The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What is your favorite examinable packet trick and why? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1996 Posts

Profile of puggo
John Bannon Duplicity - after a few routines have already performed.
I like the gentle paced, seemingly fair way in which this can be done, and the reveal of the cards at the end in a non-proving, casual way just adds to the effect.
For me, this has worked extremely well.
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
If you're good with the clean up, Mercury can be a fun one to do then let them examine. I've done it a few times (I usualy do revovler or delirium instead of this one, unless I don't have it set up) where I had great distance, and the effect turned out perfect!
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
ALCON,
Puggos post is perfect. It tells us his favorite and why. If you are going to post, please abide. If it is an effect most can't google, feel free to give a description, fair enough?
As we learn more, the ranking of your favorite can change. Mine did!
Astrolan
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation
10 Posts

Profile of Astrolan
As for me it's a Twisting the Aces, Color Monte and Jazz Aces.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Astrolan,
Of the 3, which ONE is your favorite and why?
Astrolan
View Profile
New user
Russian Federation
10 Posts

Profile of Astrolan
JSBLOOM,

Sorry for my languege.

Without a doubt it's a Color Monte. Because it's absolutely great! Always get a fantastic reactions. My audience loved it.
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
Many of these have already been named, but here's a list of my favorites (in no particular order):

Royal Scam, Spin Doctor, Duplicity - John Bannon
Seeing Stars - Ron Frost
Color Monte - Jim Temple
Viginia City Shuffle - Louis Falanga
Comedy Mind Reading, Pet Intelligence - Dave Mitchell
Perfect Location - Vic Trabucco
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
I forgot to mention the "why" I liked the above routines. The Bannon, Frost, Temple and Falanga effects are all filled with lots of magic and have strong climaxes.

Trabucco's routine is totally inexplicable to everyone I've ever done it for and is filled with opportunities to have fun.

The Mitchell effects are just fun - no sleights, nothing fancy, just funny.

And having fun is the main thing I'm always looking for.
Demonbrn
View Profile
Veteran user
Oakley, CA
338 Posts

Profile of Demonbrn
I'm starting to enjoy doing (this is what it was called from where I figured it out) The Million dollar card trick. The reason I love it so much is due to most people assuming there are more than 4 cards, if you can do the clean-up smoothly, it is fantastic. Same can be said for a Improptu version of 'Everywhere and Nowhere'.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Trainwing,
You listed six.
The thread deals with which ONE is your favorite?
I know it is a touch choice which I why I started this thread.
trainwing
View Profile
New user
Hendersonville, TN
44 Posts

Profile of trainwing
Egads, I'm not too bright I guess. Sorry.

If I must pare those down to three, I think they would have to be Royal Scam, Spin Doctor, and Color Monte. The reasons are above.
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Trainwig,
No problem, but now you have to eliminate 2 more Smile
Isn't easy is it?
Fred Johnson
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Fred Johnson
Three Card Monte - the original, just three cards and a funny throw, bent corner, etc.
mistermagic
View Profile
New user
currently N Carolina
80 Posts

Profile of mistermagic
Paul Harris's Reset. The kicker is so killer for a non-gaffed card trick. No palming, no lapping, no rough and smooth, and it resets automatically, but that's not how it got it's name.
I'll soon be ending all of my posts with "nuff said."
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6583 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
At the risk of sounding immodest, I'd have to say my favorite "examinable packet" trick is my Couer d'Alene Assembly. It's a Progressive Assembly with an instant Repeat Assembly. It uses no gaffs or gimmicks, no extra cards. 4 jokers (or blanks) are laid out in a diamond formation, and 3 indifferent red cards (for contrast) are placed on each one. The joker vanishes from the first packet, and now the second packet has two jokers. These vanish and now the third paxcket has three jokers. These vanish and the leader packet has four jokers.

You are left with three packets of four indifferent cards each, and one packet with four jokers! Very slowly and fairly, you exchange one joker for one red card in each packet. Yet, when the packets are turned face up, it is seen that the jokers have instantly traveled back to the leader packet—the other three packets have nothing but red cards!

Everything can be examined both before and after the routine. Only four normal jokers and 12 normal indifferent red cards are used, and it's fairly easy to do.

Not just trying to plug my own stuff--this really IS my favorite examinable packet trick. If anyone's interested, you can buy an instant download PDF of it from my website on this page:
http://www.scottfguinn.com/cardmagic.asp
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
jskalon
View Profile
Special user
Shorewood, IL.
870 Posts

Profile of jskalon
I always loved Twisting the Aces (Vernon) and Empowering Poker (a 10 Card Poker Deal Paul by Tuohy)because there are no gaffs to ditch.
Jack Skalon

"That's my story and I'm stickin' to it"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2008-12-07 18:31, fbcarter wrote:
I have great success with Colour Monte... So much so I even made myself a jumbo version for parlour shows... My number two is Vernon's Twisting the aces.. I do this as packet.. Pulling the aces out of card wallet...

I do the ending just a bit different in that after I go through the part showing twisting does not turn over the Ace of spades... I hand the packet to a lady and say the only way to turn the Ace is to have a lady hold the cards and snap my fingers over them... Then I let her spread them... Punches it up a lot because it turns over in her hand...

This ending brought it from a puzzler to a wow effect... for me...

Although TTA is one of my favorites, I felt the need for a different ending also. I changed the order to end with the diamond. Then do a reverse spread to show a blank. I think your idea of putting it in the specs hand is great- gotta try it. Thanks! Jim
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
hdragonetta
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of hdragonetta
Duplicity by John Bannon has a lot going for it. It gives you a chance to hone your "verbal sleight" skills. I've gotten very good reactions from it.
smith83
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of smith83
How examinable are we talking here? I like ESPerfect but the special something ends up with me, not them
JSBLOOM
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of JSBLOOM
Glad you asked....
Examineable means if they asked you to see the cards, you could give them everything.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Deckless! » » What is your favorite examinable packet trick and why? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL