The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Drawing Room Deceptions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hojeesum
View Profile
New user
Seattle
52 Posts

Profile of hojeesum
Hey Guys

I was wondering if anyone has this book and what they think of it. What routines are in the book and is restoration a hard effect to pull off. From some videos I've seen online its seems somewhat awkward. Thanks!
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
Yes, Its great!

It has gambling, voodoo, prediction, reformation, triumph, and many more!

Yes, it's very hard.
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
202 Posts

Profile of Ronin
Hey Hojeesum,

There's a "Guy Hollingworth" thread in the cards section of the Café--a lot of debate on the topic of "Guy Hollingworth: too complicated or not?"

I love the book. I consider "Reformation" to be quite intricate, but also consider the effect to be worth it.

The style of the book, and the thinking in it are (to my mind) wonderful. But most of it is fairly advanced card magic. There is a voodoo effect that is quite easy and a real killer, though.
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
jlareau
View Profile
Loyal user
Henrietta NY / Chicago Ill
220 Posts

Profile of jlareau
I love Hollingworth's book. Yes, it has some very complicated moves, but at the same time it has some very simple and powerful priciples that most people don't think of. It is a very useful tool, and one that I constantly go back to when I want to get ideas for rethinking a particular move/trick/idea.

I think my favorite move in his book is his version of the pass. It is a little more elaborate than most other versions but I find it very easy to do.

jlareau
:bluebikes:
Jonathan Lareau A.K.A "Jonny Card Trick"
"Imagination is more important than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

Feel free to check out my website www.jonlareau.com
danny
View Profile
Loyal user
England
254 Posts

Profile of danny
Is all the magic based around a jacket too? I thought I would ask this because I don't think many beginners reading this will be wearing suits. I could be wrong though.
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
No: no jacket needed (mostly). There's a chapter which depends on having a specific item of bespoke clothing. The Cassandra Quandary is excellent and so is the (genuinely) torn and (apparently) restored card (not the Reformation). It's not really a beginner's book.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Drawing Room Deceptions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL