The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Spirit" - amazing and spooky effects (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
This is spooky stuff...

When Mac showed me this set of effects I was absolutely blown away. The little rough demo he sent to me a litle over 3 months ago left my mind full of presentation possibilities. It's not everyday that an effect combines the magic with psychic elements so seamlessly:

SPIRIT : A tarot card is freely selected by a participant keeping the card's identity to herself.She is asked to stare into the card and truly connect to it. She then selects 2 other cards. the 3 cards are laid on the table. They are covered by 3 indifferent cards. The spectator hovers her hand over each pile. when she comes to the pile with her card in it the cover card moves off it as if a spirit blew it to one side revealing the participants card.

Interestingly the performers hands never came close to the cards,they stayed folded.All the cards can be inspected. If you can't create a surreal atsmophere with this effect you should consider a career in accounting. I have performed this for my aunty with her tarot deck. She is into all those things and does readings for people as a hobby. She thinks now I'm possessed. I'm avoiding prayer meetings at her house.

THE SPIRIT OF JACK :A playing card version. The magician tells the story of Jack Daniels, in addition to being a fine alcohol maker, was also a magician. A card is selected by a spectator. 2 other cards are selected. The 3 cards are covered by indifferent cards. A shot of Jack is hovered over each pile. When it is hovered over the pile containing the selection the cover cards move away revealing the selection. Proving that the spirit of Jack still has the magic.

Borrowed deck. Perform at a moments notice.

LIES AND DECEIT :Your grandfathers coin is handed out to the 4 spectators. One spectator plays the part of the liar the rest tell the truth.You ask each spectator the same question "do you have the coin? Everyone answers "no". You then have each spectator write his name down each on a business card. The four cards are placed in a line. You ask the liar to step forward. One card slides forward. It it turned
over. It's John! You ask john to please hand you the coin. He does.

- Borrowed Cards

ONE WISH : A spectator is asked to write down 3 wishes each on a business card. A symbol of luck is placed in her hand. she concentrates on each wish card. One card moves towards her. It the wish that is most likely to come true.

-Borrowed Cards

Mac is busy working on his new site as well as writing up some startling new effects. Some of you in here have received copies of different effects. The 3 of you that have received the Spirit document well done on keeping this quiet. I don't know if this is Mac's next release or the price or even the url for his new site (lol) but I couldn't help telling you guys about this!

I might post the demo on youtube if Mac says it's okay. guys, you're gonna love this!!!

Rob.
Dizzidiz
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Dizzidiz
The basic version of SPIRIT was shown to me by y2john over webcam. it was insanely clean. I can't wait for this to be released.
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha ha... if you thought these looked great on webcam, then wait till you see them done live.

Mac shared this with me some time back, in fact it was at last years halloween that I first saw a performance of what is now to be known as 'SPIRIT', and I loved what I saw.
The presentations that Mac has included are SPIRIT, THE SPIRIT OF JACK, LIES AND DECEIT, and ONE WISH.
ONE WISH is a personal fave presentation wise, the moment the wish begins moving forward and it's the one they desire most of all... it's a great moment.

I could post all sorts of hype, but will let you see for yourselves and form your own opinion without any influence from us... the material will speak for itself.

I think I will leave it at that for now, just wanted to chime in to let you know that this will be the next release from Mac, and that he is busy getting the site up and ready.

Mac has got some truly amazing things coming up, seriously so, from a collection of envelope material which contains a stunning looking bank night/persuasion/influence style piece... Nishana, a great remote viewing piece... Color, which is just unreal, though I can't go anymore into this as I've been sworn to secrecy, but their is a reason why this is one of Macs most guarded pieces... a coin in bottle that is unlike any others that have come before, and it is at peace alongside Lucid as both are entirely different things, but how and why is a secret for the time being... then theirs stuff to do with drawing dupes, bar magic, and a card through window.

Keep an eye out, Mac has some cool things that will be revealed over time.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
It certainly sounds interesting. Who is Mac and were will this be released, or is that a secret!
Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ha ha, Mac is the creator of Lucid CIB and Crystal.

He is working on getting a site up, this will be where he will make his material available.

Im sure he will post all the info you will need within the next few days, I just wanted to come on to confirm that the effect the others mentioned is indeed Macs next release, as well as give a taster of what is to come from him.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I think Mac lives in paradise New Zealand!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
He lives in South Africa. Mac said he will shoot a proper demo as the one I have is not for public consumption...or something.
Ugly Phil
View Profile
New user
38 Posts

Profile of Ugly Phil
Yeah whats the release date on this?
R. Dunn
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of R. Dunn
Should be around the end of the month. A demo might be out before that.
Frank A. Glastone
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Frank A. Glastone
I like the sound of these effects. The wish one might become the work horse of every magician trying to meet women! lol.

Its also great that you guys have been working on this for so long and getting it polished with numerous variations. The tarot cards will be out of place when I perform at the pub but the Jack Daniels one seems to be ideal.

Waiting on the demo now.
centermagic
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of centermagic
Wow I realy love the sounds of this. I too would like to see a demo. I love tarot cards and need something cool to do with them other then readings.
Royce K.
View Profile
New user
London
89 Posts

Profile of Royce K.
Any news on this?

Royce K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » "Spirit" - amazing and spooky effects (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL