The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Connectcitut New York City (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Out of Curiosity who here is from Connecticut or New York City (Westchester county, whit plains, Rockland also can be included basically ht eparts close to Connecticut).

I for one am from Fairfield County,
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I miss NYC. I'm not stupid enough to think I can live there, but I miss it.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
You probably wouldn't have been mugged in NYC.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
cardone
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of cardone
NYC ....Queens ......
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-08-19 11:42, Doug Higley wrote:
You probably wouldn't have been mugged in NYC.

Got close twice. Once, my roomate and I were walking a friend's dog (sweet Labrador) when a group of kids came across the street and spread out around us, one saying; "Hey dude! Got a light?" My roomate, thinking fast yanked on the chain to the dog (we were behind parked cars) so that as we came out from around the cars, they saw this dog snarling and snapping. My friend calmly said; "No, sorry." And the guy responded; "That's OK, I don't smoke anyway!" And they ran.

Second time was going to a film festival in Central Park when I was accosted by a group of kids on bikes wanting to know where I was going and what was in my knapsack (snacks for the movies) Before I could say anything a group of businessmen came out of the Zoo and the kids took off.

Two other stories, where I don't think I was in direct danger; I went to the checkout line at my local supermarket to find three guys there with guns; "Everyone is going to go in the back, and the manager and I are going to the office." We went in the back, the guys robbed the safe with no injuries or loss of life. I hate to say it, but they were professional about it.

My favorite story; Walking up Third Ave when a guy in the doorway of the drugstore says; "Psssst. C'mere." Me and my wife pretty much said; "Um, no thanks." and the guy responded; "No, you don't understand, (gesturing to our right) over THERE!" And there was a guy (turned out to be a cop) crouched down behind a parked car with a drawn gun! Seems the cops are run an armed suspect into the buildings across the street and this guy was watching the building to see if he came out that way while the backup searched the building. (I assume they had someone on the other entrance as well, but you never know, it WAS New York!)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
JOEMAGICMAN
View Profile
New user
New York
11 Posts

Profile of JOEMAGICMAN
I'm in Queens NYC also. Cardone I saw you perform at Rogue's show on 44st. You were great and very entertaining. I was the guy who picked the card for your money talks routine in the front row.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
I may abode in Long Beach California, but I am from Greenwich Village New York City. I still cheer for the new york Mets. I am a new Yorker, and I will always be a New Yorker!

Note: I left New York in 1987 The last time I had any trouble (violence, theft etc.) was in the early 70's and that was High school garbage.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
East village or West village?
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
187 Posts

Profile of R.S.
I'm a life-long Connecticutian!

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Justin, if you were asking me...

East up till age 12
West 13 to 26
Magic is like Science,
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2008-09-03 19:13, Cliffg37 wrote:
Justin, if you were asking me...

East up till age 12
West 13 to 26

Yes. I lived with my brother on St Marks Place for a while. He's been there since the 70's.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 22:17, JOEMAGICMAN wrote:
I'm in Queens NYC also. Cardone I saw you perform at Rogue's show on 44st. You were great and very entertaining. I was the guy who picked the card for your money talks routine in the front row.

Dude! I lived in Ridgewood for a short while. One of my least favorite memories is the paper box factory down the block burned down. The destruction didn't effect me, except all the roaches moved out into the houses in the area... and a lot of them seemed to like my house! Turn on the light and the line from "Raiders of the Lost Ark" came to mind; "Indy, why does the floor move?"

There was a song back in the 80s called "Rumors." Dr. Demento found a parody called "Roaches." Can't find it. Shoot!
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-09-04 16:43, ed rhodes wrote:
There was a song back in the 80s called "Rumors." Dr. Demento found a parody called "Roaches." Can't find it. Shoot!

I remember it. Bobby Jimmy and the Critters

How did roaches get started
Started by dirty people and
They was nasty, sleazy, sloppy
They house they never clean it

Roaches have big families
Your house they think they own
I tried to kill one on the couch
Using my telephone

Can't remember anymore. Type that in a search engine and I bet you'll find something.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2491 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
We were probably there at the same time

Rock on!
Magic is like Science,
Lambertmoon
View Profile
Loyal user
240 Posts

Profile of Lambertmoon
I live up in Dutchess County now but lived in Queens my first 30 years.

Flushing/Bayside/& College Point. Worked in Manhattan for 20 yrs.

It beats Dutchess County.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-09-04 16:59, Vandy Grift wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-09-04 16:43, ed rhodes wrote:

I remember it. Bobby Jimmy and the Critters

How did roaches get started
Started by dirty people and
They was nasty, sleazy, sloppy
They house they never clean it

Roaches have big families
Your house they think they own
I tried to kill one on the couch
Using my telephone

Can't remember anymore. Type that in a search engine and I bet you'll find something.

That was the one! Dr. Demento had a video of it on his MTV special!
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
NYC, Queens.

Part of the year.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Special user
I got banned for one of my
555 Posts

Profile of MAKMagic
CT Here. Live in Hartford county.
.:Michael Kelley
On the Level, By the Square
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
"Get up at night, turn on the light and see the floor show!"

Another line from "Roaches" which as I remember is a parody of a real song called "Rumors."
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I used to live in Fairfield County (Bridgeport) but moved to New Haven County (Naugy) 4 years ago.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Connectcitut New York City (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL