The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » "The Balloon Guy is Coming, the Balloon Guy is Coming" to BOSTON (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Profile of Bad to the Balloon
"The Balloon Guy is Coming, the Balloon Guy is Coming"

Okay so Paul Revere, I am not, but I am coming to Boston for two awesome lectures!!

First is September 10th 2008 7:30 pm ...

"Dissection of a Family Entertainer"
No hold bar dissections of a magic show!!! First see the 1/2 hour show. Start to finish, stay for the second half where we tear the whole thing apart!!! The commando style table design.... The sound system for a budget .... Who, what, why, and when to perform. How Family performing differs from “Kiddie Magic”.

The lecture will be held at the Magic Art Studio 137 Sring St Watertown, Mass 617-926-3949 and the meeting is at 7:30pm and the lecture will be at 8:00 for members it free and non members 10 dollars. Contact Steve Klein for info Vice President of Sam #9 617-875-7640

Then on September 11th 2008 6:30pm ....

“Bad to the Balloon”
How to get the most ART out of your ballooning. You will learn to think differently about balloons and what can be made. When Mark performs he states “I can make anything within taste and reason” and does & he deliver. With a combination of wit, speed and skill he can make anything. Mark general rule is to make it great and make it fast. Average balloon hat takes 2 minutes or less.

Bad to the Balloon will be held at the Church of Christ Burlington 344 Cambridge St Burlington, Ma 6:30 pot-luck and the lecture is at 7 pm-9 pm with a 10 dollar donation contact Steve Klein 617-875-7640, Glenna Thompson 339-234-0809

After the lecture we will balloon Jam!!!

Look forward to seeing my Northern friends at these lectures.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
As seen on the TODAY SHOW
www.balloonguy.net
Creator of Bad to the Balloon DVD series
Go to my store: http://tinyurl.com/Bad2theBalloon
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
If you get a chance, be sure to attend this lecture! Mark has some great ideas.

His table idea alone is worth the price of admission! (That is... if he tips the table design he showed me in the parking lot of Applebee's restaurant!)

Lyndel
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

That is one of the centerpieces of the lecture. A compact table/carry-all that can go on a plane. Includes a table and a ditch box that don't look like any thing anyone else has out there. I honed the idea with Jeff McBride in fact he was very impressed with the final results.

Just to reiterate there is 2 LECTURES on family performing the other on balloon work.

If your coming holler out on this thread!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Cool it will be great to see you in Boston Lincoshire UK!

Oh wait a minute Boston Liconshire UK is where all the stupid americans go to get off a coach point at teh TINY church adn say "geee look at the cathedral" in a realy annoying nasal american tone! I bet your going to the Boston Massachuseets one aren't you! DARN IT!

I would come but not that far........

PS THANKS A MILLION for BTTB1 and BTTB2!!!!!! I am getting such good comments / feedback with the balloons from theere -

AND for anyone who don't like hats (why?) the stuff can be made off a hat as well! with not much thgouth (its why I can see it is possible as I don't have much thoughts to go round).

Dave
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Thanks Sparky ..... (never thought I would ever say that)

Don't you have a boat?

Boston 8 days and counting....
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Yes I have access to a boat well actually I can get my hands on three!

Now do I take the kayak, the small sailing dingy or the fiberglass with a small OB moater? mmmmm its a dificult choice but it may well take more than 8 days - even in teh kayak!

:)
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
I'm a prison officer dave so if you want I'll ask john darwin for kayaking tips???
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Did I miss the joke???

Leave tomorrow for Boston!!
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
toomuchmagic
View Profile
Special user
534 Posts

Profile of toomuchmagic
I am sitting in a cheap, dank Super 8 motel in Watertown, MA after a 3.5 hour traffic laden drive to see one of my inspirations in the biz share his insider family show intel. Typically, this is not something you see in a magic lecture or at least not something I have seen often if at all. I have seen hundreds of brilliant moves and tricks I will never care/need to do, and I have seen tons of beautifully crafted pitches to buy whatever fit in said presenter's suitcase to be sold to eager secret seekers.
Something I have been craving for years is more in depth, "xray", full disclosure looks at ACTUAL magic shows...you know, the ones that go on in living rooms and classrooms and parks and restaurants, for real people, by real workers, in real situations. (granted this was NOT presented in the real world...far from it... anyone else would be frightened if they found themself in a small room decorated with ceiling high cabinets of metal cups and giant dice, occupied by a crowd of old men with decks of cards in their pockets....but I used what is left of my imagination.)( I also want to let it be known that I love the L&L seed audience and if they start producing videos without them it will be a bottomless void in my magic soul.)
Anyway, there is nothing like watching a real pro present his everyday show, and even greater, breaking it down into its specific parts, from routines and reasons they are in the show (not just cus they are good tricks but premises to why the take up precious 'real estate' in the performance) all the way down to its bare bones cases, tables, and transportation.
I would trade a hundred "trick" videos and books for more in depth looks like this.
I also did purchase Mark Byrne's "My Bunny Daryl" and "Twinkle... Twinkle"...not because he straight pitched them, because I think he forgot to....but because they made sense among a slew of similar tricks that are good, but exist for sake of trickery alone.

Excellent ideas Mark...nice to meet you and I am looking forward to tomorrow night's lecture.

On an aside...have you ever noticed that $100 a night motels have free internet and breakfast, but swanky $300+ hotels make you pay extra? Chalk it up to one of life's mysteries
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

I am humbled and speechless (not something easy to do to me!!)

Thank you .... I was very curious to see how well this was going to be received. It is the lecture I have always wanted to see also. It is my heart and soul.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Sammy the Kid
View Profile
Veteran user
Southern Illinois
314 Posts

Profile of Sammy the Kid
Mark, What are the chances of you lecturing in the St Louis region anytime in the near future? I can't make a drive to Boston but STL is only about 2 hours away

Sammy the Kid
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Who books your local club?
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
Danny The Idiot
View Profile
Regular user
London, UK
170 Posts

Profile of Danny The Idiot
Hey Mark are you coming to TMJ this year?

Go on you know you want to! I'll buy you a beer (Belgian beer ...MMMmmm)

danny
Danny Schlesinger

www.CircoRidiculoso.com
Bad to the Balloon
View Profile
Inner circle
Clearwater Florida
2116 Posts

Wow I have been to too many conventions this year.... Now if someone wants to sponsor me, well I could make arrangements.
Mark Byrne
AKA Mark the Balloon Guy
www.balloonguy.net
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ballooning 101 » » "The Balloon Guy is Coming, the Balloon Guy is Coming" to BOSTON (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL