The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has Anyone Built A Mismade Lady? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
I'm interested in purchasing plans for Mismade Lady. Has anyone ever built this illusion, or do you think it would be difficult to build? Also, do you like this illusion? Would you recommend it? Thanks for your help.
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
This illusion (secret) has been shown on TV to all the world (MASKED MAGICIAN).
I think there is no sense.
Build new illusions. Smile
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Oh really? That is disappointing... Thanks for the heads up. By the way, does anyone know where I might be able to find copies of the masked magician "specials?" It would be a good idea to see what other tricks I should avoid doing...
james_
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of james_
Hello! Just a quick note! The Mismade Girl Illusion is an excellent illusion! It plays very well to a family audience. I have been performing it for over 20 years and it gets a tremendous response. Isn't that what you want? Yes, it is true that the masked magician on fox exposed it. Funny thing however, when that aired I continued to keep it in the show and it made NO difference! People really have a short memory and No attention to detail. If I were you I would not let that prevent me from doing a superb illusion. The design and constuction ARE important however to make sure the illusion is deceptive. The inventer Chuck Jones is still performing it and it is a treat to see him do what many believe has become a classic in illusionary magic! Lance Burton is performing TWO in his show right now! So you have options.... Best of luck!
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I haven't built one, but I would certainly say don't let the MM stop you from putting one in your show. Even if he did show the secret, his performance ability and presentation are extremely poor, so chances are your audience (those that have seen AND remember the MM episode - probably about 4%) will be entertained by your presentation of it anyway!
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
ya, don't let MM stop u from this. & i notice laymen have very short 'magical memory'.
never try, never know
Backroomboy
View Profile
Regular user
David
114 Posts

Profile of Backroomboy
Unless you have a trapped floor, I would go with twister or some comparable effect. "No guts" seems to play well.
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Quote:
This illusion (secret) has been shown on TV to all the world (MASKED MAGICIAN).
I think there is no sense.

I must have missed this episode? Is it the new Masked Magician, or Valentino?

Quote:
Unless you have a trapped floor

This is not necessary for the Missmade Lady, but your staging is most important - angles, lighting, choreography
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
alexkrey
View Profile
Elite user
RUSSIA
411 Posts

Profile of alexkrey
VALENTINO!
Alex Krey
---------------------------
http://www.alexkrey.com
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Biff, as a builder, I would recommend you get the Osborne plans, and
read and re-read them over and over until you fully understand them. The illusion is not really a first build illusion, but it can be done, if you take your time and proceed slowly. I would also strongly advise making a jig that would assure each box being square as you assemble it. This is very important. If you are not familiar with making jigs, then check with an older woodworker in your area. We older guys have been building jigs to help with construction of wood items for years. Farm out the blades, I know that you probably feel that you can do them yourself, but unless you have metal working experience, these are better left to someone who knows what they are doing. They are not as easy as they look. Once you get the plans and if you have questions, which I know you will, give me a shout and I'll guide you through the construction and materials. Also if you are planning on building this, do not skimp on materials, use the best AA grade cabinet birch plywood to build the boxes, the old saying is so true, if you are going to do it, then do it right the first time. Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing with it.
All the Best
Marty
biff_g
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
240 Posts

Profile of biff_g
Thanks for all of the help everyone! I appreciate all of the offers for building tips and answering questions. I'm starting to rethink my choice, because I didn't even think about the blades, which I imagine would not be easy to construct. Thanks again.
james_
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of james_
There is a method with ungimmicked blades.if you would like assistance you can pm me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Has Anyone Built A Mismade Lady? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL