The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I love her, she’s a keeper... and I like my new Zibit too! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
This will act as my Zibit journal feel free to comment

So I found out about Zibits last January and I knew I had to have one. Back in March my curiosity peeked and I had to buy Doug’s manuscript to see what the system was all about. That was a big mistake because that’s when I realized I had to have one of these fine pieces of art. What’s the big deal you say? Well I started performing full time again last year, which can be difficult and on top of that I had a wedding coming up so needless to say my money was tight. (Still is, but lucky for me I’ve got a sugar Mama) A few months back I found out that the bride and groom are supposed to buy each other gifts that are special and mean something. For a dumb guy that means two things (1) I have to figure out what to get her... (2) I have to spend more money... together this equals more waiting for my desired Zibit. And to top it off Kelley (my bride to be) knew what she was getting me way before I had decided on what to get her. So I forgot bout Zibits… and even magic all attention went to the big day.

Finally the wedding day came and it was a blast, literally we had fireworks. A wizard that many of you may know as Kenton Knepper married us. We had about ten magicians perform at our cocktail party. A juggler performed at our reception and the theme of the wedding was glow in the dark. A fun time was had by all.

At the end of the night in our honeymoon sweet we decided to open our gifts to each other. Kelley’s favorite band is Matchbox 20, so I had a guy referred by Michael Finney build a custom shadow box for her with all of Kelly’s memorabilia from their last tour including a CD cover autographed by the band. She loved it... Thank God!

Then it was my turn. There was a white US mail box nothing to fancy. I opened the box up to find… another box. But this one was special; it was wrapped in brown paper with question marks drawn on it. The thought was in my head that it could be a Zibit, but then I came to my senses and I called it a mystery box. I opened the box to find lots of packing paper and finally I saw it. My strange thing! My new wife had been working with Doug Higley for several weeks and she bought me an authentic Atomic Death Worm… as my wedding gift! Now that my friends is love! Did I mention she’s hot too? (Kelley not the Death Worm)

I’ve framed the “documents” already and have found a case that I’ll buy this weekend for the Zibit itself. I’m getting a quote on banners tomorrow and have several locations in mind to exhibit my Zibit. I’ll keep you all posted as things progress.

Thank you Kelley and Doug!

Click here to view attached image.
I have a daily web show all about magic at http://FitzMagic.info
Harley Newman
View Profile
Inner circle
5112 Posts

Profile of Harley Newman
Congratulations on so many successful events!
“You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus” -Mark Twain

www.bladewalker.com
fettucinibrother
View Profile
Veteran user
North Carolina
306 Posts

Profile of fettucinibrother
Quote:
On 2008-09-13 02:18, wizard_of_oddities wrote:
This will act as my Zibit journal feel free to comment

So I found out about Zibits last January and I knew I had to have one. Back in March my curiosity peeked and I had to buy Doug’s manuscript to see what the system was all about. That was a big mistake because that’s when I realized I had to have one of these fine pieces of art. What’s the big deal you say? Well I started performing full time again last year, which can be difficult and on top of that I had a wedding coming up so needless to say my money was tight. (Still is, but lucky for me I’ve got a sugar Mama) A few months back I found out that the bride and groom are supposed to buy each other gifts that are special and mean something. For a dumb guy that means two things (1) I have to figure out what to get her... (2) I have to spend more money... together this equals more waiting for my desired Zibit. And to top it off Kelley (my bride to be) knew what she was getting me way before I had decided on what to get her. So I forgot bout Zibits… and even magic all attention went to the big day.

Finally the wedding day came and it was a blast, literally we had fireworks. A wizard that many of you may know as Kenton Knepper married us. We had about ten magicians perform at our cocktail party. A juggler performed at our reception and the theme of the wedding was glow in the dark. A fun time was had by all.

At the end of the night in our honeymoon sweet we decided to open our gifts to each other. Kelley’s favorite band is Matchbox 20, so I had a guy referred by Michael Finney build a custom shadow box for her with all of Kelly’s memorabilia from their last tour including a CD cover autographed by the band. She loved it... Thank God!

Then it was my turn. There was a white US mail box nothing to fancy. I opened the box up to find… another box. But this one was special; it was wrapped in brown paper with question marks drawn on it. The thought was in my head that it could be a Zibit, but then I came to my senses and I called it a mystery box. I opened the box to find lots of packing paper and finally I saw it. My strange thing! My new wife had been working with Doug Higley for several weeks and she bought me an authentic Atomic Death Worm… as my wedding gift! Now that my friends is love! Did I mention she’s hot too? (Kelley not the Death Worm)

I’ve framed the “documents” already and have found a case that I’ll buy this weekend for the Zibit itself. I’m getting a quote on banners tomorrow and have several locations in mind to exhibit my Zibit. I’ll keep you all posted as things progress.

Thank you Kelley and Doug!

What a great story. Thanks for sharing. Who was the juggler that performed at your wedding?
AL
http://www.fettucinibrothers.com
http://www.greatfettucini.com
http://www.fettucinientertainment.com

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool - William Shakespeare
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Well she may have been "working with doug" but it is pretty clear that she was not moddeling for him (unless you also meant that the ADW is also HOT -although I cant see a ADW being hot!).

Cngrats ......
1) on getting married
2) on choosing a great woman - who looks the part and also KNOWS quality work!
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
The juggler is a local illusionist and juggler named Craig Davis. He is amazing (I work for him doing sound and lights so I have to say that) but in all honesty he is great. He does five torches on a slack rope, and he does three machetes truly blindfolded on a unicycle. Most of his illusions are original and he builds them himself. Recently he has built illusions for Andre Kole. He's a good guy and a great friend.

http://www.Davismagic.com
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Oh you lier!

I looked at his wb site...... He does not jusggle three machetes whilst blindfolded on a unicycle!

He does the above whilst on top of a small piece of wood on top of 2 a frame thingies as well! How could you leaved that part out?

Looks like a great Guy! But more importantly he has a belly dancer for an assistant! Im guessing that's why he is blingfolded - so he is not put off? Smile

Any how I hope married life is treating you well? Both of you.......Your a lucky man! Kelly - you could do better! (call me!) Smile Sorry stealing gazzo material now!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Your story is wonderful! Thank you for sharing. Today is a very special day for me also. It is the first day that I will be showing my new ADW. My wife didn't buy it for me, but she loves it!

And Dave, how can you say that the ADW isn't hot? Take a Geiger counter to it to "see" what it looks like in the beta-particle spectrum. It's hotter than Area 51!

Yours,

Paul
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Smile

Nice one paul!

I do think the ADW looks great! But is it really raio active - this is a great touch Doug!
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
Dear Dave,

There's chalk on your back. Stay well!

Yours,

Paul
Rappel
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis Tn.
303 Posts

Profile of Rappel
Congratulations! And welcome to the club.

Rappel
Stephon
View Profile
Special user
Maryland, USA
911 Posts

Profile of Stephon
Quote:
On 2008-09-14 18:09, drwilson wrote:
Dear Dave,

L(augh) O(ut) L(oud)
~Les S. Moore, The Dapper Dipper
Swami Yomahmi and Cheeky Monkey Sideshow

"Comedy is a man in trouble." ~Bill Irwin
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Wow, great story - she totally rocks.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4468 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2008-09-14 18:09, drwilson wrote:
Dear Dave,

Yours,

Paul

R U trying to tell me I am a mark! Smile

Hell I ma happy to be taken (have you seen his wife? ...... oh boy am I in trouble here! ,,,, now would be a great time to stop digging!)
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Journal entry number 2 "The Box"

Well I had done a lot of research on the Atomic Death Worm and before I even had mine I new what box should work perfectly. So Kelley and I went to Michael's Craft store to pick it up and the box was 40% off! The original price was $49.99. (Kelley paid... she is a keeper) I chose a basketball display case I had been scoping out for some time. It was almost perfect it's a 10" by 10" cube. The board that my ADW is mounted to is about 9" by 10". The only problem was the base of the box has a lip on it so I glued and screwed a small piece of 2by3 to the center of the box base. Next I adhered some velcro to the block and the bottom of my ADW base and now it raises the whole thing in the box allowing it to close. If anyone has any other ideas feel free to share. I love this box because it has a mirror in the back so you can see the backside of the ADW as well. The mirror will also be a great place for the "punctuation".

Here is a link to a temporary web page showing the box and Atomic Death Worm. This site will likely be pulled down in a few days or sooner if Doug would like.

http://www.topsecretentertainment.com/ADW

Thanks for reading this and if your thinking about getting one of these creatures just do it! It's a lot of fun and I haven't even made a dime YET.

Next up banners (no pictures will be posted)

Fitz
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Shouldn't the title of this post have been:

"Love Her, She's a Keeper... and I Like My New Wife, Too!"
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Thank you Fitz...you are most welcome to be sure. Kelly is a 'Dream Date' and you got to leave her in your diggs!!! Gorgeous lady.

I get the requests for weird stuff for Anniversaries and Brthdays and Christmas presents all the time but I think this was the first Wedding Gift!!

One of the more prominant birthday boys to get a Zibit on his big day was Paul Gross (Hocus Pocus) who's son caught him drooling on my site more than once. haha.
Happy Birthday Paul...you have a good kid there!

Congratz on the wedding...what you need to do now is be the keeper for her...she showed her colors...we'll ALL be watching you!

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Journal #3 banners and a gig...

I should have my banners at the beginning of next week.

It looks like I have booked my new Zibit at a haunted house for the next five weeks along with my sideshow. I'v been working the haunt trying to get them to book me for a while but there facades have blown down a few times costing them big bucks to replace them. I think the guy felt bad and has been busy so he never responded to me. I popped in today to sell him on the Zibit idea to do a split of the admission and instead he wants me to do the sideshow (for a smaller fee) but I can work my Zibit and keep 100% of the take.

I also was offered a Tech gig with a very big name in magic for an immediate position...

Things are looking good

Fitz

P.S. Doug I'll be calling you soon, I love this stuff...
abigkahuna/1
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of abigkahuna/1
I used my atomic death worm as a blow off this year at the Oregon State Fair. Minimum information regarding the creature, suffice it to say that government workers would try and gather up the skittering creatures for a couple of decades after they began popping up. Later on they just gave up. I also placed a rad meter in with the exhibit and adjusted the meter. If folks asked, I would just say that we are keeping an eye on it.

For more questions, I would relate the story of how I was at a filling station in a dusty New Mexico town and this guy bounces up in an old pickup truck. In the back was a wooden crate with several of these creatures inside. He asked if I wanted one. "Sure", I reply The old guy said he had scores running around his property.

For a final tag line I ask the patron--you remember all those movies back in the 50s with the giant ants and spiders? You don;t think Hollywood made that stuff up did you?

That line leave them gasping for both air and the exit...

HA!
Fitz
View Profile
Elite user
Phoenix, AZ
476 Posts

Profile of Fitz
Journal #4 See IT soon...

Over a year later and I still have not taken my ADW out yet... Next Friday night is the big debut!

Life is good! I still have my dream tech job, and Kelley and I moved into our own new home a few months back. We were inspired by Todd and Krista Robbins, now we are working on starting a family. Smile

For over a year now I have had a full Zibit setup but I have not yet taken it out. Next friday I have a space reserved at a monthly art event and I will be showing my Atomic Death Worm. I am so excited! I'll post some picks and let you all know how it goes...

Fitz

P.S. If anyone has done a bally tape for an ADW I would be interested in your script. This show is not the normal recommended venue, and I think a bally tape could be good. Please PM if you would like to share.
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Lord aw mighty, I forgot all about this. Glad to see you two are still THE item.

On the pics, please don't show 'too much' of the secret words and stuff.

AS to a pitch tape...regardless of what you think you sound like...do it in YOUR own voice...very simply presented, no affectations...call me and I'll run you though it as to how and WHY.

:)
Need the Toll Free #? PM or eMail.
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » I love her, she’s a keeper... and I like my new Zibit too! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL