The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bermuda Triangle Illusion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

themagician64
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of themagician64
Does anyone remember an illusion called the Bermuda Triangle Illusion? It was marketed by Mak or Abbott's and I think it was a production of an assistant. I remember a magician doing this illusion and telling me about it when I was a youngster breaking into magic. I can't even remember if it was good or not. This has been bugging me for over 25 years now, any help?
may the Greats Live On!
richardcardini
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of richardcardini
One thing that does comes to mind when I hear you say Bermuda Triangle Illusion is an effect called 'voodoo zone'. It's the effect where you take two playing cards and bend them in half and place them together and weird things happen to the cards. In the middle of the trick you tell the spectator that inside of one of the cards is like the Bermuda triangle and that weird things take place inside there. I'm not sure if this will help you or not. http://www.ellusionist.com has a cd called Street Magic that contains the performance of this trick as well as the learning of it. Good luck and I hope this jogs your memory some.
pedey
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of pedey
I'm going back to my own childhood too, but I'm sure I remember David Copperfield perform a Bermuda Triangle Illusion on one of his specials.
M-Illusion
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of M-Illusion
The illusion sounds familiar, but I might very well be thinking of something else. You can't go wrong with calling Greg at Abbott's to see if he knows anything about it.
Terry Holley
View Profile
Inner circle
1805 Posts

Profile of Terry Holley
Andre Kole performs an original "Mystery of the Bermuda Triangle." He gets inside the triangle, back and front doors are put on and then lights are pushed in through the sides. When it is opened he has vanished. The doors are then put back on and the lights pulled back out. When reopened, he has reappeared.

He performed a variation to this for a year (early 1990's) or so where he reappeared in the audience.

Could this be what you are thinking of? You'd probably remember it because of the fog and flashing lights that add to the atmosphere.

Terry
Co-author with illusionist Andre' Kole of "Astrology and Psychic Phenomena."
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I just saw this Bermuda Triangle illusion on Hank Lee's. It's actually renamed as Bermuda Mystery, added just today or yesterday. The item is like 36 bucks. A little spendy but it sounds like a killer effect.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Is it the same thing????
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I do not think the thing you saw at Hank Lee's was Andre's original illusion. Andre's was very deceptive.

David Copperfield did a whole special with the hook being the vanish from the Bermuda Triangle I think a boat vanished on the radar screen.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Richard......
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
We're talking about different things here. When David Copperfield was doing his yearly TV specials, the 10th season I believe (1988) featured a Bermuda Triangle Illusion. That is way different than the piece of close-up magic featured in Hank's catalogue. I sort of remember as a kid some kind of pocket trick, marketed by Adams I presume, which included a match box, tooth picks which you put into a triangle, and a coin which disappeared from the "bermuda triangle" and ended up in the matchbox.

It must have worked and disappeared...I can't find it now!
Foucault
View Profile
Elite user
New Jersey, USA
424 Posts

Profile of Foucault
And, of course, there's "Understanding the Bermuda Triangle" in Jim Steinmeyer's Impuzzibilities, in which a triangular arrangement of coins seemingly has strange properties.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
I'd like to hear from someone who actually purchase the Bermuda Mystery from Hank Lee
JKing
View Profile
New user
Tampa, FL
53 Posts

Profile of JKing
Mak's had an illusion called the "devils bride" and it was also known as the "bermuda triangle". As the first post stated it was the vanish or appearance of an assistant behind a giant V shaped set of plexiglass. It had three buring fire bowls on the floor of the stage.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Bermuda Triangle Illusion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL