The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Aces trick as seen on Mindfreak (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
Ahhhhh... but you can "show" the fronts and backs of the disappearing ace packets.
;)
Magic is a vanishing art.
ejohn
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta
652 Posts

Profile of ejohn
Nerdini, I believe you are thinking of Brother John Hamman's Final Ace Routine. The assembly is done three times, each time more impossibly. It is pretty!
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 19:06, ejohn wrote:
Nerdini, I believe you are thinking of Brother John Hamman's Final Ace Routine. The assembly is done three times, each time more impossibly. It is pretty!

Thanks, I thought I remembered reading it in one of my card books, and of course there it was in the big Kaufman and Greenberg "the Secrets of Bro. John Hammond"
book that I bought back in 1989. I also remember now that I never went past reading about it since I couldn't find the 6 different gimmicked cards that were needed anywhere at that time.

Actually, I've just done some searches and still can't find either the cards or the marketed version of the trick. I think Gene DeVoe of St. Louis had the marketing rights, but his place is long gone by now.

I guess I'll keep looking. Somebody probably carries them.

Thanks again
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2551 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 11:55, Nerdini wrote:
Along these same lines, does anybody know the name of the four ace assembly routine (or routines) that use mis-pipped double index cards rather than double backers?...

At the risk of exposure, Simon Aronson also has a routine called O'Aronson Aces which uses double indexers. The full routine and cards can be purchased at: http://www.simonaronson.com/tricks.htm
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
edh
View Profile
Inner circle
4698 Posts

Profile of edh
If you want just the cards contact - http://www.martinismagic.com/

He will set you straight. And a resonable price too.
Magic is a vanishing art.
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
220 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
I found a source for the Hamman cards--Cards by Martin carries them. Evidently there is another effect called Atomic Aces that also uses the exact same set.

The Aronson routine sounds interesting, but I wonder if his cards would also work
for the Hamman routine.

Cheers
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2551 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Ashamed to admit but I'm not familiar with the Hammond routine. Aronson's routine ends with a nice kicker where the aces suddenly end up in the hand of the spectator.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Aces trick as seen on Mindfreak (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL