The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » TAOM 2009 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1354 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
A very accurate report, Scott. The Hotel was Great, one of the best I've been in.
My wife is a Hotel Supervisor here, and SHE was even impressed. We stayed an extra day to drive back Tuesday, and they had a DJ and BBQ at the pool on Labor day, so that was a very relaxing day! I did close up for the few lay people that were hanging around the poolside bar.

The convention, wew! Very impressive. My hilights were: I got to hug Adele Friel Rhindress, I cried at Roger's Tribute, and laughed so hard at Bill Malone my eyes watered.
I got to see and say hello to some of my favorite Pro's, including Ken, Oscar, Ice, and Ammar. And the Garcia lecture impressed me with some of his up to date real world magic. He had some stuff that you can use in the real world. It was good to see Bill Palmer and Paul Green again. I got to see some new faces(to me) like Mike Bent, Glenn Strange, and Huot and Yannick
I spent way too much in the dealers room.
One of the reasons I go to conventions is for the dealers, to find new materials for my next years show. ( Plus I collect magic and also love it as a hobby)
I miss the dealers show. I know there was no time for it. But with less dealers room hours, I think a one hour dealers show at the beginning of the convention would give each dealer time to show their best something. In the past I would take notes, and then I could buy stuff in the room without waisting time having to hang around looking for the new good stuff. I miss so much good stuff, as there never is enough time to spend with every dealer, and when I do get to one, they might not be doing their best stuff. I would probabaly spend more money if there was a quick dealers show. I miss there being a dealers show and I feel I miss a lot of good magic.
I did get some DVD's, some books and a very nice out of print book, some close-up, a couple of small stage effect, some collectables, lots of lecture notes, a subscritption to Reel Magic, Ammar has my coat for a Topit, and the MagicBase Pro to finally organize my hundreds of clients.

Can't wait for next year!

ACE
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » TAOM 2009 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL