The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Insight available again! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
286 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
As reported on this week's MagicWeek site, (5th story down), Keith Fields is about to re-release his Insight book test - and with a great introductory offer.

My order has been placed, and no more begging threads for this desirable book test need be started - for the time being anyway Smile
BlakeAdams
View Profile
Special user
Texas
641 Posts

Profile of BlakeAdams
Wow I cant believe hes making insight again. this is a must have book test
marcpaul
View Profile
New user
82 Posts

Profile of marcpaul
Most of you are aware that I very rarely post here. When I do it is normally because I have something worth saying well I've recently seen that Keith Fields has re-released Insight. This is something well worth talking about!

I have been performing the original Insight for years on a regular basis as part of my trade show act. It has always been a firm favourite with me in this environment as it is so flexible. I had been using other booktests but the problem had been that the same words can come up over and over again. I always take pride in fooling the booth staff as well as the customers which is why when Insight was released it solved all of the problems. If you don't know, Insight is probably one of the most flexible book test that there is. You can reveal words, names, numbers / dates. You can even PREDICT a word that has been freely chosen. In my trade show act I can therefore improvise every performace and deliver different information everytime. So when I heard that Insight was being reissued after years of not being available I had to get one...

The new Insight has a completely new title and cover yet the text inside is exactly the same. It's just as flexible, compact and brilliant as before, but with a new cover. This is great as I can now use it in conjunction with my other version enabling me to give an audience member a free choice. BUT what I really want to talk about is another book that Keith Fields is selling as part of a deal on Insight. (For September only you can get the New Insight and "Running the Numbers" for £70. After that the price will be £105). I really didn't know what to expect with "Running the Numbers". It's a similar size to Insight with a front cover photo full of numbers on what looks like old ticker tape. In fact the front cover has a clever reminder of what the f**** numbers are in the book. On the back cover is the normal blurb about the contents except this has a complete crib built into it for Insight! This now makes Insight so easy! You don't have to remember a thing. I was really impressed with this book as it enables you to f**** page numbers in other books, much like the Hoy booktest but without the mis-call. This is a very practical. Oh and by the way the numbers can be different for repeat bookings.

In my opinion this set of books are a bargain.
Daniel Lander
View Profile
Loyal user
Gloucestershire, England
286 Posts

Profile of Daniel Lander
Quote:
On 2008-09-02 06:01, marcpaul wrote:
BUT what I really want to talk about is another book that Keith Fields is selling as part of a deal on Insight. (For September only you can get the New Insight and "Running the Numbers" for £70. After that the price will be £105). I really didn't know what to expect with "Running the Numbers". It's a similar size to Insight with a front cover photo full of numbers on what looks like old ticker tape. In fact the front cover has a clever reminder of what the f**** numbers are in the book. On the back cover is the normal blurb about the contents except this has a complete crib built into it for Insight! This now makes Insight so easy! You don't have to remember a thing. I was really impressed with this book as it enables you to f**** page numbers in other books, much like the Hoy booktest but without the mis-call. This is a very practical. Oh and by the way the numbers can be different for repeat bookings.

Thanks Marc for the information on the second book.
Jerome Finley
View Profile
V.I.P.
SLC
3419 Posts

Profile of Jerome Finley
This is wonderful news. I own and used the original 'Insight' for a long time and felt there were very few really good booktests that fit MY STYLE available. Without a doubt 'Insight' and 'MOAB' take the cake (and Richard Webster's BT for 2! - hint, hint Smile ).

I love that the cover is different and can be used alongside the original for a very fair selection. I have two MOAB's as well, the hard and soft cover and with the two 'Insight' books, will definitely be using my routine again.

The re-release of 'Insight' is a wonderful opportunity for mentalists. It was incredibly difficult for me to get one of the originals and yet was one of the most rewarding seek and purchase missions I ever went on. The results were definitely worth it.

I'm very excited for this and have placed my order.

-Jerome
"Join my update list here!" http://eepurl.com/uE3Jf
Keith Raygor
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
956 Posts

Profile of Keith Raygor
I purchased the original 8 years ago, and it has repaid me handsomely. There are so many directions you can take this, with ease. If you like, you can give the impression of having read entire pages. I will purchase this next edition without hesitation.

I found the perfect place for the crib that has never been seen by anyone in performance, yet is in plain view for me. This helped until I had it memorized. For anyone that owns this, I'll be happy to share it if you PM me.
Keith Fields
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Keith Fields
Hey Guys, I am almost blushing! Thank you all for your kind words about Insight. If anyone has any suggestions for improvements I am always willing to listen. I know Insight is good but we are a long way from the perfrct book test yet.

Best

Keith Fields, creator of INSIGHT and more...
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6165 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Keith, keep us posted on your project. I'd love to pick up a copy once it's out.

greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Tim Hannig
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago area
1019 Posts

Profile of Tim Hannig
I am interested, too!
Make your show FUNNIER with Rindercella & Tim's announcements cd

Preshow Announcements Sample & INSTANT DOWNLOAD

Rindercella Story

[email]tim@pkshow.com[/email]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Insight available again! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL