The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wayne Dobson trick (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Where can I find the version of 5 card repeat that wayne D performed at this show.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAWi15MAOmo

Is this something from one of his books or is it an effect sold by some one else? If no one knows can some one suggest a good 5 card repeat trick?

ATG
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Really? Nothing.

No fun.
ATG
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
I laughed till my eyes watered. His act is a perfect example of focusing on entertaining the audience and letting the assistants be the stars of the show. He does not even have to use a good magic trick and he didn't.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Im glad you liked it. I would still love a good refrence for a solid 5 card repeat trick.

ATG
Tom Bartlett
View Profile
Special user
Our southern border could use
763 Posts

Profile of Tom Bartlett
You would have better luck posting this in the Pick a card...any card section.

The last part of his act was so good, I totally forgot about the other part of his act including the card trick.
Our friends don't have to agree with me about everything and some that I hold very dear don't have to agree about anything, except where we are going to meet them for dinner.
JohntheMagician
View Profile
Regular user
Mechanicsburg, PA
157 Posts

Profile of JohntheMagician
Wayne is a great and I mean GREAT Magician. I find all of his work funny and very entertaing. Read his book WD40 and check out his dvd's they are loaded with stuff. I use his tossed out deck, simple and to the point.
“The hard must become habit. The habit must become easy. The easy must become beautiful.” ~ Doug Henning
<BR>____________________________________________
<BR>WWW.ILLUSIONDELUSION.COM
tboehnlein
View Profile
Inner circle
ohio
1787 Posts

Profile of tboehnlein
Check out david williamsons book williamson's wonder for a great 6 card repeat.
bluemagic
View Profile
Loyal user
271 Posts

Profile of bluemagic
Check this out.
augiemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Overland Park, KS
162 Posts

Profile of augiemagic
Tarbell vol.3 and vol. 6 both have versions (I think, not sure about 6 but 3 definitely does), Mark Wilson's Complete Course has a version, the Williamson Book, Elmsley book has one, all I can think of off the top of my head.

I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones I own currently that I've seen it in (I've been working on the effect a bit lately).

Bill Abbott has a marketed version that's great for the presentational hook. Called the 5 card opener. The method isn't great for street (requires a reset that can take up a bit of time). I've adapted the ideas for the presentational hook to another routine I do as my opener for smaller shows.

That should be enough to get you started.
augiemagic
View Profile
Regular user
Overland Park, KS
162 Posts

Profile of augiemagic
Just noticed that this thread is 6 years old. Oops.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
Augiemagic, doesn't matter that the thread is old, in one sense. At the time the discussion was important, then it faded away. But a good thing once a thread becomes old is that by someone reviving it by adding a new post, people who go to the site and look up "new posts" will find it. That can lead to a revival of interest in the topic, and bring in new ideas.
The presentation makes the magic.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Wayne Dobson trick (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL