The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Savings Tool for Printer Ink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Looking to save on ink? Given up (wisely) on manually refilling your cartridges?

Amazon's new Ink & Toner Finder tool finds lowest buy-through-Amazon prices on off-brand cartridges made for your printer. Just give the tool your printer brand, series, and model number, and it returns all ink cartridges that will work with your printer.

Let me say that I don't buy through Amazon, I currently use the ones from inkgrabber.com and am very pleased.

But if you want to quickly narrow down which off-brands support your printer, and go directly to Amazon purchase links, it's a quick way to get the results you're looking for and save a few bucks.

LINK
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Speaking of printers, I have a question.

I have a laser printer and toner is almost $70.

Does the inexpensive toner from ebay good, or will it damage my printer? I found some for about $15.

Thanks
-Matt
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
I only know about inkjet, myself - sorry.
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Big Jeff
View Profile
Loyal user
300 Posts

Profile of Big Jeff
Find a local company that remanufactures the toner cartridges. You should save atleast $20. The ones on ebay are just refilled with toner and they use the same parts over again. Toner cartridges were designed to be used once and thrown away, the parts aren't made to last more than one use. Most remanufacturers will replace the things that wearout and you get prints that are as good as a new one.

I would stay away from something that is to much less than new. You get what you pay for.
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Best tip: Ignore the "OMG YOU'RE OUT OF TONER/INK" message until your printouts actually start to look bad. I've been using my "OUT OF INK!!!" cartridge for about six months now with no fading at all.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » New Savings Tool for Printer Ink (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL