The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slink-touch-bent Final Garcia @E (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Zhang
View Profile
Special user
515 Posts

Profile of Zhang
Slink looks very similar to Alex Padrea's rubber band link,he just put it for download at this link:

http://fantasmamagic.net/product_info.php?products_id=96
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Profile of palmtreemagic!
Quote:
On 2008-10-05 03:10, LF wrote:
Slink looks very similar to Alex Padrea's rubber band link,he just put it for download at this link:

http://fantasmamagic.net/product_info.php?products_id=96

If you know the secret behind Slink, you know that this rubber band link isn't the same. The hand movements give it away
Unleashing the moment of astonishment, one impromptu situation at a time.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2120 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Hey guys. Alex is having some trouble signing into the Café to post a response, so he asked that I post his response in here. He does indeed have a really nice linking bands routine, but the method is different from Slink. It's a link he's been doing for awhile now, and when he found out about Slink (Crosslink) coming out, he got in touch with DG to make sure they weren't the same. They're not. Both are good, and serve their purposes. I just got the BentTouchSlink DVD yesterday, so I've not worked fully through it, but I have watched the Slink section. Slink looks great, and it is viewed head-on by the audience. Alex's link is best viewed by giving your audience the "magician POV" over your shoulder.

Here's Alex's message:

"Hey guys,

Glad to see you came across one of my downloads. Yes, Slink is similar to my rubberband link, yet it is different in method. I spoke to Danny about this to re-assure ourselves that these effects are different, which was an important thing to do.

Unfortunately, Fantasma Magic is facing some technical difficulties with their download demos, which you may experience when trying to view them. They will be trying to sort that out as soon as possible. The downloads of the tricks and teaching themselves are in operation, people might just have some trouble viewing the demos. Soon they will begin to upload more downloads for you guys, including more of my routines, and material from guys like Shoot Ogawa, Johnny Thompson, David Roth, and many more.

Thanks,
Alex Pandrea"

I definitely recommend that people keep their eye out for more material from Alex. He's a very talented guy, and has a lot of clever effects and methods. In addition to his Fantasma Downloads, he'll also be releasing some of his stuff through the New York Magic Project later this year. Teasers and previews coming soon!

And to stay fully on-topic, congrats to Danny on his release. As I said before, I've not watch the whole DVD, but I like what I see so far. The other reviews I've heard have also been quite good, so I'm looking forward to watching the rest!

Kevin

PS - As a side note, I just re-visted the Fantasma site, and it seems they've fixed the demo issue. At least it worked for me now!
Kevin Reylek
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Hey guys... need to clear up yet ANOTHER thing.

First let me start by letting you know that I DO NOT even own a copy of BentTouchSlink yet... The brilliant man over at Ellusionist does not even send me a rough draft of the DVD's before the are released(as some of you may know by seeing what happened with the loops dvd). They do not even send me ONE final copy when it's done... not ONE. I have yet to see Fallen, BTS, or even a final copy of the UltraGaff DVD's. OH wait... I have seen Fallen, but because I had to ORDER one just to see my own product. With that being said...

Someone informed me that I recommend using the "superman coin bend" on the BTS dvd.

- I have NEVER owned a superman coin bend, I have never touched a superman coin bend, and I have never SEEN a superman coin bend.

Brad told me to recommend that product because it was one of THEIR products.

I actually recommend the Coin Bending Tool over at tophatmagic.com ... it is what I was using even AT THE SHOOT.

I know that this may be a small little detail, but like I said before, the TRUTH is very important to me, and I am fed up of ellusionist misleading their customers.

Daniel Garcia
-Truth is made up of two things... FACT... and the ability to believe it-
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Danny, thanks for peeling away another layer for us.

Rest that heel up and keep creating!

Chris
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Thanks for the post Danny.

It just keeps getting more and more interesting.

Do you even get any kind of royalties for this?
I hope they at least do that much.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Darwin Ortiz.......(This post has got to be in my top 5.)
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 14:40, dg magic wrote:
Hey guys... need to clear up yet ANOTHER thing.

First let me start by letting you know that I DO NOT even own a copy of BentTouchSlink yet... The brilliant man over at Ellusionist does not even send me a rough draft of the DVD's before the are released(as some of you may know by seeing what happened with the loops dvd). They do not even send me ONE final copy when it's done... not ONE. I have yet to see Fallen, BTS, or even a final copy of the UltraGaff DVD's. OH wait... I have seen Fallen, but because I had to ORDER one just to see my own product. With that being said...

Someone informed me that I recommend using the "superman coin bend" on the BTS dvd.

- I have NEVER owned a superman coin bend, I have never touched a superman coin bend, and I have never SEEN a superman coin bend.

Brad told me to recommend that product because it was one of THEIR products.

I actually recommend the Coin Bending Tool over at tophatmagic.com ... it is what I was using even AT THE SHOOT.

I know that this may be a small little detail, but like I said before, the TRUTH is very important to me, and I am fed up of ellusionist misleading their customers.

Daniel Garcia

Wow, I hate Ellusionist even more now. In all honesty, the only times I've really check out their stuff is when YOU release something new. I just love your creative ideas!

This all sounds even worse than the Sankey/Penguin incident a few years back.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

What's so wrong that Brad wants Danny to promote Ellusionist products? It's a business, they need to make money, they promote products.
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Sorry to say it, But I don't even have STB. I decided a while back that E wasn't going to get any more of my business. And no, he whole thing with Danny and E was not the reason I decided such. But it did put the icing on top.

I want to check it out because I love Danny's stuff, But I won't support E anymore.

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
The effects on the DVD and lecture notes are far beyond your abilities. (They require mastery of the mechanic's grip.) It would only break your heart.
Sincerely,
Tim Jahn
View Profile
Special user
South Florida
911 Posts

Profile of Tim Jahn
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 18:35, palmtreemagic! wrote:
What's so wrong that Brad wants Danny to promote Ellusionist products? It's a business, they need to make money, they promote products.

Why should Danny have to say its great and promote it when he doesn't even use it? That seems okay to you?

Tim
Andrew, (ASW)
Sincerely,
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
The emo-ness and anti-corporate malarky in this thread are good for a laugh.

That said, Dan Harlan's Band Shark is on my wishlist and I already have Sean Fields' Benz. How do Slink and Bent compare respectively and which product (Band Shark or BTS) will give me more bang for my buck?
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1759 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
So is there anyone that has worked with ellusionist that hasnt been screwed over lol?
palmtreemagic!
View Profile
Loyal user
Everywhere and wherever
261 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-08 18:38, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:

Why should Danny have to say its great and promote it when he doesn't even use it? That seems okay to you?

Tim

I doubt Danny was forced to do such a thing. Ellusionist is probably the most successful magic store on the web if not the world, I'm sure they know a thing or 2 about business.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Hi Danny,

First, let me say that I really like Slink-Touch-Bent, as I do all your stuff. I just re-watched the video and you demonstrate bending the coin with Steve Lancaster's Coin Bending tool and say that is what you use. You also talk about how great a tool it is and what a great bend it makes in the coin. You give other options for bending a coin and quickly mention that you can also use the Superman Coin Bend before the video cuts quickly to a different section. You don't really reccomend it, you just offer it as another alternative.

I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.

Hey, I really respect you and understand that you have your reasons to be unhappy with Ellusionist, (which may be absolutely legitimate), but in this case I don't really understand the knock on Ellusionist. If all you meant to do was let people know which coin bend tool you recomend, that's great, and I appreciate that.
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 18:58, palmtreemagic! wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 18:38, Tim Jahn wrote:
Quote:

Tim

I doubt Danny was forced to do such a thing. Ellusionist is probably the most successful magic store on the web if not the world, I'm sure they know a thing or 2 about business.

They use to know a thing or two about business but greed and ego have taken over and now they have no ethics OR business sense. I stopped buying from them when they hiked there shipping rates sky high to "cover the cost of the benefits of those working in the shipping department." I've been in business over 36 years and that is pure BS!
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
I don't know the history behind you and Brad although it's obvious theres more than a bit of bad blood. Just the same, I don't think there is anything that is misleading in the video in that regard and to suggest that Ellusionist is misleading anyone with the video is a bit of a stretch.

Good to see someone around here is willing to make an educated decision.

Also, since you own the product, could you help me out with my question? If you don't own Band Shark, don't worry about it. I just want to know how the content on BTS stands up to that and Benz.

I probably won't be buying any other coin bending gimmick as it is, as Sean's Benz bender is probably superior to almost anything else I'm going to find given my particular style.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2716 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:37, WolfGod wrote:
Quote:

Good to see someone around here is willing to make an educated decision.

Also, since you own the product, could you help me out with my question? If you don't own Band Shark, don't worry about it. I just want to know how the content on BTS stands up to that and Benz.

I probably won't be buying any other coin bending gimmick as it is, as Sean's Benz bender is probably superior to almost anything else I'm going to find given my particular style.

You need to get your hands on the best coin bender there is...Quantum Bender 2.0!!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:24, rockwall wrote:
Hi Danny,

First, let me say that I really like Slink-Touch-Bent, as I do all your stuff. I just re-watched the video and you demonstrate bending the coin with Steve Lancaster's Coin Bending tool and say that is what you use. You also talk about how great a tool it is and what a great bend it makes in the coin. You give other options for bending a coin and quickly mention that you can also use the Superman Coin Bend before the video cuts quickly to a different section. You don't really reccomend it, you just offer it as another alternative.

Hey, I really respect you and understand that you have your reasons to be unhappy with Ellusionist, (which may be absolutely legitimate), but in this case I don't really understand the knock on Ellusionist. If all you meant to do was let people know which coin bend tool you recomend, that's great, and I appreciate that.

thanks you SOOOOO much for clearing this up... like I said, I have not even recieved a copy of my own product.... so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest Smile

thank you very much,

DG
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:41, dg magic wrote:

so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest Smile

This struck me as a little odd.

Doesn't it seem rash to make allegations based on hearsay?
dg magic
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston , TX.
350 Posts

Profile of dg magic
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:44, WolfGod wrote:
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 19:41, dg magic wrote:

so I was going by what I was told. Just wanted to make sure everything was honest Smile

This struck me as a little odd.

Doesn't it seem rash to make allegations based on hearsay?

not at all... I was told by several trusting people that it was said.. and I just wanted to clear up WHY I recommended it... and be honest in letting people know that I have not even seen the device being suggested.

I am glad to hear that the coin bending tool was mentioned in the dvd Smile

DG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Slink-touch-bent Final Garcia @E (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL