The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butchers Blade (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
I think it's a marketing ploy, stirr up a bit od controversey and you get a ton of coverage, cheaper than placing an ad. Now let's argue over the OPium coin kreis magic has produced for Kotah. Did Higley exposer any methods when he said he could see the wires on the video ?

Kotah
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Wires? What about the mirrors?
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
You both are failing to mention all the smoke that was just sooooo obvious in the trailer.
What would Wavy do?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Opium Coin: It's done with a Gypsy varna and a couple of Qi Gong backflips into the swamp among the creepie-crawlies that nibble on your naked body. That's how it's done!

Seriously, I gotta get one! I love the concept.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
askernas
View Profile
Loyal user
Sweden
293 Posts

Profile of askernas
Oh... and here I thought the secret was to use Opium insence, and the effect is just a hallucination in the spectator's mind ....
Micke Askernäs
www.askernas.com
handa
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, PA
1357 Posts

Profile of handa
I can't work with opiates...I'd lose my job.

Chris
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Well I just got butchers blade today when I finally arrived back home to Oz. This is really craftmanship. The whole package is absolutely superb, from the box its in(I was told he actually buries them to get the age look) to the blade itself. Every action made during the routine has purpose and it flows so perfectly and ends so cleanly its far more than I hoped for. This looks so good I'll be placing it into my special antique cabinet of curiousities, along with items like Gerlitz's prediction watch and some of the other more beautiful hand made mentalist/bizaar props I've collected over the years. All of which I use to perform in very real world conditions. I didn't really know too much about Tim Wisseman before this but now I'll be looking very hard at his special line of effects for the bizaarist. He has a spirit bell out that looks fantastic. I believe its been aged and like this blade, looks far more impressive than photo's can show, and it looks great in the photo's. I have my own story for this prop that follows our own local history from the turn of the 19th century involing the razor gangs of The Rock's in Sydney. The bell looks like the real deal, so that will be the next review and perfect for those graveside stories. Congratulations Tim on an outstanding piece of kit, its found a good home Down Under where workmanship like this is appriciated.
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I too am interested in Tim's effect. But I would also like to say that Black Hart's straight razor has found a home in our seance and has worked like a charm. In the candlelight, with a story well acted, the trail of blood it traces upon the poor possessed woman's wrist makes the sitters squirm! Heh-heh!
magicianroger
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of magicianroger
I got tims dead ringer an its great iam going to get butchers blade next
eric50
View Profile
Regular user
166 Posts

Profile of eric50
Does anyone know how much "blood" you get with the butcher's blade and were can you get more?
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I have Tim's Butcher Blade and I think it's great! I love the method it utilizes. I love how Tim aged all the props.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I still have plenty of blood in my original bottle from Tim. A little goes a long way!

It is a wonderful aged gaffed knife.
dennfox
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of dennfox
I believe it's off-the-shelf bottled stage blood?
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
769 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
IT is off the shelf. I think it was the same bottle that came with my Harry Anderson's Needle Through the Arm. The only differance is you mix water with it to thin it out a bit. You get more than you will ever need.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Butchers Blade (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL