The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Precognition Video Prediction System DVD by Martin Lewis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Max Maven gives endorsement to this one.

Should be pretty good.

Add from Hocus pocus :

Precognition: Clairvoyance relating to an event or state not yet experienced. In this case to foretell a video event before it occurs.

A spectator chooses one of six discs and places it into a DVD player. They then choose an episode on that disc, then a chapter from that episode. Before they hit the play button you describe a scene in detail. They then play their selection and it matches your description perfectly.

The discs can be checked both before and after, all the episodes and chapters are different. The effect plays in almost any venue, from a TV set in a living room to a full size auditorium. If the theater has multimedia capabilities the effect plays huge.

"The roots of this idea go back 400 years - but Martin Lewis has yanked it into the 21st century. It was worth the wait." -- Max Maven

PLEASE NOTE: This product is compatible with most DVD players, however there may be some off brand, or older machines, with which it is not compatible. Please check first.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I don't see how it's a precognition/clairvoyance/prediction effect if they have to make all the decisions before you can reveal anything.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18028 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yea ... What he said!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1488 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
I suppose that it's because reel magic does not exist!!!

It's all in the wording and presentation I guess.

Quote:
On 2008-08-14 19:58, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I don't see how it's a precognition/clairvoyance/prediction effect if they have to make all the decisions before you can reveal anything.
Daniel Nicholls
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
390 Posts

Profile of Daniel Nicholls
Do they openly say the selections out loud or can they write them down? Whats the point if they have to tell you. You may as well just use a crib sheet and your own DVD collection surely? Mmmmm wait a second.....
Close your eyes. Open your senses.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
If it's from Martin Lewis, it's bound to be good.

Robert
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Daniel I think the way it goes is they choose a dvd, put it in the dvd player, then use the dvd remote to select a certain episode and then a certain chapter. He's basically getting it ready to watch. He's doing it all on the tv. It's like a digital book test.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2482 Posts

Profile of Robert M
That's right. The spectator selects the episode and chapter from 6 different DVDs. The prediction is made before the DVD is inserted in the player.

My only gripe about this is... Bonanza. I used to watch it when I was a kid. But, I wish Martin would have picked some other series that's in the public domain. I guess Twilight Zone wasn't available.

Robert
Martin_Lewis
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Martin_Lewis
You need no prior information from the spectator for Precognition. If you wish you can send them a sealed letter with your precognitive knowledge written inside a week ahead.

Bonanza is the best series that I can find, in the public domain, that fulfills the requirements for my effect. Most people have seen or heard of Bonanza - it is still being shown on TVLand, but nobody recalls actual episode titles and events. A key ingredient in the method. I would love to use Twilight Zone or Star Trek but they are not available without paying huge fees and royalities.

I also like Bonanza because it looks really innocent, like something you will find in a megamart discount bin, I even have a flourecent Walmart price sticker on mine.

Use presentation to get around having to use this specific set, for example as you hand them the disk set say, "I had a precognition that I would be handing you a collection of Bonanza episodes tonight." Gets a chuckle and sets things up...

Or have a stack of different series and equivoke this one, whatever...

Hope that clears some questions up.

Martin
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I know this is an old thread but I am planning a vist to Alakasam wk end and I am getting a list together of what I might purchase and this looks good,anymore upto date reveiw's?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1986 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I think things have moved on within the last 5 Years

Fact that we have not got one review posted says a lot !
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2013-01-24 13:41, JackMagic wrote:
I think things have moved on within the last 5 Years

Fact that we have not got one review posted says a lot !

Arh make you right there,lol,think I will leave this one.
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1266 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
In a quick email, a friend told me he got this and he said it's actually pretty good, which makes sense because Martin Lewis has an exemplary track record of inventions and routining. I hope to get more info on it this weekend.

A lack of reviews isn't always a defining moment. I think the issue is one of opportunity: Most performers don't have a DVD player and monitor/TV at their venue, so there probably weren't hundreds of these sold.

Maybe this would be something you'd present for friends/family at home. And you could always ask Mr. Lewis about it via the email address at his site.

I see it's still available at:

http://www.magikraft.com/category/Stage-Magic-2

- Steve H
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
Penguin Magic now has it for about $10

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S10705
- Ryan
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
I just picked this up. It is very clever! I can see a lot of applications for stage or close-up. I would love to incorporate this same idea into other DVDs. Reminds me of a trick in the old Penn and Teller game : Smoke and Mirrors.
- Ryan
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Does the spectator just name the selections out loud or are they written down. If they just say out loud a DVD a chapter etc it would not be so good imo
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
They can literally pick any disk and any chapter, whether you see it or not. It always ends up being a scene that matches the prediction. You don't even have to be anywhere near the DVD player. You could just give someone the remote and let them click what they want. You can use the dialogue in the scene as your prediction.

The nice part is that anybody can pick a DVD to test out beforehand and it will all test out as legitimate, no matter what chapter they click. Then, the participant can pick a disk and scene, match up with the prediction and then still click on other scenes to prove they are different.

Martin has covered pretty much any hole that the audience might question.
- Ryan
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Thanks for taking the time to reply.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Can this be done over the phone?

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Jan 16, 2015, conrad3000 wrote:
They can literally pick any disk and any chapter, whether you see it or not. It always ends up being a scene that matches the prediction. You don't even have to be anywhere near the DVD player. You could just give someone the remote and let them click what they want. You can use the dialogue in the scene as your prediction.

The nice part is that anybody can pick a DVD to test out beforehand and it will all test out as legitimate, no matter what chapter they click. Then, the participant can pick a disk and scene, match up with the prediction and then still click on other scenes to prove they are different.

Martin has covered pretty much any hole that the audience might question.
conrad3000
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of conrad3000
Yes. You wouldn't want to mail someone the DVD though as they would find something fishy with it if they were allowed to poke around much on their own. if you had a volunteer on stage call someone it would work .
- Ryan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Precognition Video Prediction System DVD by Martin Lewis (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL