The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tricks you can make? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

haywire
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia
760 Posts

Profile of haywire
I'm interested in making some tricks for BOR sales, packet tricks mostly. Besides 2 and 3 card monte sets, or the 3 card monte with the flap card, can anyone suggest packet tricks that are easy to make?

Steven
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
The Princess Card Trick comes to mind. You can also find Svengali decks in most Dollar stores.
Joey Stalin
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1077 Posts

Profile of Joey Stalin
Can you split cards?
-A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic.
-It is easier to fight for one's principles than to live up to them.
-The secret impresses no one. The trick you use it for is everything.

See you space cowboy...
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
B'Wave is OK and needs only four cards.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
204 Posts

Profile of Ronin
B'wave is a terrific trick, and it's also the invention and intellectual property of Phil Goldstein/Max Maven.

I say hands off that one.

Who's your primary market? You might be better off buying cheap Svengali or Stripper Decks. You can get these from companies like US Toy Company or Rhode Island Novelty for less than $1 apiece, and it would save you a lot of cutting and pasting.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
Tony Chris
View Profile
V.I.P.
Vancouver, Canada
716 Posts

Profile of Tony Chris
Hey Steven,

You can easily make the "spot card" or sometimes reffered to as "whats next". There are many versions of this on the market in jumbo form but I have seen lots of different versions (mostly home brewed) buy magic shops that sell in the smaller, cheaper versions without the kicker ending.

I know of some magicians that make them and put them in their loot bags at birthdays. Just buy a few packs of double blank sided cards and you can make hundreds of these babies!

You will be able to make the easy to do version which does not include the finale of the mo***g spots at the end.

Just watch this youtube video to see this dude performing the trick. You will know where to place the stick on dots by watching it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVv27sWl26c

You only need one double blank sided card and the little red stick on colored circles that you can purchase by the thousands at any office supply sotre like office depot, staples etc. They are so cheap to buy.

They are really easy to make and will set you back only pennies per unit.

You could also make a 3 way magicians ch***e packet trick with 3 cards, 1 envelope and a plastic packet case. Label the 3 predictions as needed and you have a very easy to do and powerful little packet trick.

Easy to make, fun to perform and cheap to produce.

Tony
As magicians we create what onlookers call magic. If they truly believe in what we have created for them to witness then magic is real!!!

- TONY CHRIS, A.K.A. Zany Zack

http://www.tonychris.com
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4395 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2008-09-01 05:15, haywire wrote:
I'm interested in making some tricks for BOR sales, packet tricks mostly. Besides 2 and 3 card monte sets, or the 3 card monte with the flap card, can anyone suggest packet tricks that are easy to make?

Steven

NO.
MagicMunkey
View Profile
New user
Nashville
58 Posts

Profile of MagicMunkey
Two regular cards with instructions for a Card Warp.
Seven regular cards (six cards plus a duplicate of one of the six)with instructions for a Magicians Force (6 Card Draw).
OK, kind of lame but I'm new at cards and that's the best I could think of that hasn't already been mentioned
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Please help me finding the right name of this.

In my last posting I did not meant B'Wave exactly and I respect the rights of Max Maven.

I only know the german name of this effect. It is somehow similar to B'Wave but there is no force so it is easier for beginner magicians or laymen. It uses 2 double backed cards (red/blue), one King of Hearts / Diamonds with a red back and one King of Spades / Clubs with a blue back.

You leave the cards in the wallet until the suit is named. Depending of the name you pull out the cards accordingly. You can show that the named King has turned up and has a different back color. You cannot show the rest of the cards.

What is the english name for this effect and who invented it?
Thanks for your help.
Christian
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
Christian,
don't worry! What you are talking about is NOT B'wave. It is a very old trick called "My favorite King" still manufactured by Royal Magic today. I remember having it in one of my magic sets a very long time ago. So Phil Goldsteins rights are not violated. B'wave is a development of this trick with an added climax: the other 3 cards are shown blank. Today, there are many variations of B'wave. Alain Nu published a version using ordinary cards.
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
543 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Christian;
That would be "Parade of the Kings", marketed by Supreme Magic Company in 1969 with instructions by Ken DeCourcy.

It was a variation of an earlier Davenport trick called "Any Queen Called For"

The "Any Queen Called For" enabled you to show whatever queen named as the only reversed card.

The "Parade of the Kings" by utilizing the Red/Blue double backers and the split face kings, was an improvemnet that allowed you to not only show the named king reversed, but to show it had a different colored back.

"B'Wave" allows you to show the named king or queen (depending on your set) and show that the other cards are blanks faces. Of course you have to present this a particular way in order to do that (without giving away the workings of the effect).

Personally, I like "Parade of the Kings", but I do use "B'Wave" a lot as well.

Then you can kick it up a bit and use John Bannon's great effect "Twisted Sister" which gives you an additional climax of the transposition and finish. Soft of like "B'Wave" on steroids.lol

All are good, but I do believe that a good 3 card monte with the flap would be the best suited for what Haywire wishes to do for back of the room sales. This also would not infringe on anyones rights in regards to marketed card effects.

Hope that helps
All the Best
Marty
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Tricks you can make? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL