The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » My next deck? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
I was on ebay looking to buy a couple of gaffed decks but I'm not sure what deck I should get next. I have Brainwave, Invisible Deck, Svengali, Stripper.
Without revealing how they work, can anyone suggest some decks, and describe the effects.
Thanks
Justin.

(please don't just tell me to get a regular deck and RRTCM, I already have those. I'm trying to start a gaffed deck collection)
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
David Regal's books have several gaffed deck effects in them that are very strong.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6135 Posts

Profile of motown
Here's just a few worth checking out from David's books & DVDs:

-The Deja Vu deck
-Pasteboard Massacre
-Tripe Vision
-Deep guilt Aces
-Prophecy Pack
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
pabloinus
View Profile
Inner circle
1681 Posts

Profile of pabloinus
Simon Lovell sells a gaffed deck with 2 dvd, and the gaffed deck allow you to do several tricks mcdonald aces, 3 card monte, etc. I don't recall the name of the deck.
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Is this the one? Simon Lovell's PACKET KILLER (2-DVD SET W/ DECK) found it at Diamond Magic price $50.00.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Yeah he's talking about packet killer
http://magicvault.net/store/index.php?ac......uctId=69 for $43

But that's a bunch of packet tricks put together to form a deck. I'm looking more for something like the invisible deck, or the stripper deck for my collection.

can anyone enlighten me as to what a cheek to cheek deck is, or how about a split deck? those and many others are on ebay with no explanation as to the effect.
thanks
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Cheek to Cheek IIRC is a Triumph effect.
Magic is a vanishing art.
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
The stripper deck, with one of many DVDs, such as Strip, or My Night with a Stripper, or 25 Tricks with a Stripper Deck, will give you a versatile tool to use for a number of very different effects, beyond the basic few that come with the deck. Of course, you already have one, but these DVDs may give you some ways to use it that you didn't know. Also, a marked deck can provide you with many different effects. For single trick gaff decks, there are so many to choose from. I would either do a search here for favorite gaffed decks, or scan a large online catalog, pick out the effects that tickle your fancy, and then check out whether it has been reviewed or discussed on the Café, for example, or another forum. Some of my favorites are Spreadwave (freely selected card spelled out when cards are spread), Chaos 2 (interesting take on the Triumph), Stranger in Paradise (kind of Brainwave with two decks, the card freely selected from red backed deck is the only one missing from a blue backed deck held by the spectator throughout the effect, and the selected card is then turned over and has a blue back), In a Flash (signed quarter burns a hole through a deck to rest on top of selected and signed card). There are seemingly millions of other fun ones.

John
Leo Reynolds Jr
View Profile
Special user
864 Posts

Profile of Leo Reynolds Jr
Try Split Deck -The deck is diagonally cut in half so you have two matching half decks. Two spectators are shown a separate half of the cards. Each spectator freely selects a half card from their stack, not showing it to anyone. The cards are shown to be all different. The spectator's selected cards are shown and both are a perfect match.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Wow that sounds like a cool effect, I think I just might get that one.
Bryn Williams
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Bryn Williams
As a "one trick" deck, I like Cardtoon.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1624 Posts

Profile of bugjack
I love Charles Reynold's "Force of Thought" deck.
Chappo
View Profile
Special user
Bris Vegas
754 Posts

Profile of Chappo
Quote:
On 2008-09-08 18:44, JustLoco wrote:
Yeah he's talking about packet killer
http://magicvault.net/store/index.php?ac......uctId=69 for $43

But that's a bunch of packet tricks put together to form a deck...

Not quite. The contents of the Packet Killer Deck can be utilised in a variety of packet tricks, but there are several custom gaffs that can be implemented within standard deck routines. Some of the effects with these gaffs on the DVD really pack a punch, and I would not hesitate in recommending it.
The rules of a sleight of hand artist, Are three, and all others are vain,

The 1st & the 2nd are practice... And the 3rd one is practice again

- 'Magic of the Hands', Edward Victor (1940)
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Packet Killer is excellent, not only because the number of solid dime tested effects that you get, but because of Simon's unique, easy to digest teaching style. Very good stuff. As far as gaffed deck I definitely agree with Cardtoon
howie3
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of howie3
I like Ship Deck from J.B. Magic.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
The Mirage deck is a Svengali deck you can spread face up to show the cards are all different.
JustLoco
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles, Ca
111 Posts

Profile of JustLoco
Does that work similar to the way an invisible deck works?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1758 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Try my Jurassic Deck, where you have handwritten movietitles on the backs of the cards. After making a prediction of your favourite movie title (Jurassic Park) you let the spectator choose a card (no force) and it perfectly matches your prediction.

Not bad at first sight, but after all: when you turn the deck face down again all cards (including the card case) turned into a collectable deck of Jurassic Park to show that the spectator had really no free choice. A weird illusion and easy to perform.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Now since promoting self manufactured decks seems to be ok; take a look at my CardMaker Deck here: http://www.magicbycardmaker.com/pageID_5072752.html

A brilliant tool for the serious card worker!
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
723 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Yes, the Mirage Deck has the same "mechanism" as the Invisible Deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » My next deck? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL