The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spontaneous Combustion DVD by Jay Sankey (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
I'm not aware of a detailed project on the use of flash paper. Well, Jay Sankey has put together a collection of effects on a DVD using Flash paper. Anyone that's used flash paper knows the pizazz it can add to magic effects.

The DVD starts out with Jay going over the cautions of using flash paper. What I liked was that Jay wasn't just just citing off a legal disclaimer, but genuinely wants folks to be careful and he offers safety tips, how to carry it, store it, etc.

Jay's been traveling the world since he was a teenager, releasing creations since 1980. So when does a project you get the benefit of that experience. He doesn't just teach trick, but you get performance tips and inside information that can only come from a working pro, to help you be a better performer.

The DVD is a winner. It's loaded with commercial, killer effects that are enhanced by the use of flash paper. THE PHOENIX EFFECT was worth the price of the DVD ( it's true, try it on an audience and they will think they saw real magic ).

Trailer can be seen here:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48194

Jay also has the flash pads available:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48182

Here are just some of the effects on the DVD:

THE PHOENIX EFFECT/ A spectator's own initials vanish in a burst of fire and reappear on the back of a thought of card! Magic + mental-ism + fire = COMPLETE INSANITY!

WHOLEHEARTED/ The PERFECT effect to perform for women! You tear a paper heart in half, vanish one half in flash of fire and then have the heart appear, completely restored IN THE SPECTATOR'S HAND!

FIREFLY/ A CRAZY VISUAL two coin transposition with a borrowed and marked coin!

MELTDOWN/ A piece of tissue paper initialed by the spectator visibly melts down through the top of a coffee cup! Easy to do too!

SIGNED, SINGED & DELIVERED/ A true "Sankey classic." Two initialed pieces of paper change places under the fairest possible conditions! And when we say you 'end clean,' we mean SQUEAKY CLEAN! Featuring an inspired structure and stunning visuals!

BLAZE OF GLORY/ The signed card appears in a ball of fire. (Try beating that!) Jay also shares a brand new handling for this memorable routine!
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Lord Freddie
View Profile
Inner circle
1093 Posts

Profile of Lord Freddie
Thanks for the review. This is one that I was in two minds about buying, but it sounds like there are some great ideas on here!
Mr Roy
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of Mr Roy
Thank you for the review.
jstone
View Profile
Inner circle
Someday I'll have
1473 Posts

Profile of jstone
This is a sweet DVD... Here's another review from my September Newsletter: Spontaneous Combustion.

Long Live Sankey Magic!
Proxy
View Profile
Veteran user
336 Posts

Profile of Proxy
I'm not seeing this on Sankey's website for some reason.
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
His Monster Sale is on, a lot of items are temporarily missing. The missing items are either out of stock temporarily or being saved for another crazy deal announcement this week.
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 17:10, taoist wrote:

Might have went up in smoke? (not a good joke I know)

:)
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2008-11-28 17:10, taoist wrote:

Here it is:
http://www.sankeymagic.com/detail.aspx?ID=48194

Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Spontaneous Combustion DVD is only $12.50 today during Jay's 'Monster Sale'.

resshin
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of resshin
Grabbed a copy during the sale. Great value for the money.
M Sini
View Profile
Inner circle
1359 Posts

Profile of M Sini
I did too, but I paid $14.99 for it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Spontaneous Combustion DVD by Jay Sankey (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL