The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Colour (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

baal
View Profile
Regular user
104 Posts

Profile of baal
Hello. simple question- what colour of waistcoat and bow tie or cummerbund and bow tie for this suit and shirt???
Simon

Click here to view attached image.
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
You really shouldn't be wearing a waistcoat with a suit that wasn't explicitly made to be a three piece suit nor should you be wearing a cummerbund if it is not a tuxedo.

Black on black can be very difficult to pull off well, but if that is important to you, the best suited bow tie would probably be black as well.

Japanese designer Yohji Yamamoto did some excellent all black collections so I'd recommend looking him up for inspiration.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
Westfield, North Carolina, USA
449 Posts

Profile of The Great Danton
Red also looks alright, and I've worn silver, with black on black. I pulled it off with flying colours, you might just have by trial and error.
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Does your stage set (tables, backdrop, etc.) have a color theme? If so, it might be nice to tie into that.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Simon
I have a collection of sequened vests (waistcoats) that I wear, most times without a tie.

The great danton
I would never wear red, because in my opinion it is the color worn mostly by big fat women.

Ken
I like the way you think presenting the total image.

Natanel
I'm afraid I will never measure up to your standards.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
Quote:
On 2008-09-16 07:59, Al Angello wrote:

Natanel
I'm afraid I will never measure up to your standards.

Al: My budget doesn't really let me measure up to my own standards either, lol! Don't worry you are still well ahead of so many tacky magicians that are a never-ending source of frustration to me.
People who work for Theory 11: Do you want a young guy without a stupid gelled haircut or eurotrash jeans for your videos? PM me.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

I have a very nice red bow tie, I think it's all about "how" you wear it. I wouldn't wear a red vest... But at Christmas, the red tie looks fine.

Are you calling yourself a fat lady, Al? I couldn't help but notice you are wearing red in your picture. =P

Nathanel,
What are some of the sites you visit for ideas/guidance on your fashion journey?

Danton
"You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden; nor does anyone light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on the lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house."
Natanel
View Profile
Special user
739 Posts

Profile of Natanel
For shopping yoox.com is a wonderful site that discounts a lot of last season and overstock designer items. Eluxury.com is good as well.

I frequent some fashion forums like styleforum.net which are very helpful too.
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Thanks a lot, I'll take a look at those.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
On 2008-09-05 11:52, baal wrote:
Hello. simple question- what colour of waistcoat and bow tie or cummerbund and bow tie for this suit and shirt???
Simon

There's only one vest that would look great with that outfit - a Color Change Vest!!! Smile) LOL! ;-)
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
1604 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
Stop with the SOLID BLACK already!
We'll catch ya on the Back of the Cereal Box!
Johnny
www.johnnybeyond.com
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

AGREED.

I would like to see, Black shirt, OTHER color jacket, or Black jacket OTHER color shirt. I have worn black on black as said before, but it was also for a themed show (don't know if I mentioned that before), I now wear a white shirt, and colorful tie when I wear my black jacket. Unless I am doing a formal show, in which case it's the tails and white tie for me.

With the right twist I suppose it could be pulled off, but it's being done too much now.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
OK Mr. Danton
I wear red shirts, ties, suspenders, but only as an accent color. I would never wear a red hat, jacket, or pants (shoes maybe). Actually most of the time I wear blue, yellow, or purple with black pants, hat, shoes, and socks.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
The Great Danton
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

I see... so as long as it's a shirt, tie, or braces, red is okay?

I wouldn't be caught dead in red pants.. and only if the shoes were converse All stars, but I'd probably wear white ones of those.. so.. I think I agree with you on that. =P
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
Whats wrong with red pants?
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Elite user
449 Posts

Well, I have a friend who thinks it's okay to wear tight women's snakeskin pants (well, I say a friend, what I mean is, I know and work with...).

I'm afraid he has forever turned me against red pants.

I'm however, in the market for a burgundy velvet dinner jacket. It's not what you think Al, I just want it for Halloween! I promise! =P
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » Colour (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL