The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Leave Your Ego At The Door - Bill Herz (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
319 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I remember reading an article years ago in Magic magazine about Bill Herz (it also contained one of the most striking ..and copied.. publicity photos I've ever seen.

Bill seemed to be THE MAN when it came to corporate entertainment, and the advice in that article was invaluable to me.
Hearing that Bill has now put his thoughts and experience into a book is very exciting news (ad in Sept Genii). I've already ordered my copy, together with the new revised edition of Secrets of the Astonishing Executive - another gold mine of effects and ideas for business situations.

Best news of all is that Bill is one of the MANY stars at this year's UK IBM convention, later this month at Eastbourne (coastal town in Southern England). Bill is presenting a lecture and workshop - can't wait !!!!
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
707 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Hi David:

Just read Bill's book and he is "the man" when it comes to corporate bookings. The book is an easy read, but you'll definitely want to read it more than once so you don't miss anything.

In the book Bill discusses many topics including working with agents and managers, contracts, riders, pricing, promotional tools, troubleshooting and much (much) more.

If you are currently performing for corporate audiences or want to, this book is a must have. I give it my highest endorsement.

I'll be at IBM in Eastbourne. Hope to see you there.

Regards,

Seth
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
319 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
Hi Seth,

With amazing service from US I've just received this (along with the updated version of Secrets of the Astonishing Executive). All I can say is WOW !!! A fabulous book packed with real world advice and bang up to date. Every page has real gems of advice and tactics to become a success in corporate entertainment. I'm looking forward even more than ever to attend Bill's lecture and workshop at Eastbourne. Great to hear you'll be there too - look forward to saying 'hello' again.

Final advice on Bill's book - don't hesitate for a second. Buy it !!!!!!
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1714 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Will also be in Eastbourne, hope to see you all there (and Bill Herz)

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Oakes
View Profile
New user
New York, NY
8 Posts

Profile of Oakes
I'd like to chime in here as well... this book is great. If you're looking to expand your business in the corporate market, this is a must read. Bill covers a lot of often-overlooked aspects of performing... the marketing, the prep, the follow-up, etc. Some great anecdotes as well (wait 'til you hear how he got Malcolm Forbes to call him!). For those of you that are already workers in the corporate world, you'd be remiss to not pick up a copy... Bill's definitely included something for everyone.
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I had a chance to hang out with Bill a few months ago while he was here in Orlando. He was finishing the book at that point. I'm so glad this has made it to the marketplace.
KeirRoyale
View Profile
Special user
Denver, CO
550 Posts

Profile of KeirRoyale
Just finished Leave Your Ego at the Door and I really liked it. Some brilliant ideas on "how to get in through the back door" with agents and hard to sell clients, particularly liked the idea using the "invisible deck" that he mailed to a special client to woo him into hiring him.

As with any marketing book there is a lot of redundant information that we have all heard before and there is also a lot of opinion and frankly some of those expressed opinions I strongly disagree with. That having been said there is still no way any corporate performer will not get $60 out of the information in this book unless you just don't read it. The book is brief, concise and to the point and definetley worth the asking price.
msmaster
View Profile
Special user
521 Posts

Profile of msmaster
What makes this book great are the invaluable "back door" stories that provide an example on how a creative person broke through barriers.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Leave Your Ego At The Door - Bill Herz (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL