The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemy resources (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Covernton
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of Covernton
Does anyone know any resources for supposed scientific experiments carried out in the name of alchemy? All I can find is anecdotal or "magic" based accounts. I'm looking for things like specific terms and jargon that have fallen out of use on the subject.
Any help is appreciated.

Tx

-Covernton
FrankStone
View Profile
New user
South Africa/Taiwan
74 Posts

Profile of FrankStone
Have you had a look at this site?

http://www.levity.com/alchemy/home.html

I think you will find what you are looking for on this vast website.
Covernton
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver
124 Posts

Profile of Covernton
I have the place bookmarked but I'm afraid I wasn't able to find a sort of beginners guide on the site. The information there goes a little over my head as it seems to take for granted that you already know certain things about alchemy which I apparently do not =) But it's a big site and I've yet to fully meander through it looking for an introductory passage of sorts.
TX

-Covernton
Reg Rozee
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, Canada
592 Posts

Profile of Reg Rozee
In the alchemy section of "The Magician's Companion" by Bill Whitcomb he mentions "The Alchemist's Handbook" by Frater Albertus for people who want to pursue the study seriously. The reviews rate it quite highly on Amazon (it may be hundred's of years old, but it's still available!). They do mention, however, that it concentrates mostly on the herbal side and very little on the mineral side. I have not seen the book myself, although now I am interested in seeking it out.

-bigwolf {*}
Reality is what doesn't go away when you stop believing in it. -Phillip K. Dick

Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes? -Chico Marx
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
Go to the alchemy section at: http://www.sacred-texts.com/index.htm
there is enough material here to last you for quite a while... It includes full texts of books written as early as the 1300's. The reading is a bit dry and you have to wade through it but nothing worth having is easy. Good luck.
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Alchemy resources (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL