The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Half-Dyed Silk (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
So before everybody says, "do a search" I already did. I couldn't find the answer to my question, although if it's out there let me know. I have a couple of questions about the props and set-up for Billy Mccombs half-dyed silk routine. What's the reset like, if any? and can it be done either surrounded or semi-surrounded? Thanks for you help.
korttihai_82
View Profile
Inner circle
Finland
1780 Posts

Profile of korttihai_82
There is a reset where you have to refold the half dyed silk. It really can't be done in the open.

Also the surrounded factor depends on your technique and method your using. I have seen some people do it with big thumb tips and that way it could be done pretty much surrounded. With dye tubes it depends a lot on your technique. Roger Klause, Dai Vernon and Patrick Page's techniques with Dye tubes are quite angly. However the McComb routine and handling is rather well covered as long as you keep your hands near to your body.

J-M
Donal Chayce
View Profile
Inner circle
1770 Posts

Profile of Donal Chayce
That pretty much sums it up.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7351 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
He is right on the money. The angles are not bad because you have a lot of cover during the routine.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Thanks for the help guys.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Half-Dyed Silk (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL