The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Florida Stores. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rohojamagic
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of rohojamagic
I know this post will get moved, but I just could not think of a category for it to go in to.
I am taking a holiday in Florida in October this year and would like to know if there are any good card magic dealers in the Fort Myers or Orlando area?

Thanks for any help you can offer.
RH
jaylynch68
View Profile
New user
Orlando, Florida
56 Posts

Profile of jaylynch68
It's not in Orlando but the Magic Dove Shop in Cocoa has a good selection of card effects. Take SR 528 (the "Beachline") east to Cocoa. Cross US 1 & drive several blocks; turn right on Brevard Ave. There's a traffic light at the intersection. The Magic Dove is several blocks on the right. 639 Brevard Ave. 321-433-1130. Open 7 days a week.

BTW, for Orlando folks, they ship free. I ordered serveral items on Monday & got them on Tues. Very quick service.& competitive prices.

Jaylynch
csantill
View Profile
New user
97 Posts

Profile of csantill
Hi,
On of the first magic shops I ever visited was Magic max in Kissimme (Right next to Orland) during my Honemoon.

Very cool place (if touristy)

http://www.magicmax.com/
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
FT. Myers has a costume shop dowtown called Fun Tree, and they have a small selection of magic. The best bet is to make the short drive from Orlando to Daytona to visit Daytona Magic, the best stocked and oldest magic store in the state. They have a website, just Google Daytona Magic, and you will find it.

Magic Max in Orlando has a pretty good selection, though most of the stuff they sell is made in-house at their workshop. Their prices are sky high compared to what they sell things for on their website. Still, we go there everytime we visit OldTown in Kissimmee. If Benny is doing cards at the counter, you will have a good visit.

Hope this helps...

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL (just south of Ft Myers)
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
Just came back from Florida, and visited the Old Town shop in Kissimmee and the store in Ft. Lauderdale. There went another $1000! Smile
atucci
View Profile
Veteran user
Phoenix, Az
380 Posts

Profile of atucci
I'll second the Magic Dove in the Village of Cocoa Beach (plus it's a neat little downtown area) for their quick delivery.

Of course Daytona Magic has a national reputation since they are well stocked and produce their annual convention in November.

But for my money the best the state has to offer in The Wizard's Apprentice magic shop in downtown Hollywood Florida (the Ft Lauderdale area). Massive inventory of tricks, DVD's and books. Lot's of books, magazines and pamphlets. And more books!

Very well stocked run by Jack Maxwell and his brother-in-law Stan, its a hang out for beginners and pro's. Several working pro's in the area frequent the shop (I saw Gazzo in the shop hanging out the last two times in visited) and Jack & Stan take a personal interest in what you need or should be doing to become a better performer.

They have an online store set up but are truly a brick & mortar shop with regular lectures, teach-ins and just a place to hang out. About two miles as the crow files from Hollywood beach it's in the heart of downtown Hollywood which has an art deco flavor to it.

Art galleries, Café's, a Jazz club or two and great places to eat, your significant other can enjoy the other businesses in the area on foot while you hang out with the magicians at Wizards.

http://www.wizardsapprenticemagic.com/ca......ndex.asp
Tony Tuccillo

Phoenix, AZ
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
I'll add another vote to Tony's high praise for the Wizard's Apprentice in Hollywood, FL. Very nice shop with great selection of books (something increasingly hard to find). And no rubber doggy-do or fake vomit anywhere in sight. A classy, well designed store to visit. And Jack & Stan are very nice guys.
( A note to all you young newcomers to magic; READ MORE BOOKS! Please, before they stop publishing them altogether.)
epoptika
View Profile
Elite user
Florida
471 Posts

Profile of epoptika
Well, another magic shop is biting the dust. The Wizards Apprentice in Hollywood is closing its doors after February 15 and will be an internet only business. A sad loss to everybody who enjoys visiting an actual shop.
Brian - what shop are you referring to in Ft. Lauderdale?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Society of American Magicians! » » Florida Stores. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL