The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The New TRANCE-formations. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
I thought TRANCE-formations, long since out of print and often commanding silly prices, would one day see a re-issue. Whilst not quite that, Richard Bandler is soon publishing a ‘Guide to TRANCE-formation: Hypnosis for Everybody’ with taglines such as ‘Read other people’s minds’ and with a description that here ‘…he returns to his roots: hypnotic phenomena, trancework, and altered states to provide a highly compelling prescription for personal change. According to Bandler, "trance" is at the very foundation of human experience. People are not simply in or out of trance, but are moving from one trance to another. They have their work trances, their relationship trances, their driving trances, and their parenting trances. Some of these states are useful and appropriate; others are not. With his signature wit and contrarian approach to therapy, Bandler shows how anyone can reset or reprogram problem behaviors to desired alternatives, with lasting and life-altering results. Peppered with case studies and more than thirty exercises, Richard Bandler's Guide to TRANCE-formation, is an intriguing, engaging, and often amusing, read for anyone, whether they are new to NLP, want to further their NLP training, or simply want to make a positive difference in their own lives.’

If you are holding on to your original copy for the highest price, looks like it is selling time – the original may finally soon see a price crash. For those who have yet to read the original, it may end up a golden time that prices return to normality and you get to own and read one.

As far as the new title, I can’t remember an occasion when I’ve been this intrigued to read a new NLP book since TRANCE-formations first came out.

http://www.amazon.com/Richard-Bandlers-G......7307779/

MindT.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I doubt it. Bandler has a number of books and products out on the subject of hypnosis.

Tranceformations was a transcript from an actual hypnosis seminar teaching hypnosis.

Just looking at the synopsis they are two different things.

And not an update of the original title.
Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
A price shift may happen or you might be right, we can only speculate. The price has often been very high with its short supply and ubiquitous high recommendation, but demand will diminish a fair amount if there is a good, cheap, very close, quite possibly even better and more up-to-date, alternative edition and then price would follow. I’ve never sold mine and will certainly keep it to refer to, but I got mine off the shelf back in the day and would never have paid some of those collector prices.

With his other hypnosis products, there has been several DVD sets released, but no such book has been published since ‘TRANCE-formations’ in 1981 (excluding the co-authored 'Magic in Practice: Introducing Medical NLP' (2008) which contains much clinical information besides Bandler’s hypnosis work). For me, that alone makes this an exciting release.

It doesn’t state whether or not it will be a seminar transcript this time, but it will be similarly “peppered with case studies” and with the title of 'A Guide to TRANCE-formations: Hypnosis for Everybody’, so obviously referencing the original, I think it will aim to be that better, more up-to-date version, just without Grinder on board doing his thing. I think it’ll be a very good one nonetheless.

MindT.
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Given that Bandler had a major falling out with pretty much everyone involved with the original Tranceformations, it seems unlikely that this is an "update" of that work. More likely, this is a new work with a name intended as a marketing leverage.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses
http://www.briandavidphillips.com

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
Mindtrap
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of Mindtrap
I've heard various theories why it was never republished and exactly what wranglings there have been behind the scenes. I agree in that his aim is to cash in on and claim the name -how unlike him! I also don't think it will be a either a simple reissue or slight reediting of the original, but it definitely covers the same ground, being viewed as the update version certainly won’t harm sales, and it will be interesting to see what new material or up-to-date models Bandler has come up with and will put in and what the real difference between these and the Ericksonian-based models will amount to after all this time.

Regards,
MindT.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I don't think there are that many people after a copy of transformations.

I have and its quite good. But the reason it is sought after (by a few) is becuase it is no longer in print. Ahhh human nature puts value on something it cannot have.

Sure its a good book but Bandler has loads of stuff out. There is a lot of stuff out in general. Although I much prefer his old stuff. I think he was much more honest back then (if you could ever trust him to tell the truth). I think his work was a lot less full of bs.

I think Bandler rests on his name and has done so for many years. I wouldn't put him at the top.

I think he laughs in private at how the sheep follow him. And he pushes the boundaries as to what he can get away with.
briandavidphillips
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of briandavidphillips
Quote:
On 2008-08-16 17:10, mindpunisher wrote:
Sure its a good book but Bandler has loads of stuff out. There is a lot of stuff out in general. Although I much prefer his old stuff. I think he was much more honest back then (if you could ever trust him to tell the truth). I think his work was a lot less full of bs.

I suspect Bandler had more folks working intimately with him in those early years who would work to keep him in check. The original, like most of those seminal books, were transcripts of seminars. They were likely not pure transcripts but heavily edited. These were transcribed and edited by others who tended to clean up the discussion, correct phrasing, clarify explanations, and cut out the extraneous material.

I agree with you in the opinion that the scarcity factor is likely the major reason for the high prices in the offmarket. I also have the original and found it useful but found other books more helpful when I was starting out.

All the best,
Brian
Hypnosis DVD Courses

Brian David Phillips brian@briandavidphillips.com
Hypnotist, Trance Wizard, Intuitionist
Keelung, Taiwan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » The New TRANCE-formations. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL