The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Lennart Green's performance at TED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shuren
View Profile
New user
Barcelona (and Sweden)
51 Posts

Profile of shuren
Hi everyone,

The TED (Technology, Entertainment, and Design) conference has graciously decided to post a performance by Lennart Green. I just watched it and I must say that I haven't been so entertained by a magic performance is a long while (I was even laughing quite a bit myself). You can both watch it online or download it in higher resolution from here:

http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/lenna......gic.html

I just wanted to share it since I enjoyed it so much (the depressing part is that by watching Lennart I realize just how much practice I have to do Smile ).

//shuren
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
From web:

Why you should listen to him:

Swedish card trick maestro Lennart Green has been baffling audiences for years with card tricks that seem barely under control. In 1991 he won the grand prize in close-up card magic from the International Federation of Magic Societies (FISM), sometimes called the "Olympics of magic." He might've won it in 1985 also, except his act of seemingly impossible cardplay fooled even the judges.

With his DVD series Green Magic, Green not only showcases his stunning routines, but divulges many of his most closely guarded secrets, including his famous "Snap Deal" (where cards seem to vanish without a trace as they are dealt). His talents have carried his trickery around the world, including an appearance on NBC's The World's Greatest Magic.
"One cardman who delivered a terrific performance in the contest was Lennart Green, a Swedish physician with an utterly original repertoire. He did not place, because some of the judges, completely fooled by his bizarre methods, jumped to the incorrect conclusion that the spectators who had shuffled the cards during his routine were actually stooges."
fism.org
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Lennart is my favourite card magician, thanks for posting this. It's great to see him at Ted, although it would have be nicer if they had set the camera for the audience up better. He was also in the audience for Art Benjamins performance.
The foil wrap at the end is brilliant.

Thanks again.

Andy
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
112 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
What an amazing clip, thanks for posting that. I met Lennart Green at the Melbourne Convention last year, he's fantastic. ITs great to have a copy of the talk he did (or a very similar one) as the convention DVD didn't end up being produced. He's such an amazing performer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Lennart Green's performance at TED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL