The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Creative magic...or just plain bad TV? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2200 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Pay it forward
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
This show continues to disgust me. They are constantly using creative edits for their "montage" clips. I don't know definitely but I would assume that most if not all of the performers depicted do a comedy magic routine and all the clips shown are presented completely out of context.
John Iacono
View Profile
New user
N. California
53 Posts

Profile of John Iacono
No they were not out of context, I saw all the performance on that video clip. the only one that got a bad deal was the first magician that pulled off the doves head, he did not get a chance to finnish. The other magicians on the clip were bad and they just needed to get the boot.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I stand corrected then. Like I said I can't attest to what the actual content of the acts were but I've gotten info from very reputable sources in the past that the cutting and pasting of the x's doesn't always sync up with the act that is being depicted. For instance an act may not receive any x's but when cut up for television they add segments of them getting buzzed in for these type of montages for effect.
John Iacono
View Profile
New user
N. California
53 Posts

Profile of John Iacono
Maybe there are not enough good magician trying out for Americas got tallent
at least it is not all singers.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
That could be the case but I tend to be a bit more cynical than the average person. I guess only time will tell with this show. With ratings like the ones they get I don't see it going off the air anytime soon.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3617 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
You're right Danny - the show is put together like a giant "clip and paste" project. The girl that pulled her bra out with a linking ring looked like a big goof, when really this was part of her routine. It was edited to make it look like a mistake.

jim
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Creative magic...or just plain bad TV? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL