The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slink-touch-bent Final Garcia @E (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Lets check out the effects themselves. Keep it clean and productive.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
I haven't seen them, but I'm sure someone has since DG sent out demos of two of the effects. If he performs them at magic conventions I'm sure someone had to see it.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Does anyone know when these will be released? Is E still shooting for an august release?

I saw the demo for Bent and it looks amazing. This is one of the main reasons I'm interested in this dvd. Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago. I think these 2 effects will def. be worth picking up this dvd.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Bent does look incredible!! I will buy the Dvd for that effect alone...

Adam
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Any demos yet? Does anyone know what all the effects are?
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 20:42, baskitboy5 wrote:
Bent does look incredible!! I will buy the Dvd for that effect alone...

Adam

So you've seen the effect in person? Curiosity killed the cat.
How many Magicians does it take to advertise a trick? Three.. One to steal the trick. One to steal HIS trick. And one to write a good review.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 20:23, phase27 wrote:
Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago.

That puts things into perspective. You don't remember how it looked?
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
Fooksau, Daniel sent me the demo for this like two years ago. I watched it again this week and it reminded me of how great this should be!

Adam
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 22:50, baskitboy5 wrote:
Fooksau, Daniel sent me the demo for this like two years ago. I watched it again this week and it reminded me of how great this should be!

Adam

I'm looking forward to it. I'm also very impressed that a video given out that long ago hasn't been leaked somehow.

Peace.
APC
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1213 Posts

Profile of APC
When I said I wouldn't share it, I meant it =)
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
Cross Link is insanely visual. It impromptu and looks like real magic. Two borrowed rubber bands linked then unlinked, so simple, so convincing.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2240 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
The only one of these that I've seen so far is CrossLink. Danny performed it for me and a few others the last time he was in town. Anyone who already does a few band tricks will love this one!

Sadly, I have to wait for the DVD before I get the method!

Can't wait to see Bent. I remember when the video started circulating a few years back, and being excited then. Still haven't managed to see it though, so definitely looking forward to this DVD!

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
phase27
View Profile
Loyal user
Tx
228 Posts

Profile of phase27
Quote:
On 2008-08-23 22:07, fooksau wrote:
Quote:
Daniel showed me Slink (or whatever its supposed to be called) at the TAOM in 2006. I remember it blew me away and was very visual, but its hard to remember exactly what it looked like since it was 2 years ago.

That puts things into perspective. You don't remember how it looked?

I just remember that its a linking rubber band routine but don't remember details about it like how his hands were positioned and all. I remember it fooled me right away and cant wait to pick this up.
"Life is only as good as the memories we make..." -K.Roe
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, OH
1880 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Does anyone have a link to a performance video or something of that sort?
Exitmat
View Profile
Special user
641 Posts

Profile of Exitmat
Judging from those who have seen two of the three effects, this look like it's going to be one of Garcia's stronger releases. Crosslink and Bent sound like solid effects. Can't wait to get my hands on these.
fooksau
View Profile
Loyal user
299 Posts

Profile of fooksau
Quote:
On 2008-08-24 17:04, magician 336 wrote:
I think the thread vanishing was partly my fault, sorry guys lol....... does anyone have a link to a performance video or something of that sort?

Danny sent out demos before. I'm thinking that he sent them to good people otherwise they'd be all over the place by now. But it's good to hear from others that have seen it on video or in person.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
They're all good effects. (Cross)Slink is a definite winner, but you'll need to put in the time and patience in order to get the most out out it. You NEED to look natural while doing this, and that takes times.

Touch looks great too... I remember looking at the video and actually saying "WTF, impossible" when he performed it for the camera. It just goes to show you what the mind remembers seeing, versus what actually is seen. For me, this effect adds value to the DVD. Regardless of what's been said and why whom I don't think there will be too many people who are put off by this effect. I think it's just as strong as the others that he's got there.

Bent is impressive as well. It's one thing to know how a trick is done, but I'm more impressed with being able to understand the creativity that Danny has within him, and how he's put it to use.

I do work for Ellusionist so some of you will want to take this with a grain of salt but I'd buy this, even it wasn't sold at Ellusionist.

David.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
So, can you give some idea for a release date then?

Thanks,

Lloyd
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Quote:
On 2008-08-25 17:53, Lloyd Barnes wrote:
So, can you give some idea for a release date then?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Shouldn't this be out in August? Can't wait for this. Daniel Garcia products have always been outstanding.
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
mantel
View Profile
Special user
923 Posts

Profile of mantel
Quote:
Does anyone know when these will be released? Is E still shooting for an august release?

I assume the Ellusionist staff does. No E is not still shooting for an August release. The release is being pushed back for at least another month for some reason.

Regards,

Mantel
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slink-touch-bent Final Garcia @E (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL