The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Vision Exposed ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
869 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Steve I think someone posted this before but the link was different.

http://www.dailymotion.com/search/magic/......ty_music

Sadly is it all over the net now.
Lance Richardson
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Lance Richardson
I am with Sean on this, there is something not right with the way it all went down. Knowing what I know about the show I don’t trust anything that has to do with the so called competition. The show is staged for ratings and nothing more.

One more point, this was from a friend. If we take David Martin at his word and the exposure was part of the routine shouldn’t he be shunned by the magic community?

Lance
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
OK, let me restate my statement......Does anyone here suspect the AGT producers told Martin to blow the illusion??? Where has this happened before? Doesn't that make for better TV than just dismissing him? If that camera shot had any larger crosshairs, you would see Valentino standing in the wings. C'mon guys, stop responding to this like lay people and think, or are we the easiest to fool.
Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
reedrc
View Profile
Inner circle
1351 Posts

Profile of reedrc
Look at the video - its obvious the illusion had not ben practiced much. This is just a perfect example of practice makes perfect. The whole thing was not done well, choreography was non existent,
(look at placing in the feet shackle area) I'd almost wonder if this girl had ever BEEN in this prop before.
It seems most definitely just sloppy performance & rushed or inexperience on dancer(s) and performer.
I'd say just more : what are lessons to be learned: PRACTICE MATERIAL to be performed on TV, use SUITABLE material to do in non controlled camera or stage environments. If one borrows a prop - learn its in and outs - practice to perfection if one does not have the time . . . don't DO IT. Seems simple but its different when pressed into a situation / being on TV and what not. Does not seem like some conspiracy though to expose anything . . Just my thought. .
Kind Regards

Ryan C. Reed
Founder, Illusion Entertainment

designer, director, theatrical consultant, digital wizard, magic impresario, wonder aficionado, Illusioneer & dream architect.

Instagram
Facebook
SeanScottMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of SeanScottMagic
Let's see, in the past three years of AGT we've had accomplished pro magicians pretending to be amateurs, rapping grandmothers, pencil breaking buttocks, lousy singers, bad dove acts, a girl grinding a piece of steel on her crotch, etc., that all managed to make it to "finals". Conspiracy? The show isn't worried about conspiracies, it's worried about rat***s!! There, we all should now take a deep breath and inhale the Hoff's cheeseburger.
Sean
http://WWW.THEARTOFSEANSCOTT.COM
AVAILABLE EFFECTS:

ROAMING
RISE
RENDER
MODOSU
FACTORY LINE
BANDARIZUMU
KI
MXL
Jazz
View Profile
Veteran user
Mexico City
377 Posts

Profile of Jazz
That was just painful to watch.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Ryan,

I agree with what you are saying (the shackle was not closed, and the girl had difficulty getting in the prop), but if this was not David's prop, then the person who lent/rented it out is just as guilty in my opinion!
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
mgcmal
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of mgcmal
Seeing only a few have been made, it should not be to hard to figure out who owns it. I think we should bring back tar and feathering. That would make for some good T.V.
vj022
View Profile
Regular user
170 Posts

Profile of vj022
Sean,

I have to disagree with you that the producers set it up to reveal it. I'm sure every one of us has had a trick go bad one way or another. I've blown cards tricks, but the best recovery is trying to explain it to make it look like a0 you didn't screw up and b) insult the intelligence of the audience, which I think Dvavid did unintenionally. He shouldn't have said that it was supposed to appear like her body appeared then.

Just curious, do you think this will appear on volume 3 of World's worst Magicians???
61magic
View Profile
Special user
Sacramento California
760 Posts

Profile of 61magic
AGT is trash tv and magicians should avoid it...
Professor J. P. Fawkes
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
It doesn't matter if the illusion was purchased or rented. You can't blame the seller or renter. Ultimately it is the performers responsibility to perform the illusion correctly.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
I once saw the head roll out of a lady without a middle in an amusement park show....but this one beats any ive seen. That is plain and simple lack of rehearsal all the way around.

..and he should have kept quiet.
andyleeroy
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of andyleeroy
That is bad...i already get this illusion last week and very happy about it! so sad that this is to see in a big tv show.and only the half of the effect!?
JulianVictor
View Profile
Regular user
148 Posts

Profile of JulianVictor
This is Magic's worst nightmare, the fact that anyone can just buy/rent an illusion and perform it to millions expose it as a mistake or a PR stunt for AGT.

And now forever that illusion will remain in peoples mind as that guy from AGT that was terrible and exposed it when you saw the black sheet come down.

When really its a wonderful piece of work which when done correctly is absolutly amazing.

2p
Rich B.
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
632 Posts

Profile of Rich B.
I read on another forum that this was just Davids rehearsal...which went bad. The actual performance for the show went great...according to David. AGT decided to show the botched rehearsal and make it look like his actual performance. It was also mentioned that the creative editing of AGT of David and some other performers was written up in August's edition of Genii or Magic magazine.

Honestly, I was not familiar with this illusion. After watching Davids botched attempt on AGT, I couldn't believe anyone would perform this thing. I thought I knew what the basic effect was supposed to be even with the exposure...and was not impressed with the illusion itself.

When I saw the second version that was posted on this thread which was excellent, I now see how far off David's performance really was. This was a very convincing and fun illusion to watch...when performed correctly.

Did anyone else read about the editing on this particular performer?

Rich B.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
This wasn't just the rehearsal!
This was the actual performance in front of the judges.
Seems that David is good in twisting the reality...
Keith Jozsef
View Profile
Loyal user
212 Posts

Profile of Keith Jozsef
The late, great Channing Pollock used to say, "You can judge a magician by how well he covers his mistakes."

I rest my case.

Keith Jozsef
jynx
View Profile
Loyal user
Pueblo, Colorado
242 Posts

Profile of jynx
Quote:
On 2008-08-13 14:37, Wade Live wrote:
The girl in the prop is Criss Angels assistant.... She performs the switch in his metamorphosis illusion.

I knew I couldn't have been the only one who noticed that. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't she the same girl who he made levitate on Fremont street also?
Rainbow1234
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of Rainbow1234
I have been performing the Shadow Vision illuision for many years. It is probalby the most technically challenging illusion for the assistants to perform, as they are working blind from each other and have to be synced perfectly. In David's defense, the illusion was rehearsed or he could never have even performed it to the level that it was. But I would never perform this in such a high profile situation, unless my assistants were well seasoned in this illusion.

I will say that when performed properly, this is a very strong visual piece.
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
Quote:
On 2008-08-14 01:01, videokideo wrote:
I once saw the head roll out of a lady without a middle in an amusement park show.

That error could have made for an even better illusion if it was handled well!
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
http://www.magicnook.com/magicbob
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Shadow Vision Exposed ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL