The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda Restaurant Reset? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
I am wondering how you could reset Scotch and Soda in a restaurant environment. I don't want to carry around a bang ring and use it every table or two.
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
You need the bang ring, or you need to get a magnetic S&S.
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Are you serious?
Wes65
View Profile
Inner circle
I've said very little in
1219 Posts

Profile of Wes65
You need a bang ring....but you don't need to bang it. Just a little pressure on the top of the coin will release it.....you can do that in your pocket.
Wes
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
There are also some "lever action" versions still around. You'd press on a certain spot around the rim with a finger/thumbnail, and it would pop up. I use the bang ring in walk-around for reset. Takes all of five seconds to completely reset, and I don't even have to look as I'm doing it.

Steve
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
Quote:
On 2008-08-14 16:15, Wes65 wrote:
You need a bang ring....but you don't need to bang it. Just a little pressure on the top of the coin will release it.....you can do that in your pocket.

I keep my coins in the Pro Carrier by Joshua Jay. Any ideas?

Quote:
On 2008-08-14 16:28, Stevethomas wrote:
There are also some "lever action" versions still around. You'd press on a certain spot around the rim with a finger/thumbnail, and it would pop up. I use the bang ring in walk-around for reset. Takes all of five seconds to completely reset, and I don't even have to look as I'm doing it.

Steve

Do you think I could get away with this in a restaurant setting?
tedski
View Profile
Special user
New Jersey
792 Posts

Profile of tedski
Perform a non-gimmicked version....
BenSalinas
View Profile
Special user
Coinoscenti
746 Posts

Profile of BenSalinas
Years ago, Bob Elliott gave me a magnetic set, and I've never looked back since. My bang ring is happily gathering dust in the back of my closet with my packet tricks. Definitely worth the investment if you perform it often, AND there are a lot more cool things you can do with the magnetic set.

Ben S
Modern Coin Magic 4-DVD set
Your Friendly Neighborhood Coin Flinger

www.SalinasMagic.com

The Modern Coin Magic blog
www.ModernCoinMagic.com
Matt Richman
View Profile
New user
PA
81 Posts

Profile of Matt Richman
How long is the reset for the magnetic version?
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Comes out easy with a shake...about a second or two.
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Well, I've been performing S&S for almost 40 years now and can reset it in about 5 seconds without looking at it.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Scotch and Soda Restaurant Reset? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL