The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Vision Exposed ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
I'm gone for a few days .. and no one is picking up the slack??

I just saw a clip online of America's Got Talent and sure enough Shadow Vision is exposed for all to see. Of all the illusions out there .. this is a very complicated one to pull off. A very bad choice for performing it your very first time .. on national TV no less.

David is a nice guy .. but, he was obviously not prepared for this. This is a fine example to go with what it tried and true .. especially in this type of situation.

We all look like a bunch of goofs when this type of thing happens.

Steve
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
Care to share the link
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mAFj2jwr6A

If seen guys mess up badly and save themselves really well, but man, that was just horrible.
-Matt
Christopher Starr
View Profile
Inner circle
Heart of America
1851 Posts

Profile of Christopher Starr
Cutting Edge Magic...

Very sad when a rarely seen & unique illusion is thrown away on national TV. How many times have I read about how unfair the masked magician has been, and then we have people like this who do the same thing because of their lack of rehearsal and preparation. I am reasonably certain that David Martin does not own the Shadow Vision in question, and that makes it even sadder, that someone placed their trust in him to present the illusion without exposing it.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1723 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
No comment !
Irish_matt
View Profile
Loyal user
St.Louis, MO
202 Posts

Profile of Irish_matt
It's sad to see such a lack of preparation... by the time the reveal happened the illusion had already been horribly performed and exposed....

Sad.... and I love this illusion as well...
SillverFoxx
View Profile
Loyal user
A Foxx in Her Soxx has...
224 Posts

Profile of SillverFoxx
What are you guys talking about? 'The trick did not have any backfires whatsoever and what [they] did was throw some curve balls in there to challenge the imagination, but there were no mistakes made. Whatsoever.'
:bigsmile:
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
HA ha my sides are splitting.
Wade Live
View Profile
Veteran user
Earth
322 Posts

Profile of Wade Live
The girl in the prop is Criss Angels assistant.... She performs the switch in his metamorphosis illusion.
estone
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of estone
It was bad.
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
There is some suspicion in my mind as to the exposure or strategic "curve balls" possibly being a AGT spin. Anyone think the same or different?
Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Personally, I think that when you're not well rehearsed and not ready, you should only perform in your living room! Just as simple as that! He looked stupid. End of the story. No, I mean NO excuse! Before you go on National TV, prepare and be ready as hell! That guy's carreer is over.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2008-08-13 14:37, Wade Live wrote:
The girl in the prop is Criss Angels assistant.... She performs the switch in his metamorphosis illusion.

David himself had an appearance reminiscent of Criss Angel.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
To me, he looks exactly like Michael Jackson or even his little sister Janet...Could someone tell this guy to leave magic? Please...
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1794 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
I think if I were the illusionist who performed the effect on the show I would have tried to negotiate a settlement so it wouldn't have aired. Maybe he did try.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Wade says...."The girl in the prop is Criss Angels assistant"

Maybe that is why his (Criss's) show is so heavily edited!!!

B
Chezaday
View Profile
Inner circle
Naperville, IL
1670 Posts

Profile of Chezaday
At first glance, I thought it was the same chick that worked with Criss. I'm sure Sperry could tell us a bit more .. but, he got banned from the Café again.

Obviously this prop was simply rented while the show was taping in Vegas. I'd be 99% sure it's the very same one sitting on the Magic Auction. There were only a few of this illusion ever built. Sigfried & Roy featured it in there show at the Mirage.

Most viewers won't even remember what happened .. they just know it got messed up.

Steve
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Besides the obvious from above another thought is this illusion should not be filmed in an uncontrollable filming environment.

another example from someone completely different.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOqzNA03DNI
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Concerning the assistant:
Her name is Melanie
she worked for Criss Angel for many years (in his live shows and she can been seen levitating in Fremont street and doing his lightning fast sub trunk) she was also a dancer in the worlds greatest magic show in Vegas and has worked with many magicians.
She's a great girl (I went on a date with her a couple of times Smile )and she's a great dancer/'box jumper' but clearly this illusion was not well enough rehearsed!

Ps: Steve, I think the one on magicauction belongs to Lawrence Khong. (so this must be another one...)
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1603 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
What got me was how he was able to look right in the camera and lie like a rug....with a smile even.

P.S. Dan got banned?? WHAT WHAT WHAAAAAAT???!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Vision Exposed ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL