The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Does Anyone Use Lovebirds? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew E. Miller
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1428 Posts

Profile of Andrew E. Miller
I have been thinking about birds for stage lately and was wondering if Lovebirds are any good to use. When looking at them, they are fairly big and can be seen easily and they are nicely colored. I thought about parakeets, but they seem to small. Doves I just don't like because they are retarded looking. Are Lovebirds any good?

Andrew
If you get bored go to www.a-miller.idz.net and watch some magic.

-Andrew
BenSchwartz
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
499 Posts

Profile of BenSchwartz
Lovebirds SUCK, they are WAY too loud, louder than parakeets, they bite REALLY hard too. Parakeets are really annoying, doves are ugly but are the perfect bird— they are quiet, beautiful (in most people's eyes) and just seem magical. That's why I use parakeets Smile ... I just want a challenge.
"The experience of astonishment is the experience of a clear, primal state of mind that they associate with a child's state of mind." ---- Paul Harris
PyroJeffNic
View Profile
Regular user
Alberta, Canada
161 Posts

Profile of PyroJeffNic
I was thinkin about it too Andrew. I had a killer idea but that has long past.
Lovebirds are loud, small and take out chunks of skin when they do bite. My suggestion is to buy 1 at a time and train it. Have a differant cage (not pairs) for each one because if they don't have a mate and you spend time with them, (i know this sounds stupid but) they will bond to you.
Another thing is to get them handfed. If they are parent fed they will lack the experience of being held and all that.
retrostylemagic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Does Anyone Use Lovebirds? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL