The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butchers Blade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
Yes, you can end the effect with the blade closed.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
At the conclusion of the effect and with it close can the spectator casually handle the blade
cheerz Tim
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
I would let them look at it, but not touch it, they can get as close as they want and not find anything. At the end of the effect the blade can be opened and closed and looked at on all sides. There is nothing there to find.

The reason I would not let them touch it is because the blade is not very sharp.

Tim
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
That's good enough for me Tim, many thanks for openly answering my questions, I'm onto the phone to HP
cheerz
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
The workmanship and look of the Butcher's Blade is persuasive; For me it is the pitbull like, Karl Rovian attack method to seemingly undercut the competitor which is a turn off to me . THe straight razor made by Blackhart is equally as wicked IMHO

Kotah
shots
View Profile
Loyal user
Kissimmee, FL
256 Posts

Profile of shots
I would tend to think that Simon should be the one to have a problem with it, but he has given it his blessing. I hope both do well. Each gentleman is a scholar in their own right to be able to come up with concepts and put them into a product that makes it to the market. Wish I could say the same about myself--I have a lot of ideas, but none of them have made it to market yet.

(and btw, you are also highly respected by myself Kotah!)
Magic in the Shadows
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I strongly suspect there have been very few years since 1584 that there were not competing knifes of this basic nature.

Like a blustering Sondheim barber's contest, I sincerely hope it is good for business for both these fine gentlemen.
wkitwizard
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles
466 Posts

Profile of wkitwizard
Anybody mention Karl Rove? Isn't he the traitor, slug that got cowboy Bush elected?
Nothing is truer than the incomprehensible, because the sum total of our knowledge consists of the fact that we know nothing. Our reality is an illusion. Thus illusion is reality-Punx
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi Guys,
I just want to reiterate the fact that MagiCurios has no problem whatsoever with Tim or Butchers Blade. If there is any shred of resentment it would be aimed at the sometimes unscrupulous dealers out there.

We have fixed the Sweeney problem and have moved onto our new range of apparatus, the first of which is Crowley's Orb. I figured its about time we bizzarists had our own version of the classic ball vase.

Simon
plainman007
View Profile
Special user
630 Posts

Profile of plainman007
Hey Succahyo, Your proving to be nothing more than a common thief. You stole our money to the tune of about 900 USD and didn't send the vital equipment as promised. And didn't bother to respond to any emails or Café posts. Its obvious you have ignored all the posts where we've given evidence that youve swindled people of their money. Your usual tactics are to come here and solicit business like you did with us. The minute you recieve the money you send only part of the eqpt and then just ignore further messages or communication. Anyone here can refer to your posts and find out the same. Why are you so fraudulent ?. You took our money and didn't send the eqpt as promised. Then you just dropped out of all your active threads the minute we posted about your ripping us off. You have also done the same recently to another member here 'makeupguy' by taking his money to about $10,000 and then completely ignored his communication. And now what your here posting back on the forum after a brief period of hiding ??

Other Members Can refer to those threads here....This is so you can be aware and not deal or send money in advance to this guy Ssucahyo. He will certainly cheat you if you send money upfront.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=8

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=196
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This thread has gone South from Southerly. The Spooky forum used to be void of most of this kind of thing. I enjoyed coming here and I still do but this bickering belongs a couple of forums down from here where they seem to always bicker and belittle.
This site is about magicians helping magicians and exposing incredibly lousy business practices on an unrelated thread just seems to suit forums where participants bicker, and I love mentalism.

I think Simon has made good and a professional understanding exists between Simon and Cocomax. It is sad that someone lost 10 LARGE and other magicians need to know about it; I'm just saddened that this kind of thing is creeping into the Spooky forum. I would be more sad if I lost 10 Grand though.

I don't know!?!?!

Anyone know where Gede Nibo is?

Guys, and gals, sit down and have a drink or two and laugh a little. We won't live forever and we can't take our stuff with us when we go. We can only take the love and memories.
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Take some ****ing hormone pills for god's sake. This isn't some !@#$%^! mental, dove-eating, pull silks and cards out of your ass forum. This is the Bizarre Forum and we are proper Gentlemen and Women. Ok we curse a little, so what! , And when your claim to fame is standing on the shoulder's of giants, have a little ****ing respect.

As far as the blade, if you have people wanting to get near the blade you are not doing bizarre. If you have people even thinking about questioning the blade, you are not doing your job as a Bizarrist. The Andruzzi prop was insignificant to the effect, just a tool for drawing blood. And it made people shudder.

And someone whining about sending money to Indonesia of all places. Do you know how ridiculous that sounds? I suppose it is slightly better than Nigeria, but not much. You should be spending some time with our brothers in Bizarre, the Sideshow, who can maybe teach you to not be such a rube. We don't want to hear your tales of "rubidity" on this forum. Though if you insist on throwing money about, the Bizarre community will gladly help you dispose of it, we can even help you dispose of that pesky and cumbersome soul.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
Seance
View Profile
Elite user
Talking on the other side with
427 Posts

Profile of Seance
Clifford:

Preach it, brother!
Testify!
Fred Darevil
View Profile
Elite user
446 Posts

Profile of Fred Darevil
Obviously Butcher's blade seems far more convincing. "Beautiful" !!! On the other hand I note that you expose the methodology of the Sweeny very openly but not yours. Why ? I think it would be fair to do it due to the situation and nobody would be able to craft one by himself. Please tell me what you think of that.
cocomax
View Profile
Loyal user
North Fork, CA
289 Posts

Profile of cocomax
The Sweeney method had NOT been exposed by myself. I never posted any pictures of the big secret of the Sweeney and I have not stated what the secret method is. I have openly stated that the Butchers Blade uses the Discoverie of Witchcraft method.

Tim Wisseman
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

I think we've covered this enough. I can't believe there is this argument over a couple of fake razors when there are souls to corrupt! Priorities!
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
The Wizard of Hearts
View Profile
Veteran user
Tulsa, Oklahoma
323 Posts

Profile of The Wizard of Hearts
Quote:
On 2008-08-25 18:07, cocomax wrote:
The Sweeney method had NOT been exposed by myself. I never posted any pictures of the big secret of the Sweeney and I have not stated what the secret method is. I have openly stated that the Butchers Blade uses the Discoverie of Witchcraft method.

Tim Wisseman

You didn't expose the method? What do you call this then?

"With my effect you can pull the knife out of your hand and set it down on the table in FULL VIEW
with the blade open, there is no placing the blade back in the box and taking it out again. You
can not do that with a Sweeney, you can get your face in a few inches away from the Butchers
blade and it still looks great."

That's exposure, and you and Hocus-Pocus stole Simon's idea, pure and simple. Shame on you!
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1941 Posts

Please take it outside of the Bizarre Forum.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
There is no love in this thread.

I want to feel love. That's why I'm here. Ain't no love here.

Bye.
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Hey, this is Penny-ante stuff!

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butchers Blade (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL