We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » September Issue Just Arrived:....Steve Cohen! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rickmagic1
View Profile
Inner circle
MIddle Tennessee area
1528 Posts

Profile of rickmagic1
Let me start by saying that I don't intend this to be about me...but I digress. Since I first hit on the idea of doing a Victorian parlor style show back in December of 2001, I have studied, written and "tweaked" this thing almost to death. I didn't think it would ever happen and now, slowly, "Victorian Secrets" is starting to become a reality for me.

All the while, a man by the name of Steve Cohen is up in New York starting what is now one of the greatest shows in modern magic-dom. I have not yet seen 'Chamber Magic', but all of my friends who have seen it have said that it was everything I'd hoped it would be. Steve has taken an idea that I thought I was alone in (DARN HIM!!!) and really made it his own! Now, I have to go back and re-vamp mine so that it looks nothing like his!

That said, the September issue of Genii is on this man who I now consider to be a 'role-model' (so-to-speak). Congratulations to Steve for all his success, and 'thank you' to Richard Kaufman for presenting such a wonderful article on his great show.

Rick
Richard Green
The Modern Conjurer
Host of the Haunted Magic show at House of Cards Nashville!
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Steve was great when I saw him in New York. I read the whole magazine and it was fantastic. I did note that Troy Hooser was being called Troy Hoosier.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Guy Hollingworth writes gold every month! Anyone here knows why Genii don't speak or review the IBM/SAM Combined Convention??? Its this reserved for other issues?
Thanks,
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2387 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
There was no reason for us to review the IBM/SAM convention. Acres of pages are devoted to it in MAGIC, The Linking Ring, and M-U-M. I can't imagine what having a fourth magazine covering it would add. In addition, I also produced the program, which creates a slight conflict of interest.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Thanks for the response.
Hansel!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » September Issue Just Arrived:....Steve Cohen! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL