We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Refunds on Rope DVD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
The niggles are solved. I had replicated from a bad master, (only one segment had pixelation). Now the problem is solved. And, it wasn't on every DVD. The last batches have all been clean.
----------
I will be replicating with a video firm in early September.
--------------
Meanwhile, I will be having the client ship me back all of the pieces and DVD's and giving him a full refund. The guy claims that the replacement I sent was blank??
I gotta tell you, I viewed it, took it out of the machine and send it out.. so I have to see this. I will refund if it is the case and get rid of the client.
I have had six sales since then and none have had a glitch or a problem.
-
Thanks again for all of your comments. The work and info on the DVD is something I worked hard on.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Gordyboy
View Profile
Loyal user
British Columbia, Canada
216 Posts

Profile of Gordyboy
Ian, I have purchased a couple of things from you, including the Dances with Ropes version you had a number of months back. I have found you to be so much more generous and helpful than anyone else I have ever dealt with. If I were disappointed with the method it wouldn't be your fault and I would give it away, sell it, or just put in in the drawer with all the "others".

Your hard work and ethical treatment of customers is something I appreciate. I'm torn between telling everyone else in our club about your products or keeping them as secret as I can ;-)
The Great Gordini

http://www.MagicCanada.ca
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Ian,

I would inform the person that you're NOT selling "tricks" but are selling "secrets" and once they know the secret, it cannot be returned. How does one return a secret?????
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2008-08-15 19:02, lylemagic wrote:
Ian,

I would inform the person that you're NOT selling "tricks" but are selling "secrets" and once they know the secret, it cannot be returned. How does one return a secret?????

Normally I would agree Lyle, but the Café is a community where the word of the customer has more weight than the normal complaint. Especially, when I am just out of the test market and ready to go National with the DVD. I had to (at first) take the buyer at truth value. Then upon listening more and more, there were discrepancies in his comments.
I wrote a book one time, called the "Liars Handbook" with one chapter devoted to "listening to the liar". When the guy first stated that he couldn't play the DVD, I had to believe him, then he added later that he thought the method was described incorrectly. At any time, I could have said, no returns, partial or otherwise. So, I decided to turn the deal around and get some mileage out of it in this thread. The feedback and support and comment is actually worth the price of the refund.
Excerpts from my Liars book are on my website http://www.Liars.ws , not related to magic, but more consumerism and closing stories. The whole book will eventually be online.
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
Ian...

If certain neophite magicians (?} don't recognize that you are a Magician's Magician, a genius (I truly believe this) and a very nice, generous person then they don't deserve the pleasure of your company and attention. This person should realize that they should be honored by the fact that you are willing to share your wonderful inventions with the magic community.

The fact that this relationship 'bothers you' from the standpoint of ethics and conscience shows what kind of person you are.

On the other hand, this type of person, and many are out there, has probably copied the DVD and now would like to return it,ultimately getting a Freebee.

My suggestion would be to offer to refund his purchase price upon return of the DVD. Make note of who he is and refuse to ever deal with him in the future.

This guy is either very ignorant
(ig·no·rance n.
The condition of being uneducated, unaware, or uninformed.)

or a jerk

or BOTH!
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
I had him return the original and the replacement and also the ropes I included.
I refunded him the full price of the purchase and will do exactly what you suggest.
I would have done it earlier had he not questioned the "content", which I took personally. He backed off when he realized I wasn't a vendor of the effect but the creator of the effect.
My conscience is clear and he is on my list.
Thanks,
Magic ian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Refunds on Rope DVD? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL