacher, I would advise you to use the medium with which you learn best. A visual learner would benefit more from video or personal instruction.

Having been an instructor in Sleight of Hand for several decades, I would advise you not to take the above advice.

The solution for the accusations here is simple. Jewels, who is your uncle? It would seem from your posts that he knows about the Café, or at least magic on the internet and he seems knowledgeable enough to discuss things regarding magic. Identify him and/or have him contact someone here on the board.

In this way, you will not have to deal with some slobbering idiot trying to prove you aren't a girl.

And if I've missed the mark and you AREN'T a girl, congratulations for demonstrating that magicians are just as easy to fool as laymen.

The internet ain't the real world, folks, and those that assume it is are suckers.

Steven Youell
Blaque_Magik
View Profile
New user
Okinawa, Japan
79 Posts

Profile of Blaque_Magik
Wow, I must say if Juilanna is actually a guy, from just reading the past 6 pages I'd have to say he's pretty consistant with personality of a 17 year old girl. I really don't think anyone (except those guys on "to catch a predator) has reason to disguise themselves as an underage girl. Though, now that I think about it some of you guys seem like you'd be on that show. Better not go to her house! Chris Hanson is waiting!

But seriously, Give her a break. I believe her.

BM
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm baffled by these allagations and am equally curious as to what was said or done by her to start these rumors and why it should matter any way!

Here is a young lady that came to the Café less than a month ago openly admitting that she is brand new to magic, ready, willing and able to take guidance from those willing to offer. Those who supposedly believe in the premise of "Magicians helping magicians" (or at least that's what is spouted by many around here)! She states in an early post in the New Arrivals section that she is a HS student and says or does nothing to deceive to the contrary in any post I have read! Here is her intro post:

***I'm Julianna and I love magic among other things. I'm a H.S. student. My Uncle got me interested in magic because he was always showing me and my friends tricks and stuff but wouldn't show us how to do them. I hated him for that LOL!!! He said if I got serious about it he would help me, sssoooo, I'm serious! He pointed me to this website and gave me my first magic book to learn from.***

I've only been a member of the Café for a bit over a year but in that time I have seen several new folks come in here and ask for help. When given advise they argue and ignore! Then they buy all the DVD's from those cool magic sites and within 30 days they are asking us to give a critique of there latest effect, orig. sleights or notes from their last lecture! Julianna is a willing student! She comes here letting us know that she has some recommended text (which everyone pretty much agrees is good stuff) and she wants to start with page 1! She takes direction and reports on her progress and everyone has a grand ol time! UNTIL she puts up a avatar of herself and someone calls BS and now it's an inquest! I personally don't think that Julianna needs to justify herself to anyone, much less people who go by a "Forums persona".

Mick
snipes
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of snipes
This forum is full of so many idiots it's embarrassing, MickeyPainless you're absolutely correct.

To all the magicians out there who do follow the mantra of the website, "Magicians Helping Magicians" - I applaud you. Shame on the others who feel the need to start a conflict in every thread.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Hey Mick-- I don't believe or disbelieve jewels. But time and time again I've seen people on a forum pretend to be someone they're not. So I take everything with a grain of salt.

At the very least, jewels got an early education in the character of the majority of magicians.

And if she/he was pulling one over then those very same magicians got an insight into their own character.

For what it's worth, I sent her some stuff and have at least been answering questions.

SEY
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Mickey my friend, Julianna is as transparant as tissue paper.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Al,
The last time I checked, tissue paper was opaque! Thin yes, but opaque! Smile

Steven,
I recall you offering info so good on Julianna if she received some of the great stuff you've sent me in the past!

The older I get the more I yield to no harm, no foul while maintaining a forgive but never forget attitude! If this is a ruse, oh well, it didn't cost me a dime and only a few minutes of freely given time!

Mick
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
OK Translucent.
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Jewel's post have brought me back to a time when I was first getting into magic and how enthusiastic I was. I enjoy reading her posts and hope that she continues to keep us up to date.

I'll agree with one thing.
Whenever a female joins the Café the posts by men are much more numerous than when a new guy joins us.
Whether it's because they sincerely want to help the female in her magic or because they're a bunch of hornytoads I don't know and not sure it matters.

Good Luck J,
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brand new and don't have a clue (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL